talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

David Moyes Interested in United States Role

football forum

Moyes is now ready to return to management, and is not ruling out the chance of moving into the international sphere with the United States who have Dave Sarachan in interim charge until the end of 2018.

He added: "I would have to consider the USA job if I was approached because it's one of the big nations in world football, with massive growth potential.

"They have a constantly improving league, you've got David Beckham's team coming into Miami and Nashville as well, so if it came up I would have a real interest."

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unpopular opinion perhaps but David Moyes was unlucky IMO to be sacked by West Ham. He delivered more than what was expected of him under difficult circumstances with the owners and they ended the season in 13th. Granted 13th may have flattered them a bit given the Premier League was just a plethora of shit below about 5th and the sides could have been put in any order and nobody would really have grumbled but nonetheless, of Moyes’ departures from his last few clubs, this one was probably the most unwarranted. 

• Subscriber

I still think Moyes at least has more to offer than most people think. I don't think it's on the international stage though. Building a team on a budget with good characters in the dressing room was what he was good at moreso than coaching and tactics where he had a mixed record with us and a poor one elsewhere.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I still think Moyes at least has more to offer than most people think. I don't think it's on the international stage though. Building a team on a budget with good characters in the dressing room was what he was good at moreso than coaching and tactics where he had a mixed record with us and a poor one elsewhere.

He was terrible at that when at Real Sociedad though mate.  Maybe he should've spoken to John Toshack before he went out there and not so much Gary Neville or Tony Adams.

Archived