Morecambe vs Accrington Stanley
Newport vs Colchester
Notts County vs Swindon
Stockport vs Forest Green
Sutton vs Salford
Tranmere vs Bradford
Walsall vs MK Dons

• Subscriber

Hard to know where to stand on this game. Because I think we're quite convincingly better than Preston but you can't knock how they've started at all.

Win this and we have a 7 point gap to 3rd already.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

NTT20 were saying Championship and League Two games are averaging over 3.5 goals a game. That's insane.

I've not been as active as I wanted, but based on last season when they were in the National League, I've recently started to do very small bets on Wrexham games having over 5.5 goals.

I admit that I haven't been as active with it as I want (thought of it too late and forgot about others at times), but I'm currently marginally up thanks to a last minute goal in the Crewe game. If I'd done it from the start, I'd be up more as 3 of the first 4 games would have come in.

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Middlesbrough finding their form. 3 on the trot. 

No complaints. Other than those two chances, we did nothing of note.

While we do have some injuries, I question the lack of rotation when we've played 5 games in two and a half weeks, while playing Adams out of position (a CM playing at RB) when Romeo is on the bench (a natural RB). It's not surprising that Boro found success coming from that side.

• Administrator

Fingers cross the Orient fan is okay

Tuesday's League One match between Leyton Orient and Lincoln City was abandoned after 82 minutes following a medical emergency in the crowd.

Stewards initially raced over to an area at the front of the East Stand at Brisbane Road with some home fans calling for play to be stopped.

The match kept going for a few minutes while the supporter was being treated, before one fan ran on to try to alert referee Stephen Martin.

The game continued until around 20 Orient supporters sat on the pitch at the home end as CPR continued on the fan and play was finally halted.

Orient were leading 1-0 at the time through Joe Pigott's 10th-minute goal.

The decision to abandon the game was announced at 22:25 BST, almost an hour after the match was paused, with medics still attending to the supporter.

"Tuesday's fixture against Lincoln City was abandoned due to a medical emergency in the East Stand of Brisbane Road," an Orient statement said.

"The thoughts of everyone at Leyton Orient Football Club are with the individual involved and their loved ones at this distressing time.

"The club would like to thank all supporters in attendance at Brisbane Road this evening for the understanding and compassion shown, during a very difficult situation.

"The club will provide a further update in due course."

• Subscriber

We won! Sounded like a good performance from us albeit with Barrow having the majority of the possession. We took the chances when they came to us for once and it's paid off with a 2-1 win after being 2-0 up.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Ipswich are the real deal aren't they? They must be absolutely buzzing after two decades of utter drabness. 

I think they'll struggle when injuries come personally. I don't anticipate them keeping this up that's for sure.

They are a well coached team though. Everyone knows their role and are pretty disciplined with it. 

Just interested to see what happens when two or three of the main players start to miss a few games or they need to rotate.

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I am in a WhatsApp group with someone that was there. The referee wanted to continue the game, but fans nearby who recognised the likelihood the fan was going to pass away did a sit down protest on the pitch until the game got paused.

Fair play to the fans who got it rightly stopped

I just hope, in this day and age of no common sense, that they don't get punished as a result of this.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

I think they'll struggle when injuries come personally. I don't anticipate them keeping this up that's for sure.

They are a well coached team though. Everyone knows their role and are pretty disciplined with it. 

Just interested to see what happens when two or three of the main players start to miss a few games or they need to rotate.

25 points from 10 for anyone is good but a newly promoted side it's remarkable. I don't even look at their XI and think it's that great either although you can maybe forgive my ignorance. McKenna seems to be the real deal.

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I am in a WhatsApp group with someone that was there. The referee wanted to continue the game, but fans nearby who recognised the likelihood the fan was going to pass away did a sit down protest on the pitch until the game got paused.

The referee wouldn't allow the medics to run across the pitch either so they had to run round the edge. Seconds really do matter with problems of the heart and whilst he wouldn't have necessarily known the severity of the incident, it doesn't look good on him.

• Administrator

3-0 win. Tough in the first half with Preston having 11 behind the ball and barely any space between their defence and midfield.

Second half, we're out and play much quicker and try and get KDH on the ball quicker, and that seemed to be the key. First goal was fortunate with how it fell to him but he took it well. Then Preston seemed out of ideas once their first plan failed to keep us out. Then Iheanacho comes on and shows his PL quality. Second goal was several passes, just patient play ending, then third goal Iheanacho sprays out a pass and deserved the goal before his shot was saved and rebound fell to KDH. 

9 wins from 10. Top of the league. 7 ahead of 3rd. Preston go to Ipswich on Saturday as well so could create more of a gap between either side.

Couldn't really have wished for a better start so far. Incredible it's been this comfortable.

• The topic was unpinned