• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Trivia Thread

football forum

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I don't think so, it has more to do with ancient history and mythology that makes Nile so important 

For a history buff yes. But in terms of geography most people know the Nile as the world's longest river. 

World's first iron-cased rockets for military use, the earliest predecessors of modern day military rockets were developed by the ruler of a dynasty. Out of these options in which modern day country was the dynasty based in ?

A. France

B. China

C. India

D. Turkey

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, nudge said:

China?

17 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Would you like to lock the option ?

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

I would like to phone a friend.

14 minutes ago, Azeem said:

@Stan @nudge

You both are wrong and can't take part in this quiz anymore

14 minutes ago, Berserker said:

China, and yeah i'm sure about it.

13 minutes ago, Berserker said:

That didn't age well...

Never change :x 

The answer is India

The Mysorean Dynasty in southwestern India developed the world's first iron-cased rockets successfully deployed for military use. The Mysorean army used the rockets effectively against the British East India Company during the 1780s and 1790s. Their conflicts with the company exposed the British to this technology, which was then used to advance European rocketry with the development of the Congreve rocket in 1805.

Haider Ali and his son Tipu Sultan deployed them effectively against the larger British East India Company. These missiles were fitted with swords and traveled several meters through the air before coming down with edges facing the enemy. The British took an interest in the technology and developed it further during the 19th century.

170px-Indian_soldier_of_Tipu_Sultan's_ar

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Stan said:

What two islands are governed by Australia but are actually a part of South East Asia? I reckon @nudge might get this in a flash...

First thing that comes to mind is Nauru but that's surely not Southeast Asia haha? Christmas Island?

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived