Westworld

football forum

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Another one??? didn't expect that

But of course! ^_^ According to the showrunners they have five seasons planned - if everything goes well and HBO keeps on renewing it of course.

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Tommy said:

:o 

This seriously looks like a completely different series altogether :o Right until the end when Dolores appears. I think it looks really good; the Blade Runner-like futuristic world with all the technology and robots and whatnot. Really excited to see which direction the show will take now - the trailer is surely not revealing much.

55 minutes ago, nudge said:

This seriously looks like a completely different series altogether :o Right until the end when Dolores appears. I think it looks really good; the Blade Runner-like futuristic world with all the technology and robots and whatnot. Really excited to see which direction the show will take now - the trailer is surely not revealing much.

I love Aaron Paul, so I'm biased, but I'm extremely excited about this as well. Is he a host? Is he human? Is this in the real world or a new future world within Westworld.. many questions and not many answers. HBO released it after Game of Thrones ended, to keep a few subscribers I guess xD

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I love Aaron Paul, so I'm biased, but I'm extremely excited about this as well. Is he a host? Is he human? Is this in the real world or a new future world within Westworld.. many questions and not many answers. HBO released it after Game of Thrones ended, to keep a few subscribers I guess xD

mu98kj7w0az21.png?width=359&auto=webp&s=190d95198be6468fb8e0c789d61eaddc15e5fe64

This made me feel like it's a sort of a list of "side quests" or scenarios in the Futureworld (or something similar) within the park... Could easily be a part of the modern real world as well though so yeah; it's all just guesses. 

Also love it how his monologue (his world view) is a direct anthitesis to original Dolores one in the beginning of the show.:

"Sometimes it seems like the world looks alright. Like they put a coat of paint on it. But inside it's rotted to pieces. They said they would make a better world. Smooth away the rough edges. But that was a lie."  vs. "Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world. The disarray. I choose to see the beauty. To believe there is an order to our days. A purpose."

I'm excited! :D 

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

I watched the trailer numerous times for more details; so much is going on and everything's so confusing again :7_sweat_smile:... Maeve in what seems to be ReichWorld - together with Hector? Bernard returning back to the Delos after being "brought back" by Dolores to recruit someone else to fight her (Maeve is my guess???). William looking like he's seen death (is it him or a host William?). Dolores keeps on using Charlotte Hale's body; still not sure who is in the Dolores body then. Aaron Paul's character befriending Dolores (?). And We'll Meet Again by Vera Lynn playing in the background :x

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I watched the trailer numerous times for more details; so much is going on and everything's so confusing again :7_sweat_smile:... Maeve in what seems to be ReichWorld - together with Hector? Bernard returning back to the Delos after being "brought back" by Dolores to recruit someone else to fight her (Maeve is my guess???). William looking like he's seen death (is it him or a host William?). Dolores keeps on using Charlotte Hale's body; still not sure who is in the Dolores body then. Aaron Paul's character befriending Dolores (?). And We'll Meet Again by Vera Lynn playing in the background :x

So much to look forward too.... :D

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's pretty cool... 

Yeah I love this kind of interactive marketing campaigns running parallel to the actual show... I have very fond memories of LOST "alternate reality game" which was the first marketing of such kind that I experienced and made use of e-mail messages, TV commercials, blogs and fake products and websites that were made to seem real and added a lot of additional info to the main story. Mr. Robot took it to a completely level and gave the fans of the show a lot to play with. Westworld creators have been doing it as well from the very beginning with all the websites they set up and all the little clues, hints and easter eggs that they hid in there... Sadly I don't have enough time to properly get into it as I did with LOST but it's still quite fun nevertheless...

New trailer looks awesome. Recognized Valencia right away. Didn't know they filmed there :) And was that Vincent Cassel towards the end? Can't wait. I was excited because Westworld, than I was even more excited because Aaron Paul, and now I'm super hyped. Maeve kicking Nazi-Ass will be a thing of beauty as well xD

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Such a good scene. Can't wait for the new season! 

It's time for a rewatch me thinks... This and The Expanse are the only current shows that I really care about.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

It's time for a rewatch me thinks... This and The Expanse are the only current shows that I really care about.

I definitely need a Westworld rewatch too. I loved it all and now out of all people, Aaron Paul is going to be in Season 3. Makes me so excited for the new season. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I definitely need a Westworld rewatch too. I loved it all and now out of all people, Aaron Paul is going to be in Season 3. Makes me so excited for the new season. 

I only care about Team Maeve :D 

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

No shit - small, off topic, comment, is that I met him down in New Orleans when I was there a few months ago. Their was a major liquor conference in town the same time as my buddy's bachelor's party, and I was just drinking at this bar, and heard his voice...look over...and there he is, drinking something clear, and very low key. Spoke to him, he's a fantastic guy, and I guess he owns a tequila or something. 

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Westworld

Archived