• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tacos or Burritos?

football forum

Tacos or Burritos?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Tacos or Burritos?

23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

But he researched Burritos while he was there. 

I didn't eat burritos in Puerto Vallarta tbh. Tacos, fajitas, and quesadillas though, which were all so good. Like I said, I've only had burritos twice in Tijuana - and I probably won't have them again.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I didn't eat burritos in Puerto Vallarta tbh. Tacos, fajitas, and quesadillas though, which were all so good. Like I said, I've only had burritos twice in Tijuana - and I probably won't have them again.

Man you can't be talking shit about Mexican food when you had fajitas, the food that Mexicans make fun of gringos for liking xD

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Man you can't be talking shit about Mexican food when you had fajitas, the food that Mexicans make fun of gringos for liking xD

Tbf I was in that resort that was very much designed for gringos.

I also wasn't talking shit about Mexican food, I was just saying loading a burrito with rice and beans is bullshit.

38 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I also wasn't talking shit about Mexican food, I was just saying loading a burrito with rice and beans is bullshit.

I think you just don't like burritos mate

45 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

And I was relying on you for legit info. 

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And I was relying on you for legit info. 

My Mexico City trip (which is just in the planning stages, nothing set in stone yet) should be a far less gringo experience than my recent Puerto Vallarta experience which was the most gringo experience I've had in Mexico by far.

But honestly, every trip to Mexico I've had has been pretty gringo because I am a gringo xD - I'm not sure actual Mexicans from Mexico have to deal with things like getting pulled over and told you've broken some traffic law you haven't broken... but really you're just in a rental car heading towards the border crossing. They'll tell you they have to take your drivers license unless you pay a "fine", but if you tell them you want an actual written citation and you'll go to the station with them to pay the fine they'll tell you to fuck off and go on your way. I'm pretty sure that is something that only happens to gringos.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My Mexico City trip (which is just in the planning stages, nothing set in stone yet) should be a far less gringo experience than my recent Puerto Vallarta experience which was the most gringo experience I've had in Mexico by far.

But honestly, every trip to Mexico I've had has been pretty gringo because I am a gringo xD - I'm not sure actual Mexicans from Mexico have to deal with things like getting pulled over and told you've broken some traffic law you haven't broken... but really you're just in a rental car heading towards the border crossing. They'll tell you they have to take your drivers license unless you pay a "fine", but if you tell them you want an actual written citation and you'll go to the station with them to pay the fine they'll tell you to fuck off and go on your way. I'm pretty sure that is something that only happens to gringos.

I really don't think CDMX will be any less gringo

Just now, Spike said:

Did you not leave the resort?

I did, but barely cos I was only there for a few days and one of those days was the wedding we were attending. I'll have to go back to check out a shitload of the stuff I missed. But with CDMX I'm planning on staying for more than just 3 days and I'll get to plan out all the shit I'll be doing, instead of just doing whatever my pals planned out for us while we were out there for his wedding.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I did, but barely cos I was only there for a few days and one of those days was the wedding we were attending. I'll have to go back to check out a shitload of the stuff I missed. But with CDMX I'm planning on staying for more than just 3 days and I'll get to plan out all the shit I'll be doing, instead of just doing whatever my pals planned out for us while we were out there for his wedding.

I was in the thick of Puerto Vallarta

• Like 1

Just now, Spike said:

I was in the thick of Puerto Vallarta

It was probably very fun, from what I saw it looks like a very fun city. Most of the time I've spent in Mexico has been in Baja California - mostly Tijuana & Ensenada. Both are great.