talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kristho's Schland! - Off Topic

2 minutes ago, Coma said:

This was the Rheinturm when it was little and dreaming of being like the Fernsehturm.

20230807_164621.jpg

Where did you get that from? The yellow thing in the water is for the Invictus Games. That international multi-sport event for injured, wounded or sick servicemen and women that we are hosting this year. 

And that skyscraper in the background is the Dreischeibenhaus which was actually built in the late 50's but still looks pretty modern to this day. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

No, but for real. Are you lowkey following my city on social media because you love it so much? :x

Coincidentally, the host for the curation account @germany_iam is from Düsseldorf this week.

• Like 1

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Coma said:

I'd love to work Düsseldorf into my next visit for a meet up and see a match. Just not sure where else to go in western Germany. 

Eifel is a beautiful region to explore.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Eifel is a beautiful region to explore.

The Eifel is very nice. And you are in the Netherlands within 30-40 minutes from Düsseldorf. And there's also the Sauerland nearby. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, he's from Saarland, not Sauerland. I'm not sure if they even have an airport. :ph34r:

We do Saarbrücken-Ensheim, it's even an International airport since it seves regularly lines to Palma, Antalya, Vienna, and - wait for it- Luxembourg!

The last one is ridiculous, since an car travel to Luxembourg City lasts about an hour, and even the bus line that serves this route about 10 times a day takes only 1 and a half hour.. So this connection is absolutely environmentally sensible!xD

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

We do Saarbrücken-Ensheim, it's even an International airport since it seves regularly lines to Palma, Antalya, Vienna, and - wait for it- Luxembourg!

The last one is ridiculous, since an car travel to Luxembourg City lasts about an hour, and even the bus line that serves this route about 10 times a day takes only 1 and a half hour.. So this connection is absolutely environmental sensible!xD

What planes do they use to go to Luxembourg? Sounds like they could just catapult them there. xD

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Yea, he's from Saarland, not Sauerland. I'm not sure if they even have an airport. :ph34r:

Haha, I thought you were mocking him for the Kraut Wars. Had no idea there was a Sauerland for real.

38 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What planes do they use to go to Luxembourg? Sounds like they could just catapult them there. xD

No idea, still seem to remember to having read somewhen it was the 3rd most used airplane route from Saarbrücken  Airport after the Berlin, and Hamburg ones.xD

Can't get my head around so many people being that spoilt they prefer to travel this small distance by plane although the bus transfer is cheaper, more often daily and even faster, if you take the check-in and out time into account.xD

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1