• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

NFL 2017

Recommended Posts

Get on this thread if you love all things 'Murican football. Those college kiddies will be making their way to the combines and the draft will be upon us before we know it. What will be the big talking points this season? Let us know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed by the Vikings last season.  After such a strong start to the season they couldn't keep up the momentum after the bye week.  Sam Bradford did much better than I'd expected, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Disappointed by the Vikings last season.  After such a strong start to the season they couldn't keep up the momentum after the bye week.  Sam Bradford did much better than I'd expected, though.

Teddy is back though, and hopefully he can get into the groove again. Rumours that Alshon Jeffrey might be signing for us as well. After being obliterated last year with injuries, hopefully we can be more stable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Teddy is back though, and hopefully he can get into the groove again. Rumours that Alshon Jeffrey might be signing for us as well. After being obliterated last year with injuries, hopefully we can be more stable.

AP potentially leaving another talking point.  Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jay said:

AP potentially leaving another talking point.  Thoughts?

Follow the money at his age. Regularly injured now and isn't AllDay anymore unfortunately. Cowboys are definitely off the list for him now as well with the emergence of Elliott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Follow the money at his age. Regularly injured now and isn't AllDay anymore unfortunately.

My thoughts exactly.  Time to give the younger ones a chance to emerge.  Was never really a fan of Asiata, though.  He'll get a couple of necessary yards on a tough down but he's not going to break out on a 60 yard touchdown run.

He has been the face of the franchise for a long, long time and will surely go to the Hall of Fame as a Viking but his time is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Teddy back? Last I heard he was likely to miss 2017 as well.

AP will go to a contender, Running Backs after 30 usually have a very rapid decline, we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Is Teddy back? Last I heard he was likely to miss 2017 as well.

It was rumoured that the injury could be career-ending but I'm obviously hoping for a recovery given his role in the team.  Would add some competition to Bradford in the QB1 role too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jay said:

It was rumoured that the injury could be career-ending but I'm obviously hoping for a recovery given his role in the team.  Would add some competition to Bradford in the QB1 role too.

Yeah, although for me, Teddy isn't a QB you win with unless you have the other pieces. He doesn't have the strongest arm and works best when the running game is in full flow. That's got to be a priority to sort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Storts said:

Yeah, although for me, Teddy isn't a QB you win with unless you have the other pieces. He doesn't have the strongest arm and works best when the running game is in full flow. That's got to be a priority to sort.

Very true.  Vikings will need to draft smartly this year too given that the first round pick was traded as part of the deal for Bradford.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dolphins are very much in limbo. Hopefully Stills does not get a big money contract, he's not worth it. We need to re-sign Kiko Alonso, and then pick up a few guards in FA. As far as my draft board goes, I'd take Taco Charlton as our first round pick, followed by Raquon McMillen in the 2nd, presuming both are on the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who wins more games: VIKINGS or MINN UTD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ATL said:

Who wins more games: VIKINGS or MINN UTD?

Vikings. Probably could in the MLS too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the matchday culture of NFL but I hate the sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Colts O-line woes end this year (that's my optimism anyways) I do think they're still going to have secondary problems, but I do believe there will be obvious signs of improvement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adrian Peterson leaves New England without a deal.  Next stop - New Orleans Saints...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jay said:

Adrian Peterson leaves New England without a deal.  Next stop - New Orleans Saints...

It's a pass first league, he'll struggle with various QB's like that. Can't see him at Saints either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

It's a pass first league, he'll struggle with various QB's like that. Can't see him at Saints either.

For that exact reason.  The only way he'll get a ring is by going to a team with a strong QB but in order for him to do that, he'll have to give up on his carries, his stats and even his importance.  Taking a pay cut and sticking with the Vikings might not have been that bad an option after all...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jay said:

For that exact reason.  The only way he'll get a ring is by going to a team with a strong QB but in order for him to do that, he'll have to give up on his carries, his stats and even his importance.  Taking a pay cut and sticking with the Vikings might not have been that bad an option after all...

Could be an option to wait and see who takes a young QB in the draft. That way, he can carry some of the load and the pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Could be an option to wait and see who takes a young QB in the draft. That way, he can carry some of the load and the pressure.

Very true.  Would be an interesting prospect for him.  I think the desire to win a ring will prove too much for him though.

Either way, I see him taking a pay cut.  He's not the same player he was a couple of years ago and teams won't rate him as highly as before.  He's still a dangerous player to have and will get a lot of tough yards.  It'll be weird seeing him play in another team's colours but, ultimately, it's for the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

If the Seahawks trade Sherman, it will go down as one of the dumbest trades ever. 

I think any team would be crazy to go for him given what they'd be asking for...

Apparently it was Sherman who asked for the trade, though.  Interesting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's just focus on whether or not he can stay healthy all season with whatever team he goes to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever since Aaron Rodgers said 'I'm not gay, I really, really like women' on radio I've been convinced he is in the closet. Seeing as he just got dumped by his Hollywood starlet and has been getting daily facials in Hollywood, I have to say I'm saddened that Aaron Rodgers just won't come out of the fucking closet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 14, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Spike said:

Ever since Aaron Rodgers said 'I'm not gay, I really, really like women' on radio I've been convinced he is in the closet. Seeing as he just got dumped by his Hollywood starlet and has been getting daily facials in Hollywood, I have to say I'm saddened that Aaron Rodgers just won't come out of the fucking closet!

For some reason this reminds me of the South Park episode where Mr. Garrison is heard in the background yelling "I'm not gaaaaay!" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2017 at 3:46 PM, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Aaron Hernandez found not guilty (double murder) Still serving a life sentence for a murder in 2013.

Looks like Lynch to the raiders is actually going to happen. 

Aaron Hernandez committed suicide this morning.

Unreal how upside down his life got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Not my place to judge, RIP hermano, he was a joy to see playing for the gators (cant believe i admitted to that) and for the patriots. 

Yeah - Suicide is never pleasant. All I know is that he obviously had some demons, so I just hope he's in a better place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With no Chargers in San Diego anymore, I'm doing what most of my friends here are doing. Any team playing the LA Chargers is our favourite team for the week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, brilliant news, Love JS and PC - never miss a trick. All this line needed was some interior Pass rush, they'd hope to get it with Malik before his injury, but this is even better. Can you imagine Avril Bennett Richardson and Clark on 3rd down, ridiculous. 

Thankful for Kearse's contributions because he has made some of the biggest catches in Seahawks history but it was time for him to go.

Think you're going to be disappointed by Lacy. Think he will be beaten out by Rawls and Carson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

San Diego no longer has a team. Therefore, fuck the Chargers - I'm a Raiders fan now, because the enemy of my enemy is my friend... and they're also probably the most popular team in San Diego now that the Chargers have fucked off.

I've got a fantasy (American) football draft tomorrow with a bunch of friends/co-workers. Auction draft, 12 people - I've spent most of my time at work today preparing for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:49 PM, Teso dos Bichos said:

the raiders have a great young team led by Carr, Mack and my boy Cooper.  The addition of Lynch makes them even more of a threat. i see them making the playoffs but dont see them getting past the divisional round. 

Still sounds better than anything the Chargers have done since I've moved here lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement