talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

8 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Getting past De Laurentiis is hard enough, convincing Insigne to leave Napoli is another obstacle. Waste of time despite the quality I'd say.

Insigne has threatened to leave on various occasions mate.  Infact even though along with Hamšík they're the two best players in the team, it's curious that Insigne being from Naples isn't exactly one of the Napoli fans' favourite players because they don't see commitment within him.  The general view between Neapolitans is that he will eventually leave.  Where to, who knows.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Insigne has threatened to leave on various occasions mate.  Infact even though along with Hamšík they're the two best players in the team, it's curious that Insigne being from Naples isn't exactly one of the Napoli fans' favourite players because they don't see commitment within him.  The general view between Neapolitans is that he will eventually leave.  Where to, who knows.

That may be true but honestly I can't see him leaving anywhere. Football is full or surprises as we've seen with some transfers this window, but besides Hamsik, he's the one I'd least expect to go.

If I'm not mistaken he's received offers from Milan and Juve yet he's still there.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

That may be true but honestly I can't see him leaving anywhere. Football is full or surprises as we've seen with some transfers this window, but besides Hamsik, he's the one I'd least expect to go.

If I'm not mistaken he's received offers from Milan and Juve yet he's still there.

He's still there because in the end ADL lowered his trousers mate.  Everyone knows this!

Insigne never backed down on his demands and De Laurentiis criticised him on several occasions in the media.  There was a point where it looked like he was going to leave and finally ADL gave Lorezno exactly what he wanted.

I'm not saying he will ever leave because I'm not a soothsayer.  But if anyone in that team is going to fall victim to a "big" club calling him, it's gonna be him.  Infact I see more loyalty in Koulibaly than Insigne.

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Charley Rexach (the guy who signed Messi on a serviette) was on the radio a few minutes back and he gave the answer as to why Barça are so adamant on signing Coutinho.  The technical staff see him as an interior left which is Iniesta's position and seeing as Iniesta needs to be rotated so much these days and have his games hand picked (those massive games), he says that's why they want him so badly.

The only other top quality interior left player (a unique position not many can play) I can think of is Hazard and that one is impossible and no point in even going for it because it would literally cost everything Barcelona have got for Neymar seeing as he's coming from the Premier League.

I'm thinking of others that could play that position and the only other one is Insigne (Napoli) and dealing with De Laurentiis must put anyone off so that one is also off the list.

Coutinho would be a signing in the right direction for that role in my opinion and it was obvious that he was a target before the talk of Neymar ever leaving, so I;'m not sure why the media are speaking about him being Neymar's replacement, when that isn't the case at all. With that said, he technically won't be "replacing" Iniesta either, as nobody will ever replace him, just like they won't replace Puyol or Xavi(or Messi when he hangs up his boots). As Alex Ferguson once said, you don't replace players of this ilk, you evolve and Coutinho would certainly help the team evolve for me. One negative is that he could be more consistent, although consistency can easily grow when playing around better players, with all due respects to Liverpool. The problem is the fee it will cost.

The defensive signings are as good as sorted now with Semedo and soon to be Martinez(let's also remember that Vidal will be like a new signing in the right back position), so it's just about buying a player to replace Neymar and one who can be bled into Iniesta's role.

I've also heard Munir and Marlon could be off to Leganes on loan. I think this would be a good move for all parties concerned, although I believe both could do a bit better than Leganes with all due respects to them and Las Palmas would be a better move at the moment.

@Asura

First of all, anything relating to what happened to the Neymar transfer from Barcelona to PSG I'm going to be posting it here from now on although for me it's a dead case now and I'd rather not talk about it anymore and just focus on the future.

But here's a response to the quotes you highlighted to me in rather big colourful letters...  I know I'm in my 40s, but I haven't gone blind yet! xD ;) (only joking mate)

Have you read or listened to Dani Alves' words on Neymar going to PSG yesterday?

Here's the quote:

"Neymar convinced me to join PSG as he said he was on his way"

How long ago did Alves sign for PSG and how many days before Neymar finally signed did he say he made up his mind?  Don't believe liars, don't fall for everything mate.

Alves could be lying of course.  He said it live on Spanish radio two nights ago.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170806/43368647435/alves-neymar-fichaje-psg.html

10 hours ago, SirBalon said:

@Asura

First of all, anything relating to what happened to the Neymar transfer from Barcelona to PSG I'm going to be posting it here from now on although for me it's a dead case now and I'd rather not talk about it anymore and just focus on the future.

But here's a response to the quotes you highlighted to me in rather big colourful letters...  I know I'm in my 40s, but I haven't gone blind yet! xD ;) (only joking mate)

Have you read or listened to Dani Alves' words on Neymar going to PSG yesterday?

Here's the quote:

"Neymar convinced me to join PSG as he said he was on his way"

How long ago did Alves sign for PSG and how many days before Neymar finally signed did he say he made up his mind?  Don't believe liars, don't fall for everything mate.

Alves could be lying of course.  He said it live on Spanish radio two nights ago.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170806/43368647435/alves-neymar-fichaje-psg.html

I havent used colours mate, just the font was big because I copied directly from ESPN FC website as it is.

Im not saying neymar didnt make up his mind or otherwise as I clearly dont know. All im saying is as per the quote I posted in the other thread, Neymar told Pique not to post that picture in twitter because he told him he is still not sure if he is staying (which means he didnt confirm he was staying in barcelona) but Pique posted that picture and made a clown out of himself and also I dont believe his teammates are completely put in dark, maybe he didnt confirm them that he is leaving but they definitely know that Neymar is considering an option to leave. 

Edited by Asura

12 minutes ago, Asura said:

I havent used colours mate, just the font was big because I copied directly from ESPN FC website as it is.

Im not saying neymar didnt make up his mind or otherwise as I clearly dont know. All im saying is as per the quote I posted in the other thread, Neymar told Pique not to post that picture in twitter because he told him he is still not sure if he is staying (which means he didnt confirm he was staying in barcelona) but Pique posted that picture and made a clown out of himself and also I dont believe his teammates are completely put in dark, maybe he didnt confirm them that he is leaving but they definitely know that Neymar is considering an option to leave. 

The teammates play for the club and they feel a duty for the club.  The reason some of the players fell out with him somewhat in the final few days (even though things seem to have been resolved in that respect) was that he kept the club in the dark and only thought about himself.

But beyond what the players may or may not have thought is something most Barcelona fans couldn't give a damn about.  Clubs are about the fans, not the players...  Players come and go, that's why!  The fans didn't like the way Neymar and his entourage conducted themselves and that's all that matters.  By the way...  I'm talking about Barcelona's real fans, not those mongaloids on social media because many people seem to forget that club actually do have proper fans that go every week to games and have been doing so most of their lives.

Edited by SirBalon

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The teammates play for the club and they feel a duty for the club.  The reason some of the players fell out with him somewhat in the final few days (even though things seem to have been resolved in that respect) was that he kept the club in the dark and only thought about himself.

But beyond what the players may or may not have thought is something most Barcelona fans couldn't give a damn about.  Clubs are about the fans, not the players...  Players come and go, that's why!  The fans didn't like the way Neymar and his entourage conducted themselves and that's all that matters.  By the way...  I'm talking about Barcelona's real fans because many people seem to forget that club actually do have proper fans that go every week to games and have been doing so most of their lives.

I got what you are saying, my argument is just that neymar really doesnt owe anything to barcelona or its fans, he did his job and moved on. He was not their academy product like messi on whom the club took a massive gamble with his growth deficiency. He was brought from Brasil amidst some money related controversies and he gave his best to the club. He didnt move to a direct rival like Real madrid and he didnt give any wrong statements in the press like he is staying and this club is his life etc before leaving, no reason for bracelona fans (the match going fans too) to hate him really. 

5 minutes ago, Asura said:

I got what you are saying, my argument is just that neymar really doesnt owe anything to barcelona or its fans, he did his job and moved on. He was not their academy product like messi on whom the club took a massive gamble with his growth deficiency. He was brought from Brasil amidst some money related controversies and he gave his best to the club. He didnt move to a direct rival like Real madrid and he didnt give any wrong statements in the press like he is staying and this club is his life etc before leaving, no reason for bracelona fans (the match going fans too) to hate him really. 

