talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

Not a great day for Sauber :( Ericsson crashes, Leclerc spins and misses out on Q3.

Ferrari screwing themselves with a bad strategy call once again. Shocker xD  P4 Kimi, P9 Vettel...

Ricciardo with engine issues again.

Are you all still sleeping? :P 

Edited by nudge

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

6 wins in 7, not enough to impress an F1 expert like @Stan unfortunately. Perhaps 7 in 8 will do the trick?

I meant the '5 times a champion' bit despite there being one driver who has won more championships. And that driver has also won more consecutive races as opposed to 6 in 7 xD

Come back when Hamilton has won a couple more championships, then he'll 'come close'. 

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Watched this race on German TV too, since when did you put fucking adverts every 10 minutes whilst the race is on?! 

@Tommy @BartraPique1932 @nudge

RTL? Stay away from it, it's awful xD Sky Germany used to show F1 without adverts, but they dropped their coverage this season as they failed to negotiate new terms... 

I worked till 4am last night and set the alarm for the race, but just turned it off and kept on sleeping xD Missed all of it.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Yeah RTL, absolute shit xD. They showed two screens sometimes, showing the advert on the left (which was fucking massive) and the race on the right (where I could just about see a red blob showing a Ferrari). 

I think there were about three full ad breaks in the race too with one of them being over the Hamilton, Bottas and Ricciardo pit stops so the three of them just magically changed tyres xD.  Absolutely vile broadcasting.

Yes, I get it that they are supposed to generate money via ads, but that's just ridiculous... ORF (Austrian TV) used to be my top choice for F1 broadcasts, but they started blocking VPN connections a while ago, even when using one with a Chameleon protocol which is supposed to hide it :( So now I'm stuck with SRF (Swiss TV). Not too bad, only few ads, but the moderator can be slightly annoying sometimes.

I guess I could just watch it on my cable TV (Fox Sports Asia), but the commentators there are even more annoying xD

• Administrator
57 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Ah, understood. Apologies for the above post as I know when it comes to Formula One you are most definitely our expert. 

I shall take this as an opportunity to learn from your wisdom and hopefully make posts that can be mutually beneficial in the near future. 

Enjoy the rest of your day, much appreciated.

You can be so weird sometimes xD

• Haha 1

I mostly watch the races on British SKY streams, because I like Crofty and Brundle. RTL is utter trash. Anyway, was out last night, and didn't watch the race, because I knew how it's going to end. Didn't miss much. Fuck this season. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I mostly watch the races on British SKY streams, because I like Crofty and Brundle. RTL is utter trash. Anyway, was out last night, and didn't watch the race, because I knew how it's going to end. Didn't miss much. Fuck this season. 

smileys-vomiting.gif

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

You don't like them? Ten times better than the Austrians on ORF, hundred times better than the old bags on RTL. 

Brundle is good, Crofty is an annoying tit.

Hausleitner and Alex Wurz on ORF are class, definitely my most favourite commentator pair. And anyone is better than the RTL ones xD 

• Like 1

• Subscriber

It's a matter of taste in the end... Fox Sports Asia use Sky Sports commentary on their broadcasts of F1, so I can watch it on cable without a problem, but I seriously find it so annoying that I willingly switch to streams instead...

• Subscriber

Didn't manage to rouse myself at 6am so just looked up the result after the race. No surprise to see Hamilton winning with ease and Vettel continuing to become a parody of himself.

Ferrari just aren't that good a team. Schumacher dragged them to a bunch of championships along with Todt and Brawn and the guys who's name I've forgotten but was building the cars, but aside from those years they've won one other Drivers championship since Jody Scheckter in 1979.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Vettel not accepting his mistakes pissed me off a little, putting the blame totally on Max rather than accepting that once again he's fucked up. 

Leclerc will make him look a right mug.

I'm not sure he will - I reckon there'll be a Hamilton/Bottas situation where it's all 'give Vettel everything while it matters' and more team-orders controversies. 

Which is a shame cos you can't not like Leclerc and it won't be pretty seeing it happen for the benefit of his team-mate.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.leclerc-left-unimpressed-with-'stupid'-magnussen.2ll93icC4IQmsQ4M6QcucI.html

Leclerc: “Magnussen is, and will always be, stupid." 

Wow, I've never seen Charles angry. Don't ruin my boy please, he's so pure. 

To be fair, the hype around him is unhealthy and unproductive... It's obvious that he's a very talented driver, likely the most talented to come from the youth ranks in recent years, and he does have a likeable character and an interesting backstory that the media likes to milk - but there's no need to put him into the spotlight and under pressure that much and that early... Hope it all doesn't get into his head and a move to Ferrari doesn't ruin him.

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

To be fair, the hype around him is unhealthy and unproductive... It's obvious that he's a very talented driver, likely the most talented to come from the youth ranks in recent years, and he does have a likeable character and an interesting backstory that the media likes to milk - but there's no need to put him into the spotlight and under pressure that much and that early... Hope it all doesn't get into his head and a move to Ferrari doesn't ruin him.

I know, but that's the business these days. I think Charles is mature and clever enough to not let it get to him. I still think it would have been better if he stayed at Sauber or move to Haas for one more season, to learn the ropes and be better prepared for the ultimate challenge that is being a Scuderia Ferrari driver. But god damnit I want him to succeed so bad. For Jules, for his Papa :( The kid had to endure some tragic stuff in the last few years and still always performed. I will always root for him :)