talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga Promotion/Relegation Playoffs 2024

• The topic was pinned
32 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Good Luck! Hope you'll be promoted.

Thanks, I hope so too. I think I like playing Bochum better than Mainz or Union, but still, anything could happen. I'd say the momentum is on our side though. 

I did not expect that. Wow. We were even so close to scoring the 4-0. 

But we still have 90 minutes at our hands. Granted, our home form has been amazing this season, but if Bochum scores an early goal on Monday, it could be a close encounter after all. But l'm carefully optimistic. 

Ao Tanaka was so good today. He was everywhere on the pitch and worked his socks off. Well Tzolis just did Tzolis things. What a player. I hope we can somehow keep him. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Michael said:

Great performance by Dusseldorf, @Tommy you must be delighted with that performance. I am sure they will give just as good a performance at home in the return leg. 

Thanks! And I hope so. I'm kinda go through all scenarios in my head about what could happen on Monday. Possible that Bochum come out guns blazing because they have nothing to lose, or as Stefan Kuntz put it "Sometimes your biggest chance is that you have no chance." But yea, I hope we can put in another great performance. Daniel Thioune will certainly prepare the players right. 

On 23/05/2024 at 21:34, Tommy said:

I did not expect that. Wow. We were even so close to scoring the 4-0. 

But we still have 90 minutes at our hands. Granted, our home form has been amazing this season, but if Bochum scores an early goal on Monday, it could be a close encounter after all. But l'm carefully optimistic. 

Ao Tanaka was so good today. He was everywhere on the pitch and worked his socks off. Well Tzolis just did Tzolis things. What a player. I hope we can somehow keep him. 

Allofs doesn't sound optimistic about Tzolis staying from what he has said. But hopefully you guys can afford the option to buy him. Because if Dusseldorf don't buy him with that first option you have on him, there are plenty of Bundesliga clubs who will try and buy him on a long term contract themselves.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Michael said:

Allofs doesn't sound optimistic about Tzolis staying from what he has said. But hopefully you guys can afford the option to buy him. Because if Dusseldorf don't buy him with that first option you have on him, there are plenty of Bundesliga clubs who will try and buy him on a long term contract themselves.

Yea, our financial situation sounds dire. There's a good chance that we get promoted and we still lose Tzolis, Johanesson and Tanaka. :/ I know we are still paying off a dodgy loan from the early 2000's, and the stadium owners doubled the rent, but we got the DFB Pokal money, we get like 30 Mio Euros if we get promoted, I think. So it's still very weird to me that we got so little money for transfers apparently. :( 

11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@Tommy Wish your team success for the return leg this evening. Would be an unwelcome surprise, if luck were needed after first match's result.

Thanks! Yea, I'm hoping we continue where we left off on Thursday. 

8 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Now, it has the potential to become heated Düsseldorf 0-3Bochum. Bochum have now equalised the 1st leg deficite.

Unbelievable how they've scored 3, but to be fair Bochum have played very well today. Hoffman has scored 2, with Stoger scoring the 3rd from a penalty. This is an incredibly dramatic play-off, @Tommy must be very nervous right now.

Posted (edited)

If the sub Asano connected to that cross, that would likely have been the 4th goal. Hoffman, Stoger, Bero and Ordets have been excellent and stood out today, but all the Bochum team have done very well.

Edited by Michael