Jump to content
talkfootball365

La Liga - Week 3 Fixtures - 8-11th September 2017


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Friday 8th September, 2017
Levante vs Getafe, 20.00

Saturday 9th September, 2017
Real Madrid vs Levante, 12.00
Valencia vs Atletico Madrid, 15.15
Sevilla vs Eibar, 17.30
Barcelona vs Espanyol, 19.45

Sunday 10th September, 2017
Deportivo La Coruna vs Real Sociedad, 11.00
Athletic Bilbao vs Girona, 15.15
Celta Vigo vs Alaves, 17.30
Villarreal vs Real Betis, 19.45

Monday 11th September, 2017
Malaga vs Las Palmas

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ter Stegen

Semedo -- Umtiti -- Pique -- Alba

Busquets

Roberto ------- Denis

Messi -- Suarez -- Deulofeu

 

Dembele will be lacking match sharpness, but if he's fit then I'd bring him on later as a sub, maybe also start Iniesta and give him 60 minutes, depending on how he's feeling after playing for Spain this week. Also Suarez played for Uruguay the other night, so I'm guessing he will be fit. If not, then I'd play Paco Alcacer down the middle, or play Messi down the middle, with Denis on the right and Iniesta with Sergi Roberto and Busquets in midfield.

Denis deserves a proper run in the team! Valverde has been using him as a sub though in most games up to now, so he might have plans for him. Hopefully so, as he deserves a chance and right now is the perfect opportunity.

 

Edited by The Rebel CRS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Ter Stegen

Semedo -- Umtiti -- Pique -- Alba

Busquets

Roberto ------- Denis

Messi -- Suarez -- Deulofeu

 

Dembele will be lacking match sharpness, but if he's fit then I'd bring him on later as a sub, maybe also start Iniesta and give him 60 minutes, depending on how he's feeling after playing for Spain this week. Also Suarez played for Uruguay the other night, so I'm guessing he will be fit. If not, then I'd play Paco Alcacer down the middle, or play Messi down the middle, with Denis on the right and Iniesta with Sergi Roberto and Busquets in midfield.

Denis deserves a proper run in the team! Valverde has been using him as a sub though in most games up to now, so he might have plans for him. Hopefully so, as he deserves a chance and right now is the perfect opportunity.

 

The fact Barcelona didn't sign anyone else will surely mean plenty of chances for Denis Suárez...  At least I hope that's the case mate.

Espanyol have amassed a decent bunch of players and they've had a very good pre season.  It isn't going to be easy I think (I say I think because you never know how these things can go).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He deserves the chances mate as there is nothing to lose in this respect and it's not like he wasn't terrific for Villarreal or hasn't impressed when given chances at Barcelona.

 

Atleast Sergi Roberto is finally getting chances in his correct position though and seems to be growing in confidence playing that role as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He deserves the chances mate as there is nothing to lose in this respect and it's not like he wasn't terrific for Villarreal or hasn't impressed when given chances at Barcelona.

 

Atleast Sergi Roberto is finally getting chances in his correct position though and seems to be growing in confidence playing that role as well.

Denis Suárez had three or four spectacular games and especially one where he was named MOTM by La Liga.

As for Sergi Roberto...  I can see it in him to be one of the top midfielders in Europe if he's given continuance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/09/2017 at 0:04 AM, SirBalon said:

Denis Suárez had three or four spectacular games and especially one where he was named MOTM by La Liga.

As for Sergi Roberto...  I can see it in him to be one of the top midfielders in Europe if he's given continuance.

Then Enrique stopped playing him for no reason at all. Looks like Valverde isn't going to have much faith in him either, as Denis hasn't been named in the squad for tonight's game, despite not being injured. On the other hand, Paulinho and Andre Gomes are both in the squad..

Sergi Roberto is being rested tonight as a pre-caution, but looks set to be given the continuance he has needed in midfield this season, so there are no worries about him getting the opportunities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Full time: Real Madrid 1-1 Levante

More points dropped by Real, which now means 4 dropped in their last 2 games, and both were home fixtures. They have Real Sociedad away next as well, who could potentially cause them a lot more problems than their last 2 opponents. Big result for Levante, welcome back to La Liga.

This means nothing from Barcelona's perspective if it doesn't end with a big win against Espanyol this evening though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Early days, but a home draw against Levante smells dodgy.  The one against Valencia I didn't take too much notice of because Real Madrid traditionally suffer against them for some unknown reason.  But against Levante (recently promoted) at home isn't a good sign.

Still...  There are only three games gone and none of the three games have been defeats which is what really drains a team's confidence.  Draws for some reason even at home seem to only spur teams on.

Let's see if Barça can get through the Barcelona derby unscathed and accomplish a victory.  Even though is doesn't mean anything to Real Madrid, it could work to bring some confidence to the side and more importantly, belief.

Edited by SirBalon
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First Barcelona goal was off-side and should've easily been seen by the assistant referee. But all the same... What a player that's "down a level" did to score was well... ahem... Praise? Maybe he'll one day be a top player.

The second goal was all about perseverance and nervous defending. Never give up and with that mindset you sometimes end up winning a battle. 

2-0 first half... Let's see if Barcelona come out looking for more or make the mistake they made various times last season in thinking the work was done and then got punished. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Messi with 2 goals to make it 2-0 going into the break, but what has been most impressive about him are the passes he makes. I can't think of a better passer in the world to be honest(not just to make these passes but actually see them). He looked an inch off for the first goal, but took it brilliantly well either way.

The defence have been solid, although not too troubled at the same time and Rakitic has been quality. The Croatian is playing like the old Rakitic, as he has been doing so far this season and in pre-season. Big positive there as the midfield has been a weakness for the last 12 months or so and with players like himself regaining form, it builds confidence throughout the team. Busquets has also done a fantastic job and just like with Rakitic, it's just what the team need.

Suarez has largely been off the pace for me but needs to get back into his rhythm after a month out.

The football has been class tonight and this is the real Barcelona. Long may it continue.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Think first before you dig holes you may fall into matey. 

What holes have I dug? Dude its my opinion! If you don't like it then you can bore off. 

Learn to respect others opinions and not just your own because of your own arrogant views that have more than 40 years. 

Point is, stop being a bore. You're literally becoming worse than Teso by day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Blue said:

What holes have I dug? Dude its my opinion! If you don't like it then you can bore off. 

Learn to respect others opinions and not just your own because of your own arrogant views that have more than 40 years. 

Point is, stop being a bore. You're literally becoming worse than Teso by day. 

Here we go with "it's my opinion and if you don't like it then stuff you". You're boring mate! You talk crap although you shouldn't have to because you genuinely love the sport. But your problem is you... If you can somehow eliminate you from your football (you being your opinions) then we have something. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Here we go with "it's my opinion and if you don't like it then stuff you". You're boring mate! You talk crap although you shouldn't have to because you genuinely love the sport. But your problem is you... If you can somehow eliminate you from your football (you being your opinions) then we have something. 

Well that sums up your problem right there. We all have a right to have our opinions and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't to be taken seriously. I'm sorry you don't like that I don't think Lionel Messi is as good as he was 5 years ago or that I think Hamsik is arguably the best 10 in the world. Again, you're arrogant and I'm not the only one who thinks this. 

Such wasted potential, like I said you know your football but my god learn to respect opinions. If you have a mid life crisis because you wanted to work in the sport, I'm afraid you wouldn't have made it with that mentality and I'll tell you through experience.

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Asura said:

You said exactly the same about Bellerin :ph34r:

Watch out, don't differ from his opinion too much or he'll abuse you around the forum for "being too different".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The topic was unpinned

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...