Stockport vs Sutton
Swindon vs Barrow
Walsall vs Tranmere
Wrexham vs Colchester

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Bloody hell what a brilliant day for us. Leeds and Ipswich both dropping home games they were expected to win. They play each other next week as well while we have Rotherham at home. Fantastic chance to build up a gap.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Bloody hell what a brilliant day for us. Leeds and Ipswich both dropping home games they were expected to win. They play each other next week as well while we have Rotherham at home. Fantastic chance to build up a gap.

And I really want that gap before the Boxing Day game. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

And I really want that gap before the Boxing Day game. 

It's pretty likely. I do think Monday is a bit of a banana skin but Rotherham at home, surely, surely we win?

• Subscriber

Got a mate who supports Birmingham. Predictably he's been very down on them since the Rooney appointment, was open minded about it but it just hasn't worked at all so far. The worry however is he said that at Cardiff in the week they did seem to rediscover their ability to be a tough unit to break down. They are another side who like Millwall have changed manager midseason in an attempt to be more attacking and it hasn't really worked for them. I think their natural instinct is going to be to sit back, that could make this a tougher game than I was anticipating.

I really fancy us to win 1-2. Got all the hallmarks of a narrow win for me. If we do that leaves us 3 ahead of Ipswich and 13 ahead of Southampton/Leeds, with Leeds and Ipswich facing each other next week and ourselves playing Rotherham at home. Nothing is decided in December, but I do think if we win tomorrow there is very much going to be that collective feeling on Christmas Day that we're too far clear to be hauled in again that was there around 6 weeks ago. We had a kind December on paper, and so far, so good.

Even better news is those idiots Sky, who've stuck this on a crappy Monday night for their Wagatha Christie nonsense are going to be left blunted by Vardy being very unlikely to play. Daka's scored 2 in 2 and neither of the other two have really played well enough to justify leaving that out, so he will start for sure.

Lets get it won.

• Subscriber

Christ Birmingham are a poor side. That Dembele has Demarai Gray written all over him. I bet he has a great YouTube highlight reel but it's 5% of the length of the compilation of him backheeling it out for a throw in or playing what should be an easy through ball 5 yards behind a team-mate. Mavididi is clearly a similar player at the other end but actually knows how to use his quick feet to hurt the opposition.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Christ Birmingham are a poor side. That Dembele has Demarai Gray written all over him. I bet he has a great YouTube highlight reel but it's 5% of the length of the compilation of him backheeling it out for a throw in or playing what should be an easy through ball 5 yards behind a team-mate. Mavididi is clearly a similar player at the other end but actually knows how to use his quick feet to hurt the opposition.

Yep we get a lot of what Mavididi can be about all in one half of games sometimes. 

Composure of finishing, fancy footwork, skilful and quick. 

Then at other times wasteful, off target, complacent and just off it. 

It's exactly what we were told we were getting when we signed him. Fine for this division but will get totally exposed and dominated by a decent full back in the PL. 

• Administrator

Phew. Find myself saying this a few too many times this season but that should have been a much more comfortable win. Arguably could have been realistically about 5 goals clear by the time they got their 2nd. After about 75 mins we just became ridiculously slow and complacent and like we threw the game plan and comfortability out the window. 

Despite the slump towards the end of the game, it's another 3 points, some very good play for the majority of it, and a massive 13 points to 3rd place. 

And it could be 16 before Christmas hits depending how Leeds and Ipswich do against each other. Have to be beating Rotherham regardless what happens in that game. 

• Subscriber

Think we're back in a position where it's very hard to not see us sailing to promotion now. 4 wins out of 4 in December. I think 2-3 really flattered Birmingham. I thought they were largely pretty badly organised and didn't really know what to do about us. We've played that into a far tighter looking game than it was slightly unnecessarily. Rotherham Saturday. For some context we're 1/6 to win the game - the shortest I have ever seen us for a league game.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived