• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League 2024/25 - Gameweek 6 - 28-30th September, 2024

football forums

• Administrator

1200px-Premier_League_Logo.svg.png

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST) unless stated

Saturday 28th September, 2024
Newcastle vs Man City, 12.30 (live on TNT)

Arsenal vs Leicester
Brentford vs West Ham
Chelsea vs Brighton
Everton vs Crystal Palace
Nottm Forest vs Fulham

Wolves vs Liverpool, 17.30 (live on Sky)

Sunday 29th September, 2024
Ipswich vs Aston Villa, 14.00 (live on Sky)

Man Utd vs Tottenham, 16.30 (live on Sky)

Monday 30th September, 2024
Bournemouth vs Southampton

image.png

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Stan you predicted a 6.0 twatting didn't you?

I think we'll get a couple of late goals. Just got a feeling this game will be tougher than some people think 

yep, lubed up and ready to go.

It's gonna be a procession for you. Easiest game of your season.

We have no game plan, show a serious lack of endeavour when attacking, best players aren't being played and Cooper's in-game management is horrible in terms of subs too late or the wrong players being taken off. We start games slow because our players won't be 'ready'.

We just don't have much about us. At most we may have a 10-15 minute spell where we look like we could play like a professional team in the Premier League, but you should be winning this at an absolute canter and boosting your goal difference somewhat. I see no evidence as to why it may be tougher than first thought. 

Probably be about 3-0 or 4-0 at half-time, then you may take your foot off the gas before we're blowing out of our arses and you can bring on decent subs to score a couple more. 

Saka or Havertz or even one of the defenders triple-captain in FPL is worth a shot. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Stan said:

yep, lubed up and ready to go.

It's gonna be a procession for you. Easiest game of your season.

We have no game plan, show a serious lack of endeavour when attacking, best players aren't being played and Cooper's in-game management is horrible in terms of subs too late or the wrong players being taken off. We start games slow because our players won't be 'ready'.

We just don't have much about us. At most we may have a 10-15 minute spell where we look like we could play like a professional team in the Premier League, but you should be winning this at an absolute canter and boosting your goal difference somewhat. I see no evidence as to why it may be tougher than first thought. 

Probably be about 3-0 or 4-0 at half-time, then you may take your foot off the gas before we're blowing out of our arses and you can bring on decent subs to score a couple more. 

Saka or Havertz or even one of the defenders triple-captain in FPL is worth a shot. 

Honestly, I don't think this'll be quite the blitzing on the scoreline. I think we'll obviously be utterly shit, and obviously lose comfortably, but I bet we keep it down to 2/3. I wouldn't even put it past us to pinch a goal.

This is a free hit - the first of the season for me. I think people were wrong to consider the likes of Spurs and Villa at home free hits. I don't think our rivals will.

We'll do what is the norm for us now - we'll do nothing that's really positive but we'll do enough to convince the board that nothing needs to change. Hence why I'm adamant we'll scab a fluke draw against Bournemouth as well.

• Subscriber

We really need to be winning this. Palace will be thinking the same of course. Goodison should be refreshed and behind the team. Hopefully if we suffer a setback the whole team/stadium doesn't go instantly toxic. We've got enough about our current squad to stay in the league but you can't afford to get no wins from Bournemouth and Palace at home and Leicester away if you don't want to end up in a real scrap. Hopefully Dyche gets his head screwed on as well now that he isn't basically untouchable once the new owners come in.

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Lewis comes in for Rodri, no De Bruyne and Foden, Saviho, Doku on the bench. walker starts :( ..id take a point now 

What's up with Foden? 

@Stan @Dan We need a 4 goal win to go ahead of city so gives us some extra motivation today. Sorry boys 

Although in all seriousness I don't think we will be thinking like that. I think we will just want to get the win. I think I could be a hard game. I expect to win but not heavily 

Edited by Gunnersaurus

• Subscriber

I'd hoped for a better response following the takeover news this week than "there's not long left for us to break the record for the worst performance yet of the Moshiri era so let's go for it today lads".

Fucking shite. If we can't get a result here then surely the manager has to be on his last legs. We're not a good team but we shouldn't be only getting 1 point from six games when we've played Bournemouth, Leicester and Palace.

• Administrator

Heartbreaking to concede in stoppage time again. 

After fighting back against that Arsenal side, that hurts. 

And very disappointed for Hermansen. He had a superb game.