talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Acolyte (2024)

football forums

• Subscriber

I like this show, i mean I really want to like it but then they go and do what they did in this episode. Where's the motivation for half these nitwits to actually do the things they do. I get Sol's motivation because he was already attached to Osha since he figured she was the more powerful one of the two who wasn't marked but fuck me Torbin needs to grow some balls and should have had more to his need to return vs "i just want to go home". Then there's the death of all those witches who were chanting and the fact that they are at the source of something super powerful which supersedes the one master Jedi who actually shuts them down like turning the lights off for a play. 

Besides that, I can't wait for them to go back to the Sith/Ren/Whatever he is and just start that piece again because honestly that's the crux of this show for me and the more time they spend there the better they'll be for it. I get why they did this episode and it's to show the viewers that we're going to get Osha to turn to the darkside and Mae might change her mind and join the Jedi or do something similar. Surprise. 

The one other nice thing about this EP was the split conscious as a singular entity that has now formed two twins and maybe the idea there is to run with two force users who are equally matched in a lot of ways. 

11 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Hide contents

I like this show, i mean I really want to like it but then they go and do what they did in this episode. Where's the motivation for half these nitwits to actually do the things they do. I get Sol's motivation because he was already attached to Osha since he figured she was the more powerful one of the two who wasn't marked but fuck me Torbin needs to grow some balls and should have had more to his need to return vs "i just want to go home". Then there's the death of all those witches who were chanting and the fact that they are at the source of something super powerful which supersedes the one master Jedi who actually shuts them down like turning the lights off for a play. 

Besides that, I can't wait for them to go back to the Sith/Ren/Whatever he is and just start that piece again because honestly that's the crux of this show for me and the more time they spend there the better they'll be for it. I get why they did this episode and it's to show the viewers that we're going to get Osha to turn to the darkside and Mae might change her mind and join the Jedi or do something similar. Surprise. 

The one other nice thing about this EP was the split conscious as a singular entity that has now formed two twins and maybe the idea there is to run with two force users who are equally matched in a lot of ways. 

They could of told that whole story of what happened in 5mins, felt like a filler episode that dragged out and keeps us in suspenders for another week ¬¬ 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

They could of told that whole story of what happened in 5mins, felt like a filler episode that dragged out and keeps us in suspenders for another week ¬¬ 

I sort of felt they were trying to create character bonds because so much happened so erratically in the first few episodes you really dont know what is actually going on. Oh well, to next week we go.

• Subscriber

I would have really liked the episode if it was not the penultimate episode in Season 1. I thought it was good, but unless the finale is 2 hours long, I don't see how they can bring a satisfying end to the season without cramming too much of everything or leaving it on a stupid cliffhanger. 

Spoiler

I liked that they showed the flaws of the Jedi, whether it's Sol desperately wanting a Padawan for that special connection with another being and confusing what he wants with what is best, or Torben, who, despite his training, is still a moody teenager with lack of control over his emotions and thus easily manipulated (reminded me a lot of whiny Anakin, by the way), or Indara suggesting they cover it up "for a greater good". I liked that it fits really well with the whole "Jedi have lost their way" sentiment we had learned vaguely from the prequels, which basically led to them falling into the "lawful right" trap and becoming way too self-rightious. What we've seen in this show so far gives really strong vibes of the Jedi as a religious cult that takes young children away from their families and indoctrinate them to believe what they think is right, no matter the cost. Like Mother Aniseya said in the latest episode, "Some day those noble intentions you all have will destroy every Jedi in the galaxy"... Nice foreshadowing there. 

The vergence part is very interesting, too, and I also liked how they made references to the Great Hyperspace Disaster which ties into the High Republic novels. The twins being created by splitting one consciousness into two is really interesting as well, and I liked how Sol wasn't able to distinguish Mae from Osha 16 years ago, explaining why it took him so long to recognize Mae after she switched with Osha and got back to the ship in present. 

I am really looking forward to the finale, and I hope it is long enough to expand on the main story and answer some questions.

• Upvote 1

I liked the latest episode as well.

I like how the mother was in Torben's mind and told him he can have anything he wants and even suggestively put her hand on his chest, but all he wanted was to go home. Very relatable. 

