talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

To be released on May 25th. This is a "must get" for me. Would prefer to have the stripes/details over the shoulders and arms but this is as classic as you can get, right up there with one of my all-time favourites the 2009-2010 jersey.

The thinner stripes harken back to an earlier Barca era. Classic as can be. (A contemporary take on a classic.)

barcelona-18-19-home-kit-2.jpg

g_messi_576x324.jpg?w=700

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/07/barcelona-18-19-home-kit.html

Edited by Paulo Dybala
  • Like 1

Just shows the vast difference between the two. 

Both had to change their game to achieve the same amount of goals as they usually do. Except Messi didn't resort to losing his overall footballing ability. 

Greatest ever. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Just shows the vast difference between the two. 

Both had to change their game to achieve the same amount of goals as they usually do. Except Messi didn't resort to losing his overall footballing ability. 

Greatest ever. 

It's interesting to see a heat map as when watching the games every week, it's something you notice in how he's literally everywhere on the pitch. You don't get players like that scoring a goal a game on top of that. It's just not normal.

It'll be interesting to see how he can lead this team now that Iniesta has gone to China and he's now going to be the main captain.

This is another reason I think Valverde needs to stay, as it's also about stability in continuing to have success. I do agree with you about becoming tired of his football due to him being more conservative, although at the same time, It didn't help matters with having a lack of options in terms of creativity and pace for a lot of the season. With Coutinho and Dembele in the side, this changes a lot in this regard and after winning a double, the winning mentality is there and he'll be hungry for more. Let's also not forget that he literally only got it wrong in one game all season, it was a big one against Roma, but still, it's not something that he can't put right next year. A few signings would go along way themselves and you can bet this board will be going all out for more star signings this summer.

Hopefully when Andre Gomes leaves(which is inevitable), Aleña will take his place rather than a new signing being brought in. I also don't get why someone such as Grimaldo isn't brought back to the club to replace Digne, who has done absolutely nothing since joining.

I don't think much of Paulinho either. He had a cracking first half of the season and brought something new to the team, although since then he has been absolutely gash. He's definitely not the type of player who will help you continuing to progress.

Denis Suarez is one I'd like to see stay. He's a very talented lad and if happy with not playing a regular first team role, he can be a very useful player. With this said, he needs to play quite a bit more than he has been.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Cicero said:

I intially noticed that Messi started to take on more responsibility (playing deeper than usual) the moment Xavi was out of the XI. 

He's had the impact on Barcelona that Di Stefano did on Real Madrid all those years ago and he doesn't look done. I don't think he will fuck off to Qatar as young as Xavi and Iniesta has suffered injuries throughout his career, which will have made his decision on leaving earlier than he probably should have. If Messi looks after himself, he can retire at Barcelona as a 38 year old and will still be a key player at that age.

This is just sad. Miss the days when there wasn't any of this corporate sponsorship nonsense. 

#eatlikeapro by #beko indeed! #hashtag #hashtag ad infinitum!

Back then, it was the other way around. Barca paid to have a worthwhile noble cause (UNICEF) emblazoned on kits. Going back further, there wasn't even that.

Classic. Pure. Just like the game itself should be.

Hope we'll see the real Barca (pun intended) this El Clasico, an ANGRY Barca, a HUNGRY Barca, a Barca that KNOWS they made a mistake at Roma, a tie they never ever should have lost (and wouldn't have if Valverde hadn't chased the "unbeaten liga season and copa" scenario).

Say what you want folks, but losing to Roma was very much a lost/missed opportunity on our part. It may very well have been the El Clasico Final UEFA itself has been trying to engineer all these years with a legitimate chance at the treble.

(Ironically enough Liverpool was the one team I wanted to avoid. I was confident we could handle everyone else. I mentioned this elsewhere in the forum and outside this forum).

You can be sure the Madrid players themselves want to mar Barca's unbeaten liga season. The El Clasico match itself is a mere formality to be played, but if the Barca players have any shred of dignity they will play lights out, give it their all, play with HONOUR (none of this saving yourself for the World Cup bullshit) and show the World who the real Champions are (pasillo or no pasillo).

Turn the Camp Nou into a true gladiatorial contest and coliseum worthy of Rome.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/05/eat-like-pro-barcelona-unveil-one-off-clasico-sponsor.htmleat-like-pro-barcelona-unveil-one-off-cl

Edited by Paulo Dybala
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Slowly but surely, barcelone continues to lose the core values that built their club.. Smh. .if it was another club doing what their doing and the club's president was Don Perez, cules all around the world would be raising he'll...

They've just finished winning the double (their 8th, a record) and winning La Liga undefeated. It's hard to argue this point.

Feels odd to see Eto'o in Mallorca colours.

