talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Trivia Thread

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

First thing that comes to mind is Nauru but that's surely not Southeast Asia haha? Christmas Island?

Yeah, Christmas Island is correct and perhaps the more obvious one.

Naura is incorrect!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Yeah, Christmas Island is correct and perhaps the more obvious one.

Naura is incorrect!

Yeah thought so... It just gets quite a bit coverage here as that's where they dump refugees and we had a few of them being sent from Nauru to Cambodia as the latter made agreements with Australia to accept their refugees and get paid for it... Save to say all of those who were relocated here have already left back to their home countries. 

Anyway. 

Papua New Guinea probably doesn't count either?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah thought so... It just gets quite a bit coverage here as that's where they dump refugees and we had a few of them being sent from Nauru to Cambodia as the latter made agreements with Australia to accept their refugees and get paid for it... Save to say all of those who were relocated here have already left back to their home countries. 

Anyway. 

Papua New Guinea probably doesn't count either?

Oh wow. Didn't know that!

Nope, not PNG.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yep!

Hehe. Didn't even know it's governed by Australia to be honest. 

Which civilization is credited with the invention of toothpaste? I will even give you the recipe: rock salt, mint, dried iris flower and grains of pepper.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Hehe. Didn't even know it's governed by Australia to be honest. 

Which civilization is credited with the invention of toothpaste? I will even give you the recipe: rock salt, mint, dried iris flower and grains of pepper.

I'm not sure how far back this would go? Are we before or after christ? 

Looking at the ingredients my first thought was China, and given their continuity as a civilization they're also a good odds choice I think. 

Lock in China.

I reckon it was around the 10th century AD, but the practice didn't make it to England until the late 2000's...:ph34r:

pg-16-teeth-1.jpg

Hopefully soon the English modernize away from the salt, pepper and flowers concoction in favor of a fluoride containing product and their dental hygiene moves forward another step. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Azeem said:

It seems like a thing that many civilizations invented on their own in their own way. 

Egyptians were the first i reckon. 

Correct. The oldest known recipe for toothpaste has been found in a collection of papyrus document from the 4th century AD.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Which of these countries is the only one in the world to have purple color in its flag ?

A. Central African Republic 

B. Haiti

C. Mauritius 

D. Dominica

Mauritius?

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived