talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game - 2024/25

football forums

• Subscriber
On 06/09/2024 at 20:16, Dan said:

First pick I'm taking Ireland v England, 2nd half to have the most goals. Usually reserve this market for tense games where both teams really need a win, but just think with the nature of how these two play each other. It's usually a dog shit game (Ireland are one of the only teams I think that are consistently duller than England) but I can see England eventually breaking them and beating them pretty soundly.

2.10 the price.

I'll do tenner. Potentially going to add a second if I find anything I like.

Surprise surprise - England Finland goes exactly how I expected Ireland England to.

• Subscriber
On 03/09/2024 at 01:00, Dan said:

image.thumb.png.0a36c33a3704573b81f61134b3e8b6ec.png

Updated table. Lots of movement with nobody retaining their place from last week - obviously @Pyfish has only just entered, and by coming straight in at 3rd despite a loss it's the good element of this game in that you can win the league without having to play throughout. Although he was ridiculously unlucky to not have a pretty good shot of doing this anyway after what panned out. The pick of the entire game so far in Haaland's hat-trick at 16/1, but let down in extremely unlucky circumstances by the shorter leg being bust due to Clarke only getting 10 minutes on the field. He did manage a shot, but it was off target according to SofaScore.

@Smiley Culture is the new leader after a 3rd win in 4 weeks. Bacon saved somewhat by Birmingham's late winner. As mentioned elsewhere, although the stakes are only £5, £10 and £20 I've made an exception here to allow a £15 stake due to the selections coming separately with £20 and £10 stakes so I thought that was the fairest solution. In truth though I wonder if there's a case to just allow any stake up to X amount but maybe something for others to think about.

@RandoEFC picks up a 2nd win in 3 as well but unluckily is knocked off the top. Very fine margins here. Leverkusen are finally beaten but they still managed to win a half of their game. Bayern won 2-0 with a goal in either half. Ideal really.

I'm back with a loss and as per every time I've picked an early game ready for another at the weekend I've been bust by it. Missing by the skin of my teeth too as Leicester scored a 4th from 25+ yards in injury time.

@CaaC (John) isn't having a good season so far with another pair of teams losing. @Stan's ever reliable Gateshead pick comes up trumps again but the double is blown by a goalless game in Northampton. @...Dan's £20 stakes are backfiring so far, with a third loss from three leaving him bottom of the table.

The September international break next - probably my least favourite weekend of the season. Way too early for a break and very little to bet on either. But I shall find an angle. And probably lose.

image.thumb.png.94fb4f1eafe04214ba75bb962a4a64a3.png

A notoriously tough week but honestly not a disaster if you look at the whole forum collectively here given it's the second highest scoring week yet. Or the second smallest loss, should I say.

Four wins out of five for @Smiley Culture, playing a low risk but accumulative win strategy but nearly flawlessly so far.

@RandoEFC is desperately unlucky this weekend I think. I think the value is generally with the unders in football due to peoples reluctance to back it but he was stung here by a surprise French collapse at home to Italy. He falls to a deficit of 10p which I think is the closest to zero anybody has ever been.

I'm back with another loss. I've covered my shitshow. @...Dan is on the board at last - saved by a very late Romania goal giving them a 3-1 win. @CaaC (John) is still yet to land a single selection let alone a double, really not his season so far, but I feel like one week for him it's just going to come together a bit due to his generally ambitious efforts.

@Stan picks a double of bet builders but is stung by the corners on both occasions (and the cards in Charlton Rotherham, which surprises me a little given the two managers) meaning he's now at the bottom of the table.

Back to normal next weekend. I really dislike the September international break. It's too soon after a tournament, it's too soon into the new season. Thank god they're getting rid.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Dan said:

@CaaC (John) is still yet to land a single selection let alone a double, really not his season so far, but I feel like one week for him it's just going to come together a bit due to his generally ambitious efforts.

I will get there in the end....I think ?  :shutup: :coffee:

• Subscriber

Sky have boosted Isak & Gordon shot on target to 2/1 from evens. I'll take this as a selection for a tenner. I'll potentially add a second afterwards. While you can't accumulate this on Sky itself, there's no reason you couldn't say take the £30 and back something else afterwards if it wins.