One of my favourite Barca players of them all. The Luis Suarez of his generation. Or is  Luis Suarez be the Eto'o of the current generation?

Love how confrontational he always was with Madrid :D:D 

That's a nice brace right there.

The YouTube link is from another match where Mallorca won 4-0 over Madrid.

Edited by Paulo Dybala
  • Upvote 3

Maybe I'm asking too much of our beloved club, but as far as I'm concerned an unbeaten Liga season is the only acceptable outcome for the farce that was the exit to Roma. The only way Valverde can justify to himself and others why he managed the squad the way that he did.

It's not the fact that we lost mind, it's the manner in which we did. Only have ourselves to blame. As far I'm concerned this season's CL exit was (by far) the worst of them all. 

Barca plays Villareal at home today, away to Levante on the 13th and final match of the season at the Camp Nou vs Real Sociedad on May 20th. 

None of these teams have anything left to play for (Villareal has already more or less secured their Europa League spot). If Barca doesn't complete these 3 matches undefeated a lot of cules will be disappointed. 

How often do these opportunities come along? (Especially when these titles and ties were ours to lose?)

The same way an opportunity at a Treble this season comes along only once in a blue moon. To think that we squandered/missed such a golden opportunity. An El Clasico Champions League Final to boot!

Time to write your names in the history books, lads!
Edited by Paulo Dybala
  • Upvote 2

Regardless of whether Barca win La Liga again next season (I think they will) we do need to make the semis of the Champions League, at the very least. Going out again at the Quarter Final stage would indicate that FC Barcelona has the very best first-team players a club can have, but are horribly deficient when it comes to the bench/second-string. This is a significant problem the club needs to address this summer. 

There's a major drop-off in quality between the first team and second team, which may have been why Valverde didn't dare risk rotating players' playing time. In other words, it wasn't so much that he was going for the unbeaten la Liga record, it's that he knew that he had to play his first team players, because the second team just can't get the job done. He knew the limitations of his thin squad. He did the best with what he has, a paper-thin squad.

Proud of Barca this season, but there are serious problems with complacency, man-management/rotations and Messidependency that need to be addressed with signings that fit Barca. As great as Valverde has been in his first season, he would be the first to admit he didn't get things exactly right in his very first season in a club of Barca's caliber. He's simply never had to compete on all three fronts before. I fully expect better from him and our Barca next season. He'll use the lessons he's learned in his first season and implement them his sophomore season.

No one cares about unbeaten seasons. They care about trophies. Treble Treble coming right up sealed at the Wanda in Madrid in Madrid's face on Saturday June 1st 2019? 

Fuck beautiful football. Go all out for results and trophies. We want it all (Treble). Passionate lifelong hot-blooded Barca supporter right here is all I can say. 

• Upvote 1

On 09/05/2018 at 03:15, Paulo Dybala said:

Feels odd to see Eto'o in Mallorca colours.

One of my favourite Barca players of them all. The Luis Suarez of his generation. Or is  Luis Suarez be the Eto'o of the current generation?

Love how confrontational he always was with Madrid :D:D 

Wasn´t he the Barcelona player sang once "Madrid cabrón, saluda el campeón" ? 

Anyway...

xD

BUVZxg-IcAAs6t6.jpg:large

Edited by El_Loco
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Wasn´t he the Barcelona player sang once "Madrid cabrón, saluda el campeón" ? 

Anyway...

xD

BUVZxg-IcAAs6t6.jpg:large

Yes I'm well aware he was on Madrid's books mate. Dunno if he played any matches.

Sang it on several occasions I believe :D:D 

Good lad :):) 

Jumped ship for a bigger better club didn't he now? :):) 

Edited by Paulo Dybala
  • Upvote 2

Doesn't he look a right wanker in that Madrid strip? LOL!

Barca have MORE than proved ourselves in La Liga. Undisputed Domestic Champions of the Decade. We now need to show and prove in Europe. 

To say that we can't be as successful as Madrid are in Europe is laughable. 

It's a matter of priorities. Always has been.

Time to prioritize cup competitions :):)  I, for one, would love to win a few more cups while Messi's still playing. 

He may be our last chance at one/a few for a while :-/

Edited by Paulo Dybala
  • Upvote 1

That's why the Guardiola Era FC Barcelona Team of 2008-2009 is considered and revered as Football Immortals. Rightfully so. 

Results, trophies AND the most beautiful technically proficient football the world's ever seen. I can wax poetic/wax lyrical about that team all day long.

The single most impressive "Greatest Season in European Football History". Not even Barca 2011 and 2015 come close (if we're talking about the overall efficiency, effectiveness, quality and beauty of football played).

Edited by Paulo Dybala
  • Upvote 1