• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B Matchday 2 - 20 June - Portugal 1-0 Morocco, Iran 0-1 Spain

football forum

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wish they played like this the whole time instead of waiting to go a goal down.

I think Spain decided to bunker down a bit, hence why Iran get more attacks. Give Spain a ton of space and Iran would've been punished earlier. 

Spain when they have the ball are very difficult to disposses. They are so perfect with their passing its scary.

• Subscriber

Hard luck Iran. I hope when their current coach disappears into the sunset that they get someone who likes to play expansive, fast-paced football because they've shown today that they can do that.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

hahahaha did that Iran player just do that?! 

Somersault then bottled actually throwing it xD 

xD

I loved the seriousness in his eyes, as he sent a quick prayer up, kisses the ball, runs, somersaults, and then stops, collects himself, and throws it backwards. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Why are the Iran players so upset? They are very capable of giving Portugal a game and finishing 2nd. 

Probably due to the emotions of thinking they had scored only to have VAR disallow it. 

Gutted for Iran - but they still have one match to prove themselves. I doubt Quieroz will just attempt to sit back against Portugal and I think it will be a bit more intriguing. More fun for Cristiano Ronaldo I think.

26 minutes ago, Blue said:

It wasn't that blatant to me. If Cunha saw it on first glance, fair enough. 

VAR needs to be very strict on goals, otherwise there will be no emotion in football. its not all about being perfect with calls. 

I think its been doing a fine job in this world cup, but theres no need for goals being called unless its something like a handball.

The assistant ref had called offside before the VAR...

Also a hand.

Just now, Kowabunga said:

The assistant ref had called offside before the VAR...

Yep, I noticed that and then thought that its fine. Didn't see it at first.

Well that was heart attack stuff.

Until Spain scored with that pinball goal from Diego Costa, that was the perfect demonstration for President Trump that the US-Mexican border doesn’t have to be made out of bricks or steel. Just contract the Iran football team along with their coach Carlos Queiroz... What an awful awful way to play the game.  But that’s football too.

Not going to add any adjectives to the Iranian goalkeeper so I’ll let @Eco do ot himself as he’s good at coming out with ridiculous reasons to hate the players he does (minus Ramos, that’s allowed), so I’ll give him centre stage on being just in this case.

Anyway... Spain decided to play counter which is why Koke was brought on for Iniesta after the goal and I thought that was a massive error because that’s not the way Spain feels comfortable.

Very important victory and a just victory too. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Why are the Iran players so upset? They are very capable of giving Portugal a game and finishing 2nd. 

Iranians in general are depressed people, just like Japanese who take work too serious Persians rooting from their old Empire think highly of themselves and anything below a doctor,lawyer or engineer is considerd :92_thumbsdown:

9 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

I skipped the game expecting it to be like Spain's game vs Italy, Spain having 70% of possesion and than getting one goal after wasting so many chances and it looks like it was like that

Was a much better game than that.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Not going to add any adjectives to the Iranian goalkeeper so I’ll let @Eco do ot himself as he’s good at coming out with ridiculous reasons to hate the players he does (minus Ramos, that’s allowed), so I’ll give him centre stage on being just in this case.

xD Sorry mate, the majority of the players on this team are ones I'm just not fond of. Doesn't help that I don't like Barca or Real and that is more than half of the Spanish NT it seems. 

Nice to see Diego Costa doing well for Spain. I don´t get why he´s so hated here in Brazil. It was Scolari and not him that closed that door.

Not to mention the fact some brazilians who live in England and have contact with the brazilian players that play in London say he´s the nicest, totally different off the pitch, very nice, generous and humble person. If I´m not wrong @SirBalon also know stories about him in the same direction. 

2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Nice to see Diego Costa doing well for Spain. I don´t get why he´s so hated here in Brazil. It was Scolari and not him that closed that door.

Seems that always happens now xD

Diego Costa first, and then Jorginho!

Lets not forget Luiz Junior for Qatar either :ph34r:

33 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

Not to mention the fact some brazilians who live in England and have contact with the brazilian players that play in London say he´s the nicest, totally different off the pitch, very nice, generous and humble person. If I´m not wrong @SirBalon also know stories about him in the same direction. 

People that don’t read into the other side of things won’t know this mate. I’ve listened to so many anecdotes on him as a person and interviews he’s held on Spanish radio and tv. He is genuinely one of the nicest people in the The footballing business and I know that may be difficult for many to believe. 

• The title was changed to Group B Matchday 2 - 20 June - Portugal 1-0 Morocco, Iran 0-1 Spain
11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Well that was heart attack stuff.

Until Spain scored with that pinball goal from Diego Costa, that was the perfect demonstration for President Trump that the US-Mexican border doesn’t have to be made out of bricks or steel. Just contract the Iran football team along with their coach Carlos Queiroz... What an awful awful way to play the game.  But that’s football too.

Anyway... Spain decided to play counter which is why Koke was brought on for Iniesta after the goal and I thought that was a massive error because that’s not the way Spain feels comfortable.

Very important victory and a just victory too. 

Awful way ?

• The topic was unpinned
16 minutes ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Awful way ?

Ugly, boring, negative, nauseating, distasteful, loathsome, repugnant, grim, repellent

Could come out with more but my favourite of all the ones I could think of is repellent because it describes the sensation it creates and also funnily enough is the practical side of what is observed when a team plays in that fashion.

What makes it even worse is that it’s also cowardly in this case because Iran know how to play. 

Archived