talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Discussion

football forum

griezmann-planea-dejar-atletico-final-te

Le10Sport suggest Griezmann and Barça have agreed personal terms for July

According to French Sports media portal Le10Sport coupled with various other French and Spanish sports mediums, they are suggesting that both Antoine Griezmann and FC Barcelona have been in contact with each other to iron out personal terms for a supposed transfer from Atlético Madrid to the Barcelona based club next summer before the World Cup starts.

L'Équipe also states that both Atlético Madrid and FC Barcelona have spoken to each other before the talks began and that they've been negotiating since the summer of this year but that Atleti didn't want to let the French attacker go due to their transfer ban at that moment.  There are various European football clubs interested in signing Griezmann with comments also made by Antoine on international duty this past week on a question by a journalist about the possibility of joining up with the PSG attack made up of Neymar and Kylian Mbappé (with Cavani hypothetically departing for this to occur).

I personally don't believe Griezmann suits Barcelona at all myself. It's also a big worry in how utterly horrible he looks in every single big game he plays in. He lacks that something. He reminds me of Ozil and Cesc in this regard. There is just something missing!

Mbappe would be my choice if it was possible. He's got the potential to be a true great. He's one of those rare talents for me.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

14 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I personally don't believe Griezmann suits Barcelona at all myself. It's also a big worry in how utterly horrible he looks in every single big game he plays in. He lacks that something. He reminds me of Ozil and Cesc in this regard. There is just something missing!

Mbappe would be my choice if it was possible. He's got the potential to be a true great. He's one of those rare talents for me.

Think he'd strive at Barca. Could reach a new level. 2016 he's been a very important big game player, particularly in the CL. 

Atletico have been poor as of late, so can't fault his performances on his own. 

Teso...you do realise what Barca did for Messi and his family? Not to mention his unquestionable loyalty to them? 

What Barca did for Messi outweighs anything Messi has done for them. Absolute nonsense suggesting he would sign for another team in Europe. 

How many times has the debate on the Barcelona board been had popping up on all sorts of threads including this one (the one it belongs in) and no Barcelona fan has ever supported the present board (I know of none)...  So what's the point in go through the same debate again unless something new happens?

(going off topic for this particular thread) By the way...  Plenty of stuff regarding how crooked Florentino Pérez is with all his political persuasions has been going on and yet Teso has forgotten to keep us informed on that one.  Infact Florentino is going through the court system for 6 different counts of varying issues revolving greasing of politicians, tax evasion and weighing with political influences for monopolising tv rights.

I could've been posting this sort of crap for over a year and a half on the Real thread but to be honest, it's quite boring because corruption will always exist in countries like Spain.

3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

BARCELONA, Spain -- Once your queen has been taken, it's often only a matter of time before the king is toppled and the game is over. Agusti Benedito hopes it doesn't come to that, but he suggests, with the way the Barcelona board are managing the club, Lionel Messi following Neymar out of the Camp Nou is a very real threat. A threat that is adding support to the vote of no confidence he officially launched against president Josep Maria Bartomeu and his directors Friday.

This...  (didn't bother quoting the rest) is old news Teso!

This was before Benedito tried to get the signatures for a vote of censure which he would've gotten had he not gotten his dates wrong and under the club constitution lost almost a week's worth of voting and was left without enough time to get the 6,000 signatures to start the process.  His ineptitude robbed the Barcelona fans of a decent candidate for election...  But considering that ineptitude, one wonders now if he was really good enough anyhow.

Anyway...  It's old news, over 3 months old.

Just now, Teso dos Bichos said:

Yeah, old news but when will messi sign a new contract?? Come January, he can sign with anyone outside of Spain?

True, but while I believed the stories back then that Messi was holding out to sign so as to see if a vote of censure occurred, I've now kind of changed my mind for various reasons in relation to certain comments he's made recently (most recent five days ago through an Argentine tv interview) and other news relative to this.

I have no idea what's happening to be honest and the latest I know is that his previous deal (the one he was meant to have already signed) has apparently been revised to give him an Iniesta type deal for life.  How much of this is true I don't know because in recent months after the fiasco of the summer, there's no proper factual news being leaked from the Camp Nou.  They've done something to dig out the moles it seems and the only things that are released seem to be stuff the club is doing on purpose and making it look like leaked news.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Machado said:

:35_thinking:

I can believe this one although with things like these I prefer the youth players to be given the chance first. Eriksen is a fine player... But for me too similar to Rakitić. 

2 hours ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

Nie vergessen Barca's 118th Birthday tomorrow November 29th please folks!!

I don't understand? O.o

7 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Whenever Teso says something regarding Barcelona, the complete opposite happens within a week later. Keep it coming mate!

You are only noticing that? His prediction ratio is appalling. The Morata>>>>Lukaku incident will be a TF365 historic moment.  

Like I said, he could have his own thread. 

Confirmed: Samuel Umtiti out for 8 weeks (two months) with a hamstring tear on his right leg. Massive blow for Barcelona and he will be sorely missed... This is where the reality starts because I said at the start of the season that Barcelona's first XI could compete with anyone but that the squad was light on top notch quality. Now is where we start to see what the team is made of.

Umtiti definitely misses El Clásico.

This is where buying Martinez in the summer comes in.....

There wasn't enough work done on the defence in the summer. Varmaelen is awful(and will get injured very soon, he doesn't last longer than about 2 weeks fully fit), so that now means a make-shift defence and that's not good news as the defence has been the strongest point in the team this season.

A 4th(well 3rd) defender was needed more than anything. Yesterday I believe both goals conceded were sloppy to give away, as was the Valencia goal last week(which was Varmaelen' fault), although over the course of the season, the defence has largely been solid, and that's mainly down to Umtiti. 

On another note, the sooner Dembele is back, the better. The team from an attacking perspective need to be doing more. I suppose yesterday that wasn't the case as they did score 2 brilliant goals and also another which was clearly onside(it would have been a nice finish from Suarez, and excellent assist by Messi for the record), although there were also a lot of chances missed. Yesterday should really have been a win and if Valencia win today, then it will be down to 2 points difference going into next weekend where Barcelona play Villarreal away while Valencia entertain Celta at home.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

This is where buying Martinez in the summer comes in.....

There wasn't enough work done on the defence in the summer. Varmaelen is awful(and will get injured very soon, he doesn't last longer than about 2 weeks fully fit), so that now means a make-shift defence and that's not good news as the defence has been the strongest point in the team this season.

A 4th(well 3rd) defender was needed more than anything. Yesterday I believe both goals conceded were sloppy to give away, as was the Valencia goal last week(which was Varmaelen' fault), although over the course of the season, the defence has largely been solid, and that's mainly down to Umtiti. 

On another note, the sooner Dembele is back, the better. The team from an attacking perspective need to be doing more. I suppose yesterday that wasn't the case as they did score 2 brilliant goals and also another which was clearly onside(it would have been a nice finish from Suarez, and excellent assist by Messi for the record), although there were also a lot of chances missed. Yesterday should really have been a win and if Valencia win today, then it will be down to 2 points difference going into next weekend where Barcelona play Villarreal away while Valencia entertain Celta at home.

Agree with you 100% mate. 

I really wanted Iñigo because he’s a top grade central defender and would’ve pushed the quality of the defence to maximum levels. We still have Mascherano who’s no mug in defence and Barça have won a few Champions Leagues like that mate. Although I think he’s also injured at the moment... :dam:

Barcelona have played (for me) their best two games of the season against both Valencia and Celta and curiously they’ve both been draws, plus the refereeing standards in both games where disallowed goals are in question could’ve put a different shine on the whole picture. But I suppose that’s a part of football when your authorities have refused to take on the technology available that other top leagues are using.

There’s also the hectic Copa del Rey ties that traditionally come up during this period now and soon if Barça progress, they’ll be playing high profile games in that. 

Yeah I think some of the football in the last 2 games has been brilliant, yet both games have ended in draws. The team were winning but not playing at their best before that. I do think the best is to come and Valverde has been able to rest and rotate the majority of is squad this season as to prevent fatigue going into Christmas. Dembele especially could make a big difference as I believe that his type of player is lacking.

When is Masch back? As he would be very important now that Umtiti is out as Varmaelen isn't good enough and there are zero options after that. There has been talk of Mascherano going to China but I personally believe keeping him until the end of the season would make more sense, even if another defender is purchased in January as strength in depth is important.

25 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Yeah I think some of the football in the last 2 games has been brilliant, yet both games have ended in draws. The team were winning but not playing at their best before that. I do think the best is to come and Valverde has been able to rest and rotate the majority of is squad this season as to prevent fatigue going into Christmas. Dembele especially could make a big difference as I believe that his type of player is lacking.

When is Masch back? As he would be very important now that Umtiti is out as Varmaelen isn't good enough and there are zero options after that. There has been talk of Mascherano going to China but I personally believe keeping him until the end of the season would make more sense, even if another defender is purchased in January as strength in depth is important.

I think Masch is still two weeks away from returning minimum mate. He is meant to be almost ready for El Clásico from what I’ve read. As for him leaving in the January window, I’ve heard various contradicting stories and the one that matters to Barça fans the most will be his own words which continue to be the same ones in that he will continue to play for Barça as long as the club need him.

Valverde has implemented various ideals from his time at Athletic in defensive qualities and also the fact he expects 100% from his players... Also part of the reasons for Barcelona being better defensively have to do with Neymar’s departure and Dembélé’s injury because the formation suits a more conventional style without that three up front. It even suits Mess’s scoring capabilities because he doesn’t have to drift so much onto the left and can roam around further up. Infact the loss of the third man up front has only been detrimental to Suárez because rival defences have only him to look out for which is why he drifts to the left a lot. Luis Suárez’ workrate continues to be at maximum levels but he doesn’t have the space to take advantage of like with three players playing in attack. Those are the pros and cons of all this. 

10 minutes ago, 11Neymar Ousmane Dembélé11 said:

Now this is gorgeous. Classic Barca. Check out the 2018-2019 jersey. The website is very accurate.

Not even black shorts can detract from the jersey. Shame about the shoulders and arms though!!

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/07/barcelona-18-19-home-kit.html

barcelona-18-19-home-kit-2.jpg

There are two kits being rumoured to be the official one for next season mate. Check the “new season, new kit” Thread here at TF365. ;)