Swindon vs Tranmere, 19.45
Walsall vs Accrington Stanley, 19.45

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Obviously, estatic. I don't think it's quite sunk in we've won that game but that's Football isn't it. It's probably the first time in a long time we've won a game we've been second best in and don't deserve to. Very unlike us.

Got to say I feel for the Leicester boys on here, it's horrible losing games like that, especially the one's that are bigged up a bit by the media so I don't want to twist the knife. They played a solid game, if they had won 0-3, I don't think I'd have complained. But fuck me, you can't waste them chances though.

I wouldn't say we we were entirely dominated start to finish as that first half could and should have been a different story really with the openings we created, but we were dead and buried second half. Literally just hung in there and taken a pounding. So yeah, we've ended up robbing them really based on the chances they missed and that Daka 'goal' disallowed (which 100% should have counted)

Terrible performance from us. Players looked far too tense, stray passes, heavy touches, snatching at chances, absolutely no composure whatsoever. Everything felt far too tight, and not loose.

But someway, somehow, we've dug that outta nowhere. This is Elland Road. We know what can happen here when we get our tails up and get a sniff. Although a lot of quality was missing tonight with our final touch, we still posses that threat in the game if we're within a goal.

Once Roberts smashes that equaliser in, Elland Road goes into a world of its own and just does something to galvinise this team. Leicester looked deflated after that equaliser and we just became lifted from the roar of the crowd.

I suppose end of the day, you give Farke credit for changing it and the subs all end up making a telling contribution. Bamford, James and Roberts definitely gave us fresh energy and something different, especially the latter.

And what about our Archie Gray eh? Out of position at RB, shoved over to LB, and then makes something happen to put us 2-1 up. This boy is made different. Sadly I suspect we may only enjoy him for two seasons tops before he's gone.

Unlike some, I'm not really a smug winner. Yeah we cut the gap to 6pts off top but I still fancy Leicester to go up in first. Hopefully we can carry this momentum forward and consolidate that 2nd spot, that's the main objective.

Maresca may live to regret the 'just another game' line which was a tad naive of him really, especially now we've ended up beating them twice, but it's all harmless gamesmanship. He set Leicester up really well to be fair and for the best part, they done a number on the likes of Summerville, Gnonto, Rutter etc.

Ricardo Perreira was MOTM for me. The lack of a clinical striker was really what let them down. Perhaps if Vardy's fit, he sticks away one of those for sure.

• Subscriber

There is something seriously psychologically wrong at this club and I can't really explain it. There is an almost inevitability about bottling things.

If Leeds had outclassed us tonight I could say fair game, but we have played that game pretty much 90% spot on and still somehow imploded at the end. If it was an isolated incident I could blame the luck of the bounce and deflections and whatnot, but it isn't.

The minute they get one, the fans, the players, they just know what follows. There is something psychologically wrong and I really don't see the obvious fix for it.

• Subscriber

Lucas I've not read all of that but what you've put to me is quite telling that you thought you were rubbish. I agreed. I thought we were the better side in the first half and then brilliant for most of the second. I just can't fathom how that can play out. We see that through and I'm talking about probably the best showing under Maresca and a night that gives me confidence we can live in the Premier League without tonnes of work.

Yet we lose 3-1.

I'm genuinely baffled. I usually have the answers (or so I think) but I truly am stumped here.

12 hours ago, Dan said:

Lucas I've not read all of that but what you've put to me is quite telling that you thought you were rubbish. I agreed. I thought we were the better side in the first half and then brilliant for most of the second. I just can't fathom how that can play out. We see that through and I'm talking about probably the best showing under Maresca and a night that gives me confidence we can live in the Premier League without tonnes of work.

Yet we lose 3-1.

I'm genuinely baffled. I usually have the answers (or so I think) but I truly am stumped here.

Well, I was disappointed we werent leading at HT tbh as we created some good opportunities but the last touch was shocking.

Think back to Piroe's shot early doors which was wayward, just needed to square to Summerville for a tap in. Gnonto just needed to shoot when through and then wasted the chance cutting in, Summerville through again and then a poor touch...we were so off it but they are three big chances.

Second half you went up a notch and had us on the backfoot. Meslier made a couple really solid saves and you're dead unlucky with the offside goal. But you know as well as I do, cannot miss them chances that Mavididi and Daka miss. I still don't know how Daka's went so off target. That was poor.

I thought we looked out of ideas around 60-70mins and you had us totally in your pocket but Bamford, Roberts and James come on and its given us fresh energy, especially the former. 

Out of nowehere, we've grabbed an equaliser after good play from Rutter and then Elland Road becomes the bear pit its synonymous with being. We've found a gear and you look a side that knows the game should have been won. Definitely looks a mental case with you.

We were incredibly lucky you didn't kill us off last night, no doubt about it, we were there for the taking but I guess there is a reason we've gone from 17pts behind to just 6pts now.

Obviously not a bad side and we're pretty dangerous team to let off the hook. Considering we had an awful summer and the first two months of the season we were playing catch up after so much upheaval, we've really done well to get ourselves into this position. Makes you wonder what could have happened if we were able to have a clean start in August.

Edited by Lucas

• The topic was unpinned