Using that argument, no player owes anything at all to any club and I can believe that this is the way things are these days.  But then again if a player doesn't owe anything to a club (which is an actual fact as he gets paid a wage for his services), the fans also don't owe the player anything and seeing as they are fans of the club, then the club is what means most to them and they manifest their opinion based on actions.  We are nobody to dispute what a general opinion is on a mass scale because the majority always wins in a case such as this.

Figo owed nothing to Barcelona!  He lied and moved on...  He was then judged by the fans and treated accordingly to their sentiments based on his actions.

That's the way football is for better or for worse.  It's different to every other sport.

Edited by SirBalon

15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Using that argument, no player owes anything at all to any club and I can believe that this is the way things are these days.  But then again if a player doesn't owe anything to a club (which is an actual fact as he gets paid a wage for his services), the fans also don't owe the player anything and seeing as they are fans of the club, then the club is what means most to them and they manifest their opinion based on actions.  We are nobody to dispute what a general opinion is on a mass scale because the majority always wins in a case such as this.

Figo owed nothing to Barcelona!  He lied and moved on...  He was then judged by the fans and treated accordingly to their sentiments based on his actions.

That's the way football is for better or for worse.  It's different to every other sport.

In a way yes, unless they are academy players or players who came in really young without any prior fame and made their name at that club, neymar was known all over even before he came to barcelona, agreed barca was a platform to make himself a bigger superstar but he was not a total unknown before. He wasnt from la masia for the fans go get mad at his departure and he conducted himself with decency the whole summer. Maybe he put some of his teammates in dark like you said, which we will never know for sure, but that has nothing to do with the fans as he never disrespected them as far as I can tell. 

Figo's case was different because like you said he lied and betrayed the fans, thats not the case with neymar. Had he made similar statements in the press and then left then I would understand the hate he is getting. Or if he was showing tantrums like Bale with Spurs who said he wont pariticipate in any further training sessions or pre season games inorder to move to Madrid. He did neither so I think the hate he is getting from some of you barcelona fans and sympathisers is not justified. 

I repeated the above multiple times in the other thread too already and there is nothing more for me to add. 

17 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

That's a very arrogant and elitist way of thinking about other sports.

Why is it elitist?  I'm not saying football is better!  I'm saying the social movement that surrounds and lives within football is completely different to any other sport.

The president was talking to "las peñas" and the basis of his words; "No player is bigger than the club, no player anywhere is bigger than any club" is correct. 

As for any reason Neymar may be butt hurt because people think Messi is the best player in the world, then that's his problem and if he has to leave because of that, then that paints an image of him and not the club. 

16 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

do you agree with barto, the best player EVER? 

Personally, no. For me Maradona is the greatest ever and I have my reasons for this. But many have Messi as the greatest of all time and it's difficult to dispute as it would be if someone said Di Stéfano, Pelé or Cruyff. It's all very subjective of they reason well.

What I'm saying though is that if Neymar departed to Ligue1 because he wants to be recognised as the best player of the moment or wants to be the out and out protagonist at a club, then like I said, he is sending out a message image wise that he leaves himself to be judged on.

Edited by SirBalon

7 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

not the same circumstances but its like leaving barcelona for napoli. what if neymar is successful with psg? 

The circumstances in football were completely different back then mate. Maradona didn't leave to be a protagonist either... He left because of an internal dispute at the club firstly and secondly because on the arrival of Terry Venables as coach, he stated he didn't want him and with that money brought in Gary Lineker and Mark Hughes. Hughes failed and Lineker was relatively successful at Barça, but Maradona was only just reaching his peak which turned out to be a stupid move. But like I said... There was massive turmoil at board level at the time.

But look at what Maradona turned Napoli into at the time. 

6 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

maybe neymar got fed up with Barcelona changing coaches so much and we both can agree that besides Tito and pep, emery is a far better coach than valverde, Luis, and atlanta fc coach (lol). i know you want to put this subject to rest but this is neymar's best move so far. not only psg will benefit but i think more high profile players will want to play in france. If lyon and marsielle improve, the league might be ahead of the boring and predictable la liga. 