😂

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

:o

Hide contents

Darth Plagueis?

Fuck YES! I just finished watching the episode, will post more tomorrow, but I think it's fair to say that it was very satisfying.

36 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fuck YES! I just finished watching the episode, will post more tomorrow, but I think it's fair to say that it was very satisfying.

It's about damn time, the other one cant be far behind 😀 hopefully we get more than 2 seconds of them next season :4_joy: ..you called it the other week, more or less spot on :congrats:look forward to your summary. P.s think the Andor season 2 is coming soon too :35_thinking:

Green nebula really a baddie, shocker.

Where is Yoda, he was very much alive during the high Republic, he was a spry 500 years old and very much the head of the Jedi Order.  He could sense the slaughter of jedi during order 66 but somehow cant sense every jedi dying.

The bait and switch was also predictable, osha turning bad embracing her past were she burned down the galactic catholic all girls convent down and let her sister take the fall.  All it took to sway her was some dolce and Gabbana style and scene with a topless dude walking around in greyscale.

There is no way this series gets a second.   Ashoka got canned despite more than twice the viewership.   The acolyte was a great opportunity given to bad script writers.

Disney may have Hayden and Ewan on speed dial to have another saber duel of fates to save Star Bores

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

• Subscriber

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Green nebula really a baddie, shocker.

Where is Yoda, he was very much alive during the high Republic, he was a spry 500 years old and very much the head of the Jedi Order.  He could sense the slaughter of jedi during order 66 but somehow cant sense every jedi dying.

The bait and switch was also predictable, osha turning bad embracing her past were she burned down the galactic catholic all girls convent down and let her sister take the fall.  All it took to sway her was some dolce and Gabbana style and scene with a topless dude walking around in greyscale.

There is no way this series gets a second.   Ashoka got canned despite more than twice the viewership.   The acolyte was a great opportunity given to bad script writers.

Disney may have Hayden and Ewan on speed dial to have another saber duel of fates to save Star Bores

You either didn't watch it and just repeat what morons like StarWarsTheory peddle on their channel for clicks, or you actually watched it and didn't understand anything, because almost everything in your post is objectively wrong, lol.

• Upvote 1

Ki El Mundi was born 98BBY over 34 years before the series but he is shown alive in this series. 

Yoda achieved the rank as grand master of the Jedi Order around 587BBY and as Grand Master would have overseen these events.   

Darth Plagieus birth year is not certain but it is between 100BBY and 170BBY,  by the time he was slain by sheev he was considered old for his species. 

The only Jedi that would have then known if the sith were alive was Yoda in episode 1,  however Yoda has never had a run in with a sith,  the extinction of the sith until the reveal in Episode one predates Yoda by a substantial timeline.  

46 minutes ago, nudge said:

You either didn't watch it and just repeat what morons like StarWarsTheory peddle on their channel for clicks, or you actually watched it and didn't understand anything, because almost everything in your post is objectively wrong, lol.

He has been doing starwars content for over 14 years,  he is very well respected when it comes to star wars lore and even he see's the plot holes.

In "A New Hope" Obi Wan tells Luke that the Jedi have been guardians of the galaxy for thousands of generations and that there was relative peace until the dark times referring to the separatist war and the sith reveal for the first time since the utter destruction of the sith empire and their home planet of Corroban in ~1132BBY.    Established legend supports that for over a thousand years there was very little conflict.   This was information that was passed on by Qui Gon (102BBY) and Dooku (102BBY) who both were apprentices to Yoda.

This series events would have been noticed by Yoda who can feel the life force of all Jedi,  Yoda knew Anakin killed the Tuskan Raiders, he also knew that Anakin would fall to bring about the real prophecy which was Luke.   He would have sensed the deaths of 4 masters, 6-7 Knights and Padawan. 

• Haha 2

Just now, nudge said:

So you have been watching and getting "your" opinions from him, lol. That's all I needed to know, and it makes a lot of sense now.

Ive watched all 8,  they show up on the disney plus as all watched,  from 6 I was only watching intermittently while doing other things. 

