talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FC Barcelona Redesign Their Club Crest

football forum

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The flag of the Aragón Empire... That's something they choose to ignore and the start of how illegitimate it all is.

And want't the capital of Aragon Zaragoza? Barcelona was an independent city state for a long time..:until the Aragonese conquered them, no?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

And want't the capital of Aragon Zaragoza? Barcelona was an independent city state for a long time..:until the Aragonese conquered them, no?

Independent in the same vein as practically most places at sometime throughout  history.  The point is that that flag is the Aragón Empire.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Barcelona was not conquered by the Aragonese. Petronila of Aragon and Ramon Berenguer, Count of Barcelona married for good in 1137 and (despite quite an age gap) lived happily ever after (well, Petronila died at the tender age of 37).

Besides, the notion of capitality in the Middle Ages is tricky to say the least. And for the flag, I don't think we have a reliable record of the use of the flag before the County of Barcelona and the Kindgom of Aragon became a dynastic union.

1 hour ago, Kowabunga said:

Barcelona was not conquered by the Aragonese. Petronila of Aragon and Ramon Berenguer, Count of Barcelona married for good in 1137 and (despite quite an age gap) lived happily ever after (well, Petronila died at the tender age of 37).

Besides, the notion of capitality in the Middle Ages is tricky to say the least. And for the flag, I don't think we have a reliable record of the use of the flag before the County of Barcelona and the Kindgom of Aragon became a dynastic union.

Who did what and how can be quite confusing, especially during that period.

i thought Berenguer was a Basque name, though I am probably attributing that to a certain Osasuna player.

So the date has been set for the FC Barcelona socios for the democratic vote to agree or disagree to the new redesigned club crest.  It will be held on the 20th of October at the Palau Blaugrana before the FC Barcelona v Sevilla FC game at 20:45 cet.

The poll that's been running on two of the Barcelona based sports portals (Mundo Deportivo and SPORT) show that the vote massively favours a yes to agree the changes.  This actually goes in tune with how it's always gone in the previous 10 changes since 1899.

• Subscriber

I don't get the fuss here. Its not like they completely demolished the old design, they just removed one aspect of it and bled some others into each other. Its more in line with how design works today but that's to be expected when asking a modern day graphics designer to do something in 2018. I am just glad they didn't go the Juventus way because that thing isn't a crest its an abomination for a great football club.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like it's all going to plan and how it's always gone when there's been a crest change for Barcelona with their members "Socios".

A poll has been held at the "Peñas" in Spain (there are over a thousand official Peñas more throughout the world though) and the result has been overwhelmingly in favour of the change.

I think this is definitely going through on the 20th.

Latest news on the club crest...

So the design brought forward as the new evolution for the club crest has been taken off the agenda because the senior socios apparently didn’t like it according to the club president Josep Maria Bartomeu.

It didn’t get to the voting stage by all socios and will now be discussed internally which from the rumours coming out from the Camp Nou they’re saying it’ll probably be redesigned once again as they feel a change is actually needed for digital registration in the new era.

More news to follow in the coming weeks and months on this because they’ll surely want to have it sorted before next season’s kit which should be going into manufacturing production in February. 

Archived