The part about him maybe not being confident about the new coach I don't know and that hasn't been a hypothesis that has been discussed on any medium.  About Emery being better than Valverde, I'm not going to go into because it makes me feel like a child (you know...  That game about "my dad is better than your dad").

On the situation about me wanting to put anything to rest, not at all.  I am all up for discussing situations that arise and you may sometimes find I criticise my own because I don't think they're doing things correctly like for example the present Barça board or the Arsenal one too...  I criticise because I want the best for those I feel sentiments for.

And finally...  The bit about Ligue1 EVER being able to rise above La Liga is absurd.  I can't even take it as a joke or even further still, as a trolling scenario because it's retarded.  In over 100 years give or take of European leagues never before has the French league been anywhere near the Spanish league.  Even in their height of the 60s and 70s they've been nothing and you're trying to sell me that a whole institution is going to take over something that has always been there because a Brazilian footballer (not even the best Brazilian ever or in modern history) is going to make such an impact that A WHOLE league is going to overturn European football.  You're talking about the French league dominating European football in the future and maintaining it.  If that was a serious comment, you're mental and should get seen to.  If it's to stimulate me into throwing some sort of nutter job on the web, it's impossible because in this case there is no basis for anything like that to be possible.

You can't go on if's and buts in life because if that's acceptable for you then there are other leagues in Europe like the German league and the Dutch league that come way before the French league historically on the top end sides.

Neymar left because he wanted to be THE protagonist in the side he played for.  He isn't stupid enough for him to think that this is going to give him a substantial whack at the Ballon d'Or, but it will be enough for him to make a mark if they (PSG) have a serious run at the Champions League and not get knocked out like chickens in the middle end rounds (as per usual). But unless PSG win the Champions League with him being the main man, he will be invisible in that league.  It hasn't got the exposure no matter what anyone here tries to feed people.

It looks like Barça aren't going to sign Iñigo Martínez in the end.  They're apparently going to take a bet on Marlon from what's been published on Mundo Deportivo this evening.

This Barça board really are poor!  Iñigo Martínez was a personal quest from Ernesto Valverde (his only one).  Good start this!

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Don t be an arrogant fool Balon. Of course Ligue 1 can rise above La Liga. Even the tallest trees are cut down, if that isn't the case, then Serie A wouod be king.

I have no idea what you're talking about.  Serie 'A' has had its cycles as has the English leading division and the Spanish.  The french?  When!  Their best period was in the 60s with Stade de Reims and then in the 70s and early 80s with a few clubs reaching latter stages.  Marseille won it and then had it stripped because of dodgy stuff.  Facts aren't always arrogance.  Ligue1 would have to do a hell of a lot to dominate Europe and become a benchmark in European football...  Put it this way, their top scorer isn't even in the optimum average mark which is determined by strength of league...  Neymar isn't going to change that and if you like we can place a bet... hahaha...  Obviously you'll have to give me your address so as I'm sure you'll honour it and promise you won't move until the time limit is reached. xD:ph34r:

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.  Serie 'A' has had its cycles as has the English leading division and the Spanish.  The french?  When!  Their best period was in the 60s with Stade de Reims and then in the 70s and early 80s with a few clubs reaching latter stages.  Marseille won it and then had it stripped because of dodgy stuff.  Facts aren't always arrogance.  Ligue1 would have to do a hell of a lot to dominate Europe and become a benchmark in European football...  Put it this way, their top scorer isn't even in the optimum average mark which is determined by strength of league...  Neymar isn't going to change that and if you like we can place a bet... hahaha...  Obviously you'll have to give me your address so as I'm sure you'll honour it and promise you won't move until the time limit is reached. xD:ph34r:

I didn't say anything about Neymar. That is Teso's argument. Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it cannot in the future. Unless reality is predetermined there is no way to prove that Ligue 1 won't be the better division one day and to say otherwise is a rejection of causality. It is NOT a fact, it is conjecture extrapolated from the past.