talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup Semi-Final - Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal (1st Leg)

football forum

I would actually take Coutinho over Hazard too, but statistics mean fuck all. I think Coutinho has more about his game than Hazard not because he has a better outside the box shot ratio. That's a stupid thing to look at when judging a player.

I like you madlad, but you've had a mare here.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

Christ, I almost want Real to buy Hazard and make him their #10 just to prove my point xD

Both great players mate and there’s really not much in it. I just think Coutinho edges it because he has slightly more to his game and is more consistent. Hazard drifts in and out of seasons so much it’s criminal and you’ve said that yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I would actually take Coutinho over Hazard too, but statistics mean fuck all. I think Coutinho has more about his game than Hazard not because he has a better outside the box shot ratio. That's a stupid thing to look at when judging a player.

Of course they do But Madlad likes his stats.... 

16 minutes ago, Asura said:

I dont know why, you should ask @SirBalon 

I think Hazard is a better dribbler (the tight spaces aspect you mentioned) also believe he is a better passer, better in winning balls. Im not sure what you meant by versatility but I will give Coutinho the long range shooting, he is definitely better than hazard there

It’s all very subjective to be honest but I doubt any team would say no to either of them. I think both offer the same type of outcome or better said, they both try to deliver the same thing.  Both are creative and both have good vision. Hazard for me is better in the shorter quick passing game and Coutinho is a more tempered cultured player.  But both could offer top quality to any side in the world.

An argument as to who is better is just mental for me... I wouldn’t say no to either and would be happy with either too.

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

It wasn’t me who brought up the ‘outside the box’ thing though? I was just replying to someone who did?

All ive said is that I think Coutinho is the better all round player and you’ve agreed xD

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Of course they do But Madlad likes his stats.... 

Messi's stats this season are nearly equal to Salah. 

Stats don't have logic. Player judgement does though. We're not robots ffs.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Both great players mate and there’s really not much in it. I just think Coutinho edges it because he has slightly more to his game and is more consistent. Hazard drifts in and out of seasons so much it’s criminal and you’ve said that yourself. 

But you werent saying "coutinho edges" instead you said "he pisses all over him" earlier  :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I did until @carefreeluke mentioned that we rely on him more so than we should. So much so that when he is marked out of the game, there is no one in our side capable of influencing a game the way he can. Hence him getting that reputation. 

Hazard can't ever be under 100% because if he is, we are screwed. Like I said, he goes to Real and is playing alongside Isco, Asensio, Bale, Kroos, Modric vs Oscar, Willian, Drinkwater, etc, maybe you'll see what I'm saying. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don’t like yours cos they are devastating to my case :ph34r:

Forget stats mate... Watch football be honest and tell me what you think.  I care more about that than stats in football.  Someone just pointed out that Salah has similar stats to Messi this season and that tells you everything you need to know about statistics. This ain’t basketball or the NFL.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Forget stats mate... Watch football be honest and tell me what you think.  I care more about that than stats in football.  Someone just pointed out that Salah has similar stats to Messi this season and that tells you everything you need to know about statistics. This ain’t basketball or the NFL.

Telling him to forget Stats mate is like asking you to keep a reply down to one line per post... just ain't gonna happen.... xD

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It tells me Messi is the Argentinian  Salah :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It’s all very subjective to be honest but I doubt any team would say no to either of them. I think both offer the same type of outcome or better said, they both try to deliver the same thing.  Both are creative and both have good vision. Hazard for me is better in the shorter quick passing game and Coutinho is a more tempered cultured player.  But both could offer top quality to any side in the world.

An argument as to who is better is just mental for me... I wouldn’t say no to either and would be happy with either too.

Is this going to be the new Gerrard vs. Lampard debate?

Hope Barkely is fit enough to start over Cesc. Zappacosta over Moses for sure. 

Christ almighty, it's either one player or another that needs dropping. Haven't had a great 'team' performance since United at home. 

Courtois and our back 3 the only ones that can hold their head up high. Dave still undefeated wearing the armband. 

24 minutes ago, Asura said:

Truth be told I was very excited about Xhaka when he first joined, I read somewhere that he was a great midfielder in Germany who has the leader capabilities with aggression, I thought he would be solid in the middle like Vieira. Never rated chambers though, always looks a liability who cant be trusted at the back.

I saw him play a fair few times at Monchengladbach and he was excellent. I was excited to get him too. He was a tough, aggressive (maybe too aggressive to the point of being undisciplined) deep-lying playmaker. He's had some good performances for Arsenal, but just not consistently. He seems unfocused much of the time. Hopefully he can overcome it.

Just now, Cicero said:

Hope Barkely is fit enough to start over Cesc. Zappacosta over Moses for sure. 

Christ almighty, it's either one player or another that needs dropping. Haven't had a great 'team' performance since United at home. 

Sad to see you counting great performances against small teams/managers 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived