The better place to talk football.

Trivia Thread

football forum

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Switzerland?

Nope.

10 minutes ago, Azeem said:

As someone who is interested in flags Nordic cross is the oldest of all the symbols of flags still in use and that's where all the cross flags come from.

Norway

That may be the oldest symbol, but according to Guinness World Records, that's not the country that has continuous usage of its flag. There have been different variations of Norway's flag (different shape etc).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
24 minutes ago, nudge said:

ISS is actually brighter than Venus if we include all objects in the night sky and not only the natural ones :D But it also depends on the conditions and location of the viewer as the brightness of both is not a constant... Good question though; astronomy is cool.

What is the oldest food found by the archaeologists that was still edible when it was discovered? 

Chocolate.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

How many glasses of milk can a cow produce in it's lifetime??? 

Interesting question; I'll try to do my calculations based on what I know from spending a lot of my childhood in rural countryside and from a friend who has had a quite big cattle business for years to see how close I get to the correct answer hehe. 

First insemination happens when a cow is around 3 years old, then it gives birth to a calf about once a year and the process is repeated about 5-6 times. So let's say a cow is pregnant/nursing (and thus producing milk) for about 6 years continuously with lactation period being around 300 days. Depending on various factors, a good productive cow produces between 15 to 30 liters of milk daily (probably double that in modern dairy industry but that's just sick and the cow is completely ruined after a year or two so fuck it). 6 years x 300 days x 30 liters = 54000 liters of milk during a regular cow's lifetime in a small farm. A standard glass is 240ml. So 54000 liters / 240ml = 225000 glasses of milk in a cow's lifetime.

How close or far off am I? :D 

23 minutes ago, nudge said:

Interesting question; I'll try to do my calculations based on what I know from spending a lot of my childhood in rural countryside and from a friend who has had a quite big cattle business for years to see how close I get to the correct answer hehe. 

First insemination happens when a cow is around 3 years old, then it gives birth to a calf about once a year and the process is repeated about 5-6 times. So let's say a cow is pregnant/nursing (and thus producing milk) for about 6 years continuously with lactation period being around 300 days. Depending on various factors, a good productive cow produces between 15 to 30 liters of milk daily (probably double that in modern dairy industry but that's just sick and the cow is completely ruined after a year or two so fuck it). 6 years x 300 days x 30 liters = 54000 liters of milk during a regular cow's lifetime in a small farm. A standard glass is 240ml. So 54000 liters / 240ml = 225000 glasses of milk in a cow's lifetime.

How close or far off am I? :D 

Close enough... well worked out Nudge :D

I have roughly 200,000 but no point in crying over spilt milk is there.. B|

Nicely played... can't believe you were a farm girl.. :farmer:

4 hours ago, Stan said:

How big is the glass :ph34r:

Big enough to hold in your hand... 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Close enough... well worked out Nudge :D

I have roughly 200,000 but no point in crying over spilt milk is there.. B|

Nicely played... can't believe you were a farm girl.. :farmer:

Nice to see I came close with my rough estimates ^_^

Haha I don't think farm life would suit my curious nature that well in a long term but living off the land, growing your own food and producing all other basic necessities for yourself, selling the excess to local shops and bartering for stuff you don't produce yourself definitely appeals to me; definitely more than living in a big city does. It's a lot of hard work and it's not an easy life by any means but I used to do pretty much all the farm work there is when I spent summers on my grandma's farm so I reckon I would survive if need be :D 

Next question:

What is the only word in the English language to contain three sets of consecutive double letters?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Nice to see I came close with my rough estimates ^_^

Haha I don't think farm life would suit my curious nature that well in a long term but living off the land, growing your own food and producing all other basic necessities for yourself, selling the excess to local shops and bartering for stuff you don't produce yourself definitely appeals to me; definitely more than living in a big city does. It's a lot of hard work and it's not an easy life by any means but I used to do pretty much all the farm work there is when I spent summers on my grandma's farm so I reckon I would survive if need be :D 

Next question:

What is the only word in the English language to contain three sets of consecutive double letters?

woolly

double-u, double o, double l 

:ph34r:

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived