The better place to talk football.

Trivia Thread

football forum

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Berserker said:

Is it an English keyboard?, is it an English word?

7 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Is it the top row and typewriter? I'm sure i've had this on a pub quiz.

Josh is correct :)

So - there are only 4 countries that Americans aren't able to visit legally, as we don't have a consultant/embassy there. They are...

1. Syria
2. North Korea
3. Iran
4. ? 

What is the 4th? 

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

So - there are only 4 countries that Americans aren't able to visit legally, as we don't have a consultant/embassy there. They are...

1. Syria
2. North Korea
3. Iran
4. ? 

What is the 4th? 

Guam since its a part of US but not exactly part of the US so you are visiting it without an embassy :ph34r:

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

1. Syria
2. North Korea
3. Iran
4. ? 

What is the 4th? 

This is a bit weird. Just because you don't have an embassy or consulate in a country doesn't normally mean you aren't able to visit it legally...

I know that US banned its citizens from travelling to North Korea similar to how they placed a similar ban on traveling to Cuba in the past. Syria situation is pretty obvious too. US passport holders can most definitely travel to Iran though?

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

This is a bit weird. Just because you don't have an embassy or consulate in a country doesn't normally mean you aren't able to visit it legally...

I know that US banned its citizens from travelling to North Korea similar to how they placed a similar ban on traveling to Cuba in the past. Syria situation is pretty obvious too. US passport holders can most definitely travel to Iran though?

Apologies, it should be worded that there are only 4 countries that the US has no relations with. No embassies, consulate, nothing. I'm not sure we can go to Iran at the present moment, but I'm not positive. 

So let's just say we can, but that there are 4 countries where the US has no diplomatic relations with. Syria, Iran, North Korea, and...

2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Looking on that list apart from Syria who doesn't has much embassies right now anyway the other two don't want American embassies so it should be one of the enemies of USA

Cuba

No. We were, but Obama opened up the border and now we have diplomatic relations with Cuba. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Apologies, it should be worded that there are only 4 countries that the US has no relations with. No embassies, consulate, nothing. I'm not sure we can go to Iran at the present moment, but I'm not positive. 

So let's just say we can, but that there are 4 countries where the US has no diplomatic relations with. Syria, Iran, North Korea, and...

Must be Bhutan then.

Just now, nudge said:

Must be Bhutan then.

Correct. 

Sorry for the confusion, the question was on jeopardy the other night and I had no idea. I had to do some research as to why Bhutan...pretty interesting. 

Just now, Azeem said:

Russia 

haha I am part Russian, and while it's expensive and takes forever, we certainly have embassies, and relations with them. Too expensive (for both countries) not too. 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Must be Bhutan then.

To add to that, just today Trump thought Nepal and Bhutan were part of India, and laughed when he was shown a map and then referred to the two countries as 'button' and 'nipple'. :dash3:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Azeem said:

Another question related too US foreign relations. 

Name the two countries which have the largest US embassies in the World ?

Baghdad is probably one of them? Have a friend who was working in Iraq as a contract for a few months and he said the US embassy compound is huge; it's almost as a small town.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Baghdad is probably one of them? Have a friend who was working in Iraq as a contract for a few months and he said the US embassy compound is huge; it's almost as a small town.

Good point. I bet it's some of the more recent ones actually. Add to that Jerusalem? 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived