• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

The Circle

Recommended Posts

Anyone been watching this on Channel 4?

8 people start off in a room all to themselves, and they can only communicate with each other via a social media platform designed for the game. They don't have to be themselves and can be a 'catfish' if they wish. They regularly rate each other and if you get blocked you leave the competition.

Interesting to note the dynamics between the group as new people enter, some leave, and after tactics/game-play is discovered. 

Freddie is one of the biggest, insufferable, hypocritical cunts I've ever watched on TV. Gets on my nerves so much. There's a catfish on there who's playing a good game so far (Alex posing as his girlfriend 'Kate'). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that a series or one of those reality TV rubbish things again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Is that a series or one of those reality TV rubbish things again?

Reality TV.

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Watched about 10 minutes of it. Gloryfying catfishing? Great morals that show has. 

to play devil's advocate, it also helps expose the dangers of it and make people aware you can't always trust people you speak to online...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My girlfriend is friends with Dan who thankfully is coming across well on this show so it's on all the time in my household at the moment.

I hate pretty much all reality show but this is good in a cringeworthy fashion. The photos of them all really shows the power of filters too. If you went on a tinder date with over half of them youd be disappointed with what they actually looked like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stan said:

Freddie is one of the biggest, insufferable, hypocritical cunts I've ever watched on TV. Gets on my nerves so much. There's a catfish on there who's playing a good game so far (Alex posing as his girlfriend 'Kate'). 

Given he thinks Alex is Kate, the way he spoke to her the other night was absolutely disgusting. There's no way anybody would be allowed to speak to a woman like that in real life.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given he thinks Alex is Kate, the way he spoke to her the other night was absolutely disgusting. There's no way anybody would be allowed to speak to a woman like that in real life.

I just find it so ironic that he constantly dishes out that '#factsarefacts' stuff yet when Dan said how he felt about Ryan, he hated it. 

He's one of those that would get on my nerves if I knew him in real life; if something is said in his favour he loves it, but if that same thing is said about something/someone that doesn't involve him then he goes in to some mad rage. And why the fuck does he have to shout at everything?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not watched it but been told the concept of it and what’s gone on. It’s incredibly creepy that grown adults are pretending to be people of the different sex and pretending to have different sexual orientations. I get that it’s part of the programme and that there’s probably nothing in the rules of the game that stop them from doing this but I still find it very weird. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not watched it but been told the concept of it and what’s gone on. It’s incredibly creepy that grown adults are pretending to be people of the different sex and pretending to have different sexual orientations. I get that it’s part of the programme and that there’s probably nothing in the rules of the game that stop them from doing this but I still find it very weird. 

indicative of real life (i.e things that happen not part of a television programme) though, no?

The programme has been made to exploit that kind of thing, I know, for entertainment purposes. But aren't most reality TV shows like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

indicative of real life (i.e things that happen not part of a television programme) though, no?

The programme has been made to exploit that kind of thing, I know, for entertainment purposes. But aren't most reality TV shows like that?

I’m sure it is indicative of real life, however, it doesn’t make it any less weird. 

Is it made to exploit this though? I have no idea who is on this programme but I’m sure that I’ve read that there’s some sort of reward for winning this and I’m not sure rewarding John (as I say, I don’t watch this so I don’t know who’s on it), who’s pretending to be Suzanne, who’s duped seven others into thinking that Suzanne is a lovely person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

I’m sure it is indicative of real life, however, it doesn’t make it any less weird. 

Is it made to exploit this though? I have no idea who is on this programme but I’m sure that I’ve read that there’s some sort of reward for winning this and I’m not sure rewarding John (as I say, I don’t watch this so I don’t know who’s on it), who’s pretending to be Suzanne, who’s duped seven others into thinking that Suzanne is a lovely person. 

yeah £50k xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys know it's all fake right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You guys know it's all fake right?

Image result for what did you say gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has surprised me is that it's quite informative to show how insecure people that live their lives on Instagram, Facebook etc really are. We all assumed it, but the tasks they've done have been rather telling.

They did a task on ranking the players in order of how sly/'snakey' they are, and it's the players that tend to keep themselves to themselves and seemed easy going that were near the top. The ones who tried to talk to everybody and have said some quite nasty things in confidence were near the bottom. The majority of players just made an assumption that people that are not talking to them as much must not like them and are likely to be horrible about them, when the reality was completely different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen an ad for the new series. Coming Soon :D:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon this new series is going to be loads better. Emma Willis hosting and taking on more of an inclusive role. The hosts didn't really do anything last time round. I'd shove Alex (who won it last year) back in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I reckon this new series is going to be loads better. Emma Willis hosting and taking on more of an inclusive role. The hosts didn't really do anything last time round. I'd shove Alex (who won it last year) back in.

That'd be a good twist if Alex went back in. See how long he lasts but he'd have to do a lot to disguise as someone else again. He seemed to put a lot of effort in last season but it was made easier given he was posing as someone he knows.

 

What's Emma Willis' role in it? I quite liked Alice Levine & Maya Jama as hosts last season but didn't know this season has a more inclusive role. I'm intrigued!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Stan said:

That'd be a good twist if Alex went back in. See how long he lasts but he'd have to do a lot to disguise as someone else again. He seemed to put a lot of effort in last season but it was made easier given he was posing as someone he knows.

 

What's Emma Willis' role in it? I quite liked Alice Levine & Maya Jama as hosts last season but didn't know this season has a more inclusive role. I'm intrigued!

Emma did an interview and said that this season there's a lot more opportunity for her to get involved in it. The format was brilliant last year but can see it being better this time round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pyfish you been watching this year?

Didn't think it could top last year but the twists this year have proved me wrong. Good bunch of people on there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stan said:

@Pyfish you been watching this year?

Didn't think it could top last year but the twists this year have proved me wrong. Good bunch of people on there too.

Unfortunately not. Missed the opening night and then missed the day after etc etc so I think it's too late for me to catch up now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Unfortunately not. Missed the opening night and then missed the day after etc etc so I think it's too late for me to catch up now!

Yeah you've missed alot xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 09:10, The Palace Fan said:

The photos of them all really shows the power of filters too. If you went on a tinder date with over half of them youd be disappointed with what they actually looked like.

Yea.. people really need to just try and be themselves for a while, How would the police be able to find you if you are coming across like a Kardashian in your filtered photos online and look like Smeagle in real life?? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone as good as Alex/Kate was last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pyfish said:

Is anyone as good as Alex/Kate was last year?

Yeah. James who is playing 'Sammie', a young mum.

Probably say as good as Alex playing Kate. Got everyone on strings and pretty much everyone believes who he says he is.

There's 2 clear cliques this year and 1 from each is now an influencer so will be interesting who they choose to block. 'Sammie' has become very manipulative and found the best time to play the game is now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Georgina: I hate snakes and snaky people. I'm loyal and Ella is my G. Can't stand brown-nosers, bum-lickers.

Also Georgina: *puts snake skin on as she licks Sammie's arse* Ella needs to go.

 

Used to like her but she's become a proper hypocrite and everything she says she hates. Got wrapped up too much in Sammie's masterplan without realising Sammie will do the same to her as she's doing to Tim/Woody/Ella.

10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I hope James wins to be honest. He's really done his homework.

Hope Tim wins. He sees through all the bullshit from everyone and has got all his preconceptions nailed on if I remember correctly. Very good judge of character and good at reading between the lines. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Georgina. Really gullible but her insults are funny. It made me laugh how Sammie convinced her to join the revolution in half a second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched this the other day and thought it was the biggest pile of shit going on TV, literally takes every negative aspect of social media and turns it into a gameshow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Danny said:

I watched this the other day and thought it was the biggest pile of shit going on TV, literally takes every negative aspect of social media and turns it into a gameshow

I haven't watched it but from the description it sounds like entertainment from Brave New World or 1984. It really is happening to humanity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I like Georgina. Really gullible but her insults are funny. It made me laugh how Sammie convinced her to join the revolution in half a second.

Sounds weird as I've liked her a lot up to this week but was kinda glad to see how upset she got when she met with Ella yesterday. Really hit home to her how she'd been played, I think and how Sammie had them wrapped round 'his' little finger.

Final night tonight. Fingers crossed for Tim...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy for Paddy. Never thought somebody who joined half way through would win. Fair play to somebody that is a nice bloke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement