Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
Fairy In Boots

The Crown (Netflix)

Just started season 2 and again it’s top draw. Irrespective of the monarchy the thing that’s rapidly becoming most fascinating about this show is the dramatisation of British politics & politicians during the aftermath of WW2 and the dismantling of empire. Series 2 starts with the Suez Canal crisis and again it’s fascinating. 

Also Matt Smith & Clair Foy are brilliant in their roles

Also if you’re not going to talk about the show do fuck off here, start a thread in the politics section about the legitimacy of a monarchy. 

• Upvote 1

Loved the first season. Hoping to start season two next week. 

Need to start watching this. Looks quite intense. 

Starting season 2 this evening. As someone who isn't at all interested in the royal family I was amazed at how engaging this is. The bloke who played Churchill in Season 1 was brilliant.

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Starting season 2 this evening. As someone who isn't at all interested in the royal family I was amazed at how engaging this is. The bloke who played Churchill in Season 1 was brilliant.

The Mrs made me watch it initially and I got into it straightaway. I’m looking forward to later seasons with the various political events of the day. Blair & the Iraq War will be good as will the assassination of Mountbatten. 

Also ive irrationally grown to like Phillip based off this portrayal alone, in my time he’s been a doddering old man prone to the odd gaff, as a young man he seems a bit like Harry & William are today 

• Upvote 1

Up to episode 6. Superb.

On 10/12/2017 at 7:51 PM, Fairy In Boots said:

The Mrs made me watch it initially and I got into it straightaway. I’m looking forward to later seasons with the various political events of the day. Blair & the Iraq War will be good as will the assassination of Mountbatten. 

Also ive irrationally grown to like Phillip based off this portrayal alone, in my time he’s been a doddering old man prone to the odd gaff, as a young man he seems a bit like Harry & William are today 

I've never had an opinion either way on him for the same reasons you state but I definitely see what you mean here. Matt Smith makes a far better Phillip than a Doctor Who.

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Up to episode 6. Superb.

I've never had an opinion either way on him for the same reasons you state but I definitely see what you mean here. Matt Smith makes a far better Phillip than a Doctor Who.

We’ve done the first 4, the actress who plays Margret is brilliant also. However a bit of a spanner is in the works, I read they’re planning to switch Actors ever two seasons to help the time jumps, Olivia Colman will be Elizabeth in season 3-4 which I’m a bit bummed out about, Foy is a looker

Finished episode 3 last night, have to say as much as I liked season 1 I’m preferring season 2. Matt Smith has come alive this season. He is just immense in the role of Philip. Award worthy performance indeed.

Also. Jeremy Northam as Anthony Eden, he nailed that role. The general standard of acting has been off the chart.