talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(QF) England (p)1-1 Switzerland - Saturday 6th July, 2024

11 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

He also said if you can't win make sure you don't loose. 

‘It's better to go down with your own vision than with someone else's.’

‘Quality without results is pointless. Results without quality is boring’

You’re all resigned to accepting Southgate’s cowardice.

My problem with England isn’t the negative, boring, football terrorism they employ, it’s because like France they have the quality to play above and beyond that but choose not to.

19 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

He also said if you can't win make sure you don't loose. 

Sorry, but if you can't win with this squad it's definetively time to rethink your position the Premier League would be the best league in the world.

Just now, Spike said:

Your friend has a more difficult job coaching than the fucken England job. I don’t even know your friend but I know she is better than Southgate.

Also you don’t know that I’ve never coached, you just said you don’t know me.

OK fair enough maybe you have coached I don't know.  If she was better than Southgate then why don't the fa get someone to coach England from the youth set up and pay them a lot less? The reality is knowing something and teaching or coaching it is very different. And even with professional footballers there is a lot of coaching  and strategy involved. Even the best managers make strange decisions at times and select formations that everyone knows are wrong. That was what I couldn't understand. Why do they do this when everyone knows it's wrong? Surely if we all know elite managers know its wrong. She said its because even if you know something in should work better in theory. In practise there is coaching to do and problems that need to be worked out. 

Just now, Rucksackfranzose said:

Sorry, but if you can't win with this squad it's definetively time to rethink your position the Premier League would be the best league in the world.

Harry Kane - 30+ goals in one of the best attacking leagues in the world.

Jude Bellingham - the engine of the most demanding club in the world.

Bukayo Saka - star forward of an establishment club that demands attacking football 

Phil Foden - plays for Guardiola

That’s just a start. It’s unacceptable 

Just now, Gunnersaurus said:

OK fair enough maybe you have coached I don't know.  If she was better than Southgate then why don't the fa get someone to coach England from the youth set up and pay them a lot less? The reality is knowing something and teaching or coaching it is very different. And even with professional footballers there is a lot of coaching  and strategy involved. Even the best managers make strange decisions at times and select formations that everyone knows are wrong. That was what I couldn't understand. Why do they do this when everyone knows it's wrong? Surely if we all know elite managers know its wrong. She said its because even if you know something in should work better in theory. In practise there is coaching to do and problems that need to be worked out. 

Southgate played for England, is nice and bland enough to diffuse bad culture and controversy. It’s that simple, mate. He isn’t here because he is a 5D chess playing manger. Quite the opposite. I guarantee your mate has a harder job, with less support, fewer staff, less quality, and more work.

I hate Southgate’s tactics, I think he’s a coward and very lucky.

But if he wins something with this football terrorism, I’m okay with it.

We’ve had glorious failures before, they’re not that great. I’d happily take some ugly shameless winners.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hate Southgate’s tactics, I think he’s a coward and very lucky.

But if he wins something with this football terrorism, I’m okay with it.

We’ve had glorious failures before, they’re not that great. I’d happily take some ugly shameless winners.

Fuck that shit mate, don’t sell out for Simeoneisms. The home of football should be a standard setter, not a dinosaur.

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

‘It's better to go down with your own vision than with someone else's.’

‘Quality without results is pointless. Results without quality is boring’

You’re all resigned to accepting Southgate’s cowardice.

I wonder what mourinho would say. He won more than Cruyff 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Fuck that shit mate, don’t sell out for Simeoneisms. The home of football should be a standard setter, not a dinosaur.

It’s international football, it’s not high quality football to begin with. Club football’s where the quality is. International football’s just for nationalism.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I wonder what mourinho would say. He won more than Cruyff 

Mourinho!? The man diametrically opposed to your club Arsenal?

You’d think an Arsenal supporter would have learnt something from Wenger on the two decades he was coach.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

To be fair, the last time England set football standards was the invention of the WM system.:ph34r:

It’s international football, it’s not high quality football to begin with. Club football’s where the quality is. International football’s just for nationalism.

