talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

AFCON - Jan/Feb 2024

Equatorial Guinea are leading Guinea-Bissau 4-1, it's been an excellent performance from them and with 10 minutes of the match left, they have surely secured the win today.

Equatorial Guinea 4-1 Guinea-Bissau

Guinea-Bissau pull a goal back through Ze Turbo deep in injury time, but it's too little too late as Equatorial Guinea win 4-2.

Equatorial Guinea 4-2 Guinea-Bissau

Edited by Michael

• Administrator

Eventful 5 mins. Egypt equalise through Marmoush, but Ghana retake the lead almost immediately through a deflected Kudus shot. 

Just now, Stan said:

Eventful 5 mins. Egypt equalise through Marmoush, but Ghana retake the lead almost immediately through a deflected Kudus shot. 

Yeah a poor back pass was capitalised by Marmoush who did well to round the keeper and slot the ball home for Egypt. But Kudos scored a 2nd goal to help Ghana retake the lead. 

Ryan Mendes scores Cape Verde's 2nd goal, as he tackled the the Mozambique defender and forced the mistake from him before slotting the ball home past the keeper and into the net. Cape Verde look like they will win their 2nd AFCON match in a row here, after beating Ghana 2-1 in their opening match of the competition. Cape Verde have to be the most overachieving side in Africa, their national team always looks a threat in the AFCON Cup, well certainly in recent years. Not bad for a country with a population of around only half a million people.

Cape Verde 2-0 Mozambique

7 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Senegal the favourites to win this I reckon. I've been very impressed with their individual and collective game here.

Senegal have a very strong team and they have looked good. But to be fair, I think they've been given a relatively easy group. Gambia are a weak side, Cameroon have been very disappointing and have not played well. Cameroon played more than 45 minutes with a man advantage against Guinea, after Guinea had a man sent off. But Cameroon couldn't even get a win against 10 man Guinea, as they could only draw 1-1.

Guinea have been the 2nd best team in the group and they will be Senegal's next opponents. However, Guinea have played all their matches so far without their star striker Serhou Guirassy who has been injured. Guirassy though could very well play some minutes against Senegal when Guinea play them in their final group match.

34 minutes ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Even if the goalkeeping was bad the strike was ridiculously precise for it to fly in like that. It was a proper thunderbastard.

Yeah fair play he got it on target but there's no way he should be scoring. The goalkeeping is awful

26 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah fair play he got it on target but there's no way he should be scoring. The goalkeeping is awful

I would agree if it was a random weak shot but the power of it made it look better apart from being on target, but I do agree on the goalkeeping. I'm sure he meant it but I don't think he expected it.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Ridiculous as in the goalkeeping?

51 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah the goalkeeping being crap. He has no right to be scoring from there. 

• The topic was unpinned