talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Europa League 2023/24 Quarter-Finals - Thursday 11th April, 2024 (1st Legs)

• Subscriber

As said above we've been slowly digressing in attack and defense. The match last night was just a team showing what needs to be done to take advantage of that and had we met Leverkusen we'd have gotten the drubbing of the season because Atalanta could have had much more. The players look like they are out of it and have already given up because you don't just magically go from one game to the next and turn into world beaters its consistency that gets you there.

I don't think this is smart from Klopp if it was his gameplan to keep players fresh for the league because it will backfire. What also puzzles me is how well this team did in the absence of big names up front but their return has made them worse? Odd really but this is standard fare really because we always start strong and start to falter a bit towards the end of the season. Maybe it's the fact that the players are run so hard for most part of the year that its hard playing at the same intensity but that's no excuse for what we saw last night and have been seeing in shades all season long. 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Our attack is as sharp as a blunt spoon at the moment.

Ah yes, as opposed to those sharp spoons :ph34r: xD

Bayer Leverkusen will surely advance to the next round now in my opinion. West Ham have been very strong at home, but in the form that Bayer Leverkusen have been in this season, they should be too strong for the Hammers and the Germans should advance to the semi-finals. Leverkusen have to be the favourites now to lift the Europa League trophy. They have been amazing this season.

11 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Shocking result. I guess a 5th Champions League spot just got further away..

Atalanta are a very decent side, it seems like Liverpool underestimated them.

• The topic was unpinned