And England are showing their nationalism through cowardice. It’s embarrassing 

@Spike I don't think for a second that southgate is a tactical genius. His skill is getting the team to bond. But its been very difficult to do. Many have tried and not been able to do it. All I'm saying is its not just a case of picking a team in the way people think. Anyway mate we're probably not going to agree. So let's just forget about it and go back to calling @Devil-Dick Willie a cunt. We both agree on that 

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I disagree.

I don’t think many Portuguese or Greek people gave too much of a fuck when they shithoused their way to Euro wins.

England are perennial underperformed in international football. So ugly wins are welcome if they lead us to success.

I’d find Southgate to be a lot less irritating if he’d be willing to drop players that have been embarrassingly poor (Foden) for players that clearly fit this shit system better (Palmer). Or if he didn’t hate Trent.

3 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

What the hell makes you so sure England won't have to experience both?

What? We’re still in the tournament?

I’m not saying we’re going to win. But honestly it’s not like we’re the only underperforming big side. Weren’t France favourites? They’ve been worse than us and are in the same position as us but weirdly don’t get the same hostility to the dogshit football.

I don’t think many Portuguese or Greek people gave too much of a fuck when they shithoused their way to Euro wins.

England are perennial underperformed in international football. So ugly wins are welcome if they lead us to success.

I’d find Southgate to be a lot less irritating if he’d be willing to drop players that have been embarrassingly poor (Foden) for players that clearly fit this shit system better (Palmer). Or if he didn’t hate Trent.

Mate, I support Australia. A bottom tier club and we always get paired against top European clubs at the WC. France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, and every single time Australia goes out to win and we put these elite clubs on the back foot, and we lose. But I’d rather lose like that than win a WC with football terrorism. There is no point otherwise 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What? We’re still in the tournament?

I’m not saying we’re going to win. But honestly it’s not like we’re the only underperforming big side. Weren’t France favourites? They’ve been worse than us and are in the same position as us but weirdly don’t get the same hostility to the dogshit football.

Well according to British bookies England were top favorites before the tournament, oops! Also point me to a French fan, advocating their style of play the same way English forum members do England's,on this forum and they'll hear the same critizism as you do - probably even harsher.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Mate, I support Australia. A bottom tier club and we always get paired against top European clubs at the WC. France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, and every single time Australia goes out to win and we put these elite clubs on the back foot, and we lose. But I’d rather lose like that than win a WC with football terrorism. There is no point otherwise 

Think it’s a bit different when you’re being paid to win a trophy for a country that’s only ever won 1 a trophy but wants to always compete.

Most countries going to the World Cup just want to give their best, knowing that they’re likely getting bounced out of the tournament by the countries that have the long and rich football heritage.

But those other countries are going into these tournament wanting to win at all costs.

5 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well according to British bookies England were top favorites before the tournament, oops! Also point me to a French fan, advocating their style of play the same way English forum members do England's,on this forum and they'll hear the same critizism as you do - probably even harsher.

Look mate I’m not advocating the way we’re going to play.

Southgate was basically a failed club manager that got a second chance as the England U21 manager and after the many failures at England manager he’s been the best at getting results from England.

I think his tactics are at best abysmal and at worst totally fucking clueless. But at the same time this dogshit football is getting us further in the knockouts than we typically get in international football.

But it’s international football, it’s not the first time I’ve seen the most cowardly tactics work well or even lead to wins. So it’s not exactly new and I think some of the people who seem wound up by it are being a bit weird just because it’s England.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Think it’s a bit different when you’re being paid to win a trophy for a country that’s only ever won 1 a trophy but wants to always compete.

Most countries going to the World Cup just want to give their best, knowing that they’re likely getting bounced out of the tournament by the countries that have the long and rich football heritage.

But those other countries are going into these tournament wanting to win at all costs.

That's you contradicting your own post a on this very side, when you mentioned Greece and Portugal as an example for a teams not caring what style they were winning with,. Either you use these teams as a reference, but then your arguing you always want to compete is indeed arrogance, or you count England to the teams with long and rich heritage- but then you can't use these both teams, especially Greece, as an excuse.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

But I bet Pep could destroy nearly everyone with this England team 🤔 sack Southgate right now for me,let the players sort the tactics out, wouldn't be any worse 😂