talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joshua Zirkzee Joins Manchester United

• The title was changed to Joshua Zirkzee - Bologna to AC Milan
  • 4 weeks later...

Good squad player, tbe price isn't bad in today's world and he would improve the quality of the squad.  But I can't see him being a starter or the answer to our problems.

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Donny has gone to Girona for 500k with performance bonuses possibly taking it up to 4.5m or 10m if he plays like Johan Cryuff

Supposedly some of add ons are pretty easy.  It should reach 5m with just appearances this coming season and another £5m or £10m in adds that may or may never be reached.  There is also very high sell on clause.  They will never get their £35 back, but they could eventually get half of it back.  

6 hours ago, couscous said:

My son in law was fantastic at Ajax tbh. 

I know he was, I liked the transfer to United when it happened.  I don't know why he failed at United and hope he regains his Ajax form.

Man, non-elite clubs don't really stand a chance in contemporary football. 

Bologna had a great season, qualified for Champions League and their prize is losing their coach to Juventus and their best players, such as Callafiori and Zirkzee. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Bologna had a great season, qualified for Champions League and their prize is losing their coach to Juventus and their best players, such as Callafiori and Zirkzee. 

You've basically got to do the nearly impossible like Leicester or Leverkusen and have a truly legendary season to have a chance at keeping your side together and building up for something better. I'm not sure this is something necessarily new to football, but it does seem like the glass ceiling is getting harder and harder to break through.

If this transfer deal goes through with Zirkzee transferring from Bologna to Manchester United for £34 million, Bayern Munich are reported to be getting £17 million of that transfer fee. This is because Bayern hold a 50% sell on clause from when they sold Zirkzee to Bologna. Not a bad bit of business for Bayern if Zirkzee's transfer to Manchester United does go through.

Man Utd's first summer transfer to earn Bayern Munich £17m as clever clause emerges - Mirror Online

2 hours ago, El Profesor said:

if they are smart they can reinvest that in more players circa brighton

• The title was changed to Joshua Zirkzee Joins Manchester United