talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

International teams that you like

Are their international teams that you like apart from your own?

Unlike a lot of English football fans I do like the other British teams and like them to do well.

Croatia are a team I've always liked. I remember them doing well in 1998 which was my first international tournament. I like Iceland because they are massive over achievers. This is a bit of a strange one as I don't like them in other sports but I like to see Australia qualify for the world cup. We don't have a rivalry with Australia at football so I like them

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazil because of their pedigree

Netherlands because of their kit

Portugal because first international tournament I clearly remember is Euro 2004

Algeria because I respect their independence struggle

Japan because of their disciplined fans at WC

Senegal because of Mane and generally they are a decent team that play with intent

Scotland because I like the Scottish Highlands

Cameroon: because Italia 90 as explained more recently by Ian Wright fizzy pop TV advert.

Romania: because Gheorghe Hagi & it's seemed sad how far they have declined.

It does make me feel happy the more of Ireland's, Wales & Scotland make it to tournaments.

I do have a respect & appreciation for nations like Brazil, Argentina, Italy & Germany.

I can't think of a nation I actively dislike. I guess I do tend towards seeing a funny side to it whenever a big nation does badly. Especially the European ones, like Italy & Germany. Despite the respect mentioned above. I guess because it still feels to me that it they are off it, doors open for many others.

Other than Australia, I would go for England in a major tournament (like just recently).

Apart from that, no one really. I respect the likes of Japan etc, but couldn't support a country where I have no real link.

None. I don't know why but I just can't seem to get any interest in International football.

Might stem from a long history of Scotland being absolute dog shit but I barely even watch any other games. The final is the only full game I watched this Euros.

• Administrator

Brazil as they were the team to watch when growing up. Lots of flair and success - Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Carlos, Cafu, Juninho. Then the likes of Kaka & Adriano (thanks to PES as well) in 2006 to add. There was so much to like.