talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B Matchday 2 - 20 June - Portugal 1-0 Morocco, Iran 0-1 Spain

football forum

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

How true exactly is the rumour that back in 2011 (before the Copa Del Rey Final) Pique shouted to one of Arbeloa, Ramos, or Alonso "Watch us win your king's cup"? 

Alonso's Basque and his dad played for Barca, doubt he'd give a fuck.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

How true exactly is the rumour that back in 2011 (before the Copa Del Rey Final) Pique shouted to one of Arbeloa, Ramos, or Alonso "Watch us win your king's cup"? 

Arbeloa. He can’t stand Arbeloa... Actually nobody likes Arbeloa, probably even Arbeloa’s mum doesn’t like Arbeloa. 

Yes he shouted that in the tunnel and the story that came out from that was that Piqué was allegedly trying to coax him into doing something.

Curiously after that game Del Bosque (who is also from Salamanca like Arbeloa is) never called Arbeloa up for the Spain national side again which probably tells us something. 

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Curiously after that game Del Bosque (who is also from Salamanca like Arbeloa is) never called Arbeloa up for the Spain national side again which probably tells us something. 

He was their starting RB at Euro 2012? xD

23 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I actually got my dates wrong on when Del Bosque ousted Arbeloa from the national side. He finally did this in 2014... This after various spats in the dressing room with various Spain teammates but overall the war he had with Piqué, someone that Del Bosque has always defended with heart and soul.... For many in the media too much!

But what I was saying including the article I linked you, Arbeloa had a war going on with Gerard Piqué and it started on that date you cited where he aimed that remark at. To be honest, Piqué has said plenty of controversial things during his career and that’s just one of dozens.

Whereas the pure defender of Spain Arbeloa who once said to a journalist; “I don’t watch Spain games. It’s not something that does anything to me” and then accuses Piqué of being a seperatist, something Piqué has denied being and he’s not one to mince his words... To end this post... Piqué continues to defend Spain’s colours and like everyone that’s played with him has said in the Spain national team including his ex-boss Del Bosque... Very few have shown as much commitment to Spain as Gerard Piqué has.

Like I said and like I started this. The Piqué versus Ramos issue is a media thing like so many others in other walks of life. It sells and they both play for deadly rivals. 

https://m.libertaddigital.com/blogs/penultimo-raulista-vivo/la-mirada-sucia-de-del-bosque-con-arbeloa-13988/

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Arbeloa. He can’t stand Arbeloa... Actually nobody likes Arbeloa, probably even Arbeloa’s mum doesn’t like Arbeloa. 

Yes he shouted that in the tunnel and the story that came out from that was that Piqué was allegedly trying to coax him into doing something.

53 minutes ago, Cicero said:

:bartrapique:

Archived