You are the one not dealing with the plot holes that don't work with original lore,  you can create new content so long as it works with established lore but the entire series does not work with star wars legend at all. 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Ive watched all 8,  they show up on the disney plus as all watched,  from 6 I was only watching intermittently while doing other things. 

You are the one not dealing with the plot holes that don't work with original lore,  you can create new content so long as it works with established lore but the entire series does not work with star wars legend at all. 

You and StarWarsTheory both seem to forget that Legends are not established lore, and honestly, it never was. Disney didn't decanonize it, simply because it was never canon in the first place. You know what George Lucas himself said about it? 

“There are two worlds here; There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe—the licensing world of the books, games and comic books.” - George Lucas, Cinescape, July 2001

“I don’t read that stuff. I haven’t read any of the novels. I don’t know anything about that world. That’s a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions.” - George Lucas, Starlog, August 2005

But instead, the fandom menace gets obsessed with children stories to such a degree that they start nitpicking on things like a random side characters alleged birth date or screws and bricks being used in manufacturing of Death Star parts, lol. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

It's about damn time, the other one cant be far behind 😀 hopefully we get more than 2 seconds of them next season :4_joy: ..you called it the other week, more or less spot on :congrats:look forward to your summary. P.s think the Andor season 2 is coming soon too :35_thinking:

Andor is only coming next year, I think :( The only one coming out this year is the Skeleton Crew, I think!

Anyway, some of my thoughts about the finale:

Spoiler

Darth Plagueis was obviously amazing, I thought they nailed the look and the horror there, him as a creepy Sith just lurking in the shadows! Really well done. What I am unsure of though, is which of the scenarios is true:
a) Darth Plagueis is the Sith master (Darth Tenebrous is not in the picture, or has been killed by Plagueis already), Qimir is his apprentice. Then there are more options here - Qimir might have been looking for an Acolyte with the knowledge of his master who is interested in the Force Dyad created from a vergence, or who even lend a helping hand to the Witches to create it, because it fits in with his search for eternal life. It could also be that Qimir has been looking for an Acolyte without his master knowing about it, and the latter getting suspicious and finding it out for himself.
b) Plagueis is still an apprentice of Tenebrous, but he also has Qimir as a secret apprentice of his own. 
c) Plagueis is still an apprentice of Tenebrous, Qimir is just a rogue dark force user. The Sith are keeping an eye on him and the twins. 
d) Plagueis is an apprentice of Darth Tenebrous, but so is Qimir. Plagueis found out about it, and is now secretly watching him. 
Either way, given later events, it is pretty clear that both Qimir and Osha are gonners, it's just a question of time. I still like the idea of them being the beginning of the Ren, and I think that's essentially where the story is going.

Seeing Kyber crystal bleed was really cool, think it is my favourite scene in the finale. Very well done. 

The Yoda scene in the end - glad they showed him, and I wonder what is he currently preoccupied with; seemed completely isolated from everything and everyone. I assume that Vernestra will tell him the truth about her former padawan turning to the dark side and being behind all the Jedi killings, and will ask his permission to go on a hunt for him and Osha.
The existence of the actual Sith is still hidden, as every Jedi who saw Qimir is now dead, with the exception of Vernestra, who covered it all up to save her own arse, but mostly to keep the Jedi council in power and keep the external control mechanisms away. I am repeating myself, but I really like how this show has changed the image of the Jedi and started showing their proper flaws and political manipulation that will lead to their own downfall. 

The show is not without flaws (pacing and certain dialogues being my main issue), but I enjoyed it quite a bit, hopefully there's Season 2. If not, maybe we'll get some new ones after a while that will tie into the story. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Yeah this show isn't a 3.X / 10 its easily a 5-6 / 10 and for lots of reasons the primary one being is that they've had so much action related to Sith and yet we haven't really gotten any true understanding of which Sith are working with who even with the big reveal. I didn't care for the early parts of the show because I think they were just fillers but as its started getting towards the end they've started narrowing down on things to keep you engaged and then the plot really comes together at the end even if i still dont care for the twins and honestly believe that Sol found a gold-mine that Darth P (its what im calling him) is going to try and exploit in S2. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/07/2024 at 13:13, OrangeKhrush said:

There is no way this series gets a second season,  Ahsoka got canned this series makes Ahsoka look like Emmy's material.    

