• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Copa América 2019 - Brazil

football forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brazil has many stadiums built/rebuilt for the World Cup, including many that have been vastly under utilised ever since.

They host the Copa America next year and decide to only use five venues... 

Hard to see any team beating brazil in brazil. Maybe Uruguay but i think brazil will win it. Might get premier sports for a month so i can watch it

Sorry for my ignorance, but why was Japan invited? I guess I get Qatar's invitation since they are the next hosts of the World Cup, but having never really followed this tournament before, why wouldn't they just get Mexico (again), and the States? Seems like that would boost viewership over Qatar and Japan, not to mention more of a fierce competition. 

Just now, Eco said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but why was Japan invited? I guess I get Qatar's invitation since they are the next hosts of the World Cup, but having never really followed this tournament before, why wouldn't they just get Mexico (again), and the States? Seems like that would boost viewership over Qatar and Japan, not to mention more of a fierce competition. 

Because they're retarded and money-grabbing whores.

Cool - yeah that is what it sounds like. 

I'll watch it as I get Telemundo which is what it'll be broadcasted on here in the States. I guess I'll cheer for either Brazil for Chile to win it. Maybe even Paraguay or Venezula as I would assume Miggy and Josef will both start for their respective teams. 

14 hours ago, Eco said:

The States were in it last time, so I'm surprised you aren't again since it makes sense to invite North Americans.

In fact, you got to the semi final before being hammered off Argentina. This is probably one of the most perfect free-kicks I've seen while on the subject of that match, immense:-

It's also strange how Mexico aren't in it this time. They are made for this. They should be playing in every edition and with their strongest team. Yes they are geographically North American, but have far more cultural similarities to South Americans.

3 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

The States were in it last time, so I'm surprised you aren't again since it makes sense to invite North Americans.

In fact, you got to the semi final before being hammered off Argentina. This is probably one of the most perfect free-kicks I've seen while on the subject of that match, immense:-

It's also strange how Mexico aren't in it this time. They are made for this. They should be playing in every edition and with their strongest team. Yes they are geographically North American, but have far more cultural similarities to South Americans.

I vaguely remember this. I don't watch a ton of USA MNT though. 

Still, this with Mexico and USA instead of Japan and Qatar would be much more exciting to watch. 

Archived