talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FOI Exposes Man City, Southampton and West Ham's Real Attendances

15 hours ago, DNA said:

Does anything that isn't negative come out of West Ham these days xD

Lol good point. This summer they had a bit of good news with the manager and potentially some good signings and it’s resulted in their worst start in years and now they have a tough run coming up xD

there seems to be a lot of unrest between the board and the supporters. I don’t think the ‘hardcore’ support will ever be happy in that stadium.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, Marc said:

Lol good point. This summer they had a bit of good news with the manager and potentially some good signings and it’s resulted in their worst start in years and now they have a tough run coming up xD

there seems to be a lot of unrest between the board and the supporters. I don’t think the ‘hardcore’ support will ever be happy in that stadium.

It's as simple as that. They don't play in a football ground. The only way you fix West Ham is to knock this stupid move on the head and get something new knocked up.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

It's as simple as that. They don't play in a football ground. The only way you fix West Ham is to knock this stupid move on the head and get something new knocked up.

In East London? The best move would have been a stadium expansion and that was difficult enough because of the housing. Unless they can find a park the council are willing to give up (improbable) or some industrial land then they're probably stuck.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, Danny said:

In East London? The best move would have been a stadium expansion and that was difficult enough because of the housing. Unless they can find a park the council are willing to give up (improbable) or some industrial land then they're probably stuck.

I didn't say it was feasible. They've snookered themselves. Idealistic thinking from the off and it's going to be a long, long road to recovery. It's a real eye opener that capacity doesn't mean everything in a ground. People can only truly appreciate how bad it is when they've been to it, and to go from a ground like Upton Park to that is depressing.

People slag off grounds like ours, Southampton, Middlesbrough etc... fair enough but they're streets ahead of that place.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I didn't say it was feasible. They've snookered themselves. Idealistic thinking from the off and it's going to be a long, long road to recovery. It's a real eye opener that capacity doesn't mean everything in a ground. People can only truly appreciate how bad it is when they've been to it, and to go from a ground like Upton Park to that is depressing.

People slag off grounds like ours, Southampton, Middlesbrough etc... fair enough but they're streets ahead of that place.

The concept of the London Stadium is great, and if it was tight around the pitch then it'd make for a world class football stadium rather than what it is, a world class athletics stadium. I think West Ham will try to angle to kick the athletics out one day so they can adjust how far away people are.

I've not been and so might try it out when I get home, but looking at pictures online it's amazing that anyone is expected to watch football from that distance. If it was football appropriate I'd be really happy with that stadium if I were a supporter, but it's just not.

Image result for london stadium

Image result for london stadium

Archived