It's the second most watched Star Wars show lol - I'm pretty sure all the idiots who review bombed it have actually ended up stoking the show's popularity. People knew the reviews were mostly bullshit, so they'd have to give the show a shot. And because it starts off with a bang and is actually a pretty good show in a basically untapped Star Wars setting... it's turned out to be quite a popular show.

Seems like most everyone who genuinely likes Star Wars also seem to genuinely like the show.

11 hours ago, nudge said:

Andor is only coming next year, I think :( The only one coming out this year is the Skeleton Crew, I think!

Anyway, some of my thoughts about the finale:

Reveal hidden contents

Darth Plagueis was obviously amazing, I thought they nailed the look and the horror there, him as a creepy Sith just lurking in the shadows! Really well done. What I am unsure of though, is which of the scenarios is true:
a) Darth Plagueis is the Sith master (Darth Tenebrous is not in the picture, or has been killed by Plagueis already), Qimir is his apprentice. Then there are more options here - Qimir might have been looking for an Acolyte with the knowledge of his master who is interested in the Force Dyad created from a vergence, or who even lend a helping hand to the Witches to create it, because it fits in with his search for eternal life. It could also be that Qimir has been looking for an Acolyte without his master knowing about it, and the latter getting suspicious and finding it out for himself.
b) Plagueis is still an apprentice of Tenebrous, but he also has Qimir as a secret apprentice of his own. 
c) Plagueis is still an apprentice of Tenebrous, Qimir is just a rogue dark force user. The Sith are keeping an eye on him and the twins. 
d) Plagueis is an apprentice of Darth Tenebrous, but so is Qimir. Plagueis found out about it, and is now secretly watching him. 
Either way, given later events, it is pretty clear that both Qimir and Osha are gonners, it's just a question of time. I still like the idea of them being the beginning of the Ren, and I think that's essentially where the story is going.

Seeing Kyber crystal bleed was really cool, think it is my favourite scene in the finale. Very well done. 

The Yoda scene in the end - glad they showed him, and I wonder what is he currently preoccupied with; seemed completely isolated from everything and everyone. I assume that Vernestra will tell him the truth about her former padawan turning to the dark side and being behind all the Jedi killings, and will ask his permission to go on a hunt for him and Osha.
The existence of the actual Sith is still hidden, as every Jedi who saw Qimir is now dead, with the exception of Vernestra, who covered it all up to save her own arse, but mostly to keep the Jedi council in power and keep the external control mechanisms away. I am repeating myself, but I really like how this show has changed the image of the Jedi and started showing their proper flaws and political manipulation that will lead to their own downfall. 

The show is not without flaws (pacing and certain dialogues being my main issue), but I enjoyed it quite a bit, hopefully there's Season 2. If not, maybe we'll get some new ones after a while that will tie into the story. 

They must of pushed it back, sure i read it was due out this summer but oh well. i'm waiting for season 2 of book of boba fett and more Mandalorian :coffee: hope they not just doing moves instead

Spoiler

The 2 seconds of Darth Plagueis was my favourite part of the whole show :4_joy: they nailed him 100%. interesting theories, it did look like he was spying on them, the possibility of Ohsa being the apprentice of an apprentice who's also an apprentice of a sith apprentice seems a bit wild :4_joy: ..that ship Qimir was using did look like what Darth Tenebrous has/had. maybe like you say he is already dead, will be interesting to see where it goes in season 2. i think Plagueis is just keeping an eye on Qimir rather than being his master and with Ohsa they go off to form the Knights of Ren like we was saying, that armour, the nods to Kylo Ren in that episode 2 weeks ago it has to be doesn't it? ..maybe Plagueis is looking for an apprentice now he's killed his master? so many possibilities 

The lightsabre scene was cool how the crystal changed colour as was seeing master Yoda at the end, i think he will have sensed a disturbance in the force with all the Jedi deaths and that's brought him out of isolation seeking answers, i wonder if Sol's force ghost has appeared to him :35_thinking: shame we got to wait a year for answers lol, bring on skeleton crew

• Upvote 1