talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game - 2024/25

football forums

• Subscriber
On 19/09/2024 at 15:50, RandoEFC said:

Screenshot_20240919_154634_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a5770f5a6251bf09169ee96e5af193c6.jpg

£10 > £22.60

I expect Brighton and Aston Villa to dominate their respective games this weekend. I don't rate Wolves this season and I don't think Forest will manage a second spawny away win in a row. Tempting to go for Win instead of Win or Draw on both but my strategy at the moment is to keep the odds around Evens and win little and often so playing it safer. 

✅✅

Fucking hell Raya, you didn't waste enough time 🙄

On the bright side I tried to deposit £50 into bet365 to put this bet on for real but for some reason my deposit failed twice and then I gave up xD

Edited by ...Dan

• Subscriber
On 19/09/2024 at 04:38, Dan said:

image.thumb.png.b1e118eb3a68a25a4c47ca4f20774dfa.png

Honestly just the less said the better about this week. Better late than never? I doubt it. This was a bad week and nothing sums it up more than the only positive mover in the table being the one player who didn't play.

Luck out all over the place. @Smiley Culture stung despite a 2 goal lead after 6 minutes. @RandoEFC's pick against his own team flying in but the one in favour of his rivals team dying in front of us. Isak subbed at half time and Gordon totally anonymous for the most part. Strasbourg bottle it for @...Dan. @Stan not a million miles off on either pick but both ended up losing. Think the closest this week was actually the longest shot in @CaaC (John) who is at least on the board for having a winning selection, but his long shot of Ipswich falls just short. Think it's about the most infuriating thing in football betting when you back a long shot winner and they draw.

image.thumb.png.5799b6339637267ce1ebf623214c5597.png

Oh have I been waiting for this. But no, I really have. I've forgotten to update it again, which is pretty mad given what took place.

I'll work upwards this week. @Stan's double doesn't quite make it. Pretty self explanatory with the results but could definitely see the logic in backing a heavy win in the Eredivisie. @...Dan was on for a solid profit having picked a cracking winner in Belgium, but ended up blowing it by following it up with a Raya card in the Arsenal game - something I actually looked at backing myself at the time but left it because I wanted bigger odds. I think that was pretty unlucky to lose really given the way the game panned out.

Little story last season from betting on a goalkeeper to be carded was I had one when we played I think it was Rotherham at home. I had this run where I kept backing the opposition goalkeeper to be booked and we'd score within about 5 minutes meaning that the bet was likely to lose, but at least we scored. Against Rotherham, it happened again, yet he ends up bringing Vardy down for a penalty and gets booked anyway xD was the ultimate double win.

@CaaC (John) got what he paid for. Leeds win at a canter as expected. Portsmouth did lead at Burnley but ended up losing in injury time.

@RandoEFC with a good Premier League double but doesn't change position, he overtakes @Pyfish but is passed by somebody.

Yes I am pretty proud of that one. I normally think it's a bit risky to take draws, but I've been whinging for weeks about how we'd draw 1-1 with Everton so I thought I had to take it given the pretty juicy price. Juventus v Napoli just absolutely reeked of it for me. Two teams where I think both would be pretty content to just not lose the game. Very easy to say this now but I think if I had to predict scores for those two I'd have gone 1-1 and 0-0 - and a £10 double on that would've returned £560! But I'll take this win. My biggest by a mile on here. Forgot to back it for real though annoyingly.

First time I've been in profit in 51 weeks of playing this game. Here's to more!

• Subscriber

My first pick this week is Gabriel anytime tomorrow. Don't usually do goalscorers but think despite the fact he's scored in the last two weeks, which you would think will bring in his price, I think 6/1 is actually quite good. Arsenal will feast on corners tomorrow and I don't think we're savvy enough to handle it at all. I doubt that if you played the game 7 times he'd only score on one occasion.