talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Happy Blue's Advent Calendar (Delayed)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I don't think this is a bad year either. I think English sides are as strong as they have been for a few years which makes cities lead even more impressive. Still not sure if they are the best premier league side ever but they are up there

Manchester City broke a number of passing records in their 1-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday. Pep Guardiola’s men dominated the reigning champions and became the first team since Opta began collecting records in 2003 to complete 900 passes in a Premier League match.

Guardiola's side had set the previous record at the Hawthorns back in October when they made 843 successful passes in the win over West Brom. That total was smashed as they completed no fewer than 902 passes in beating Chelsea at the Etihad Stadium.

With Guardiola's City also finding themselves fifth on that list having registered 825 successful passes in the 4-0 win over Bournemouth in December, the runaway Premier League leaders account for three of the competition's top five passing performances.

It would be travesty if this side didn't go on to win the Champions League given the season they've had.

Don't get me wrong, deserved win and by far the best team this season. However out of those 900 passes, at least 80% were in the middle of the park and the back four passing it around. Possession is good if a team sits back, don't see them doing it against a team that would actually give it a go.

Just now, Cannabis said:

Most passes were Otamendi and Laporte pinging it back and forth as Hazard strolled around.

Yeah i mean it's their style i accept it, however if teams press them their style of play falls apart. The fact no one did it this season is hardly City's fault.

19 hours ago, True Blue said:

Yeah i mean it's their style i accept it, however if teams press them their style of play falls apart. The fact no one did it this season is hardly City's fault.

Liverpool got the better of us for 10mins, it was enough to win the game   ...pressing us is not the best tactic with the speed we can break at

7 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Liverpool got the better of us for 10mins, it was enough to win the game   ...pressing us is not the best tactic with the speed we can break at

Pressing is the future of football when conservative men like Mourinho, SImeone, and Conte expire. 

Any team can be exposed with a pressing game. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Two more wins gives us 90pts = title won ^_^

lost to Utd at home in your title-winning season?

Pfft. Not fit enough to be near the trophy, let alone lift it.

:ph34r: 

Archived