Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Liverpool Fan Sean Cox - Wife Reveals Impact of Assault


Recommended Posts

Heartbreaking .......



Sean Cox: Liverpool v Roma attack victim's wife on impact of serious assault

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46328095

"Sean went to a match in April and he never came home, that's the reality of it."

This is the stark truth Martina Cox is facing, after her husband Sean Cox was attacked before Liverpool's Champions League semi-final against Roma in April, outside Anfield.

She says the attack lasted just 17 seconds. But that 17 seconds will have a lifetime effect on her 53-year-old husband, who now cannot talk, walk or sit up unaided.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think someone getting beat half to death deserves a thread to be honest.

 

A thread should only be created to inspire discussion, not just people going 'aw yeah it's shit isn't it'. It was discussed at the time, there is even a thread pertaining to the court case in the European section if you'd bothered to look.


The amount of pointless, banal threads on this forum is becoming unbearable.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

A thread should only be created to inspire discussion, not just people going 'aw yeah it's shit isn't it'. It was discussed at the time, there is even a thread pertaining to the court case in the European section if you'd bothered to look.


The amount of pointless, banal threads on this forum is becoming unbearable.

Fucking hell someone got out of the wrong side of bed? Suppose there shouldn't be a 'Vialli fighting cancer' thread either then going by your logic? Sort yourself out. 

Don't read it if you're not interested?! And if this forum is so unbearable you could always fuck off to another :bye:

Edited by LFCMadLad
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Shite that Liverpool haven’t done anything, as per that BBC article. 

 

The family have received substantial donations from AS Roma, Liverpool, Everton's Seamus Coleman and Reds manager Jurgen Klopp, both of whom gave 5,000 euros (£4,400).

Football fans have been donating to a Go Fund Me page as part of the fundraising efforts, which recently hit £400,000, but government funding for care in the rehab centre is set to end in the coming weeks.

"The fans have been absolutely amazing and the club has promised to support Sean," Mrs Cox said.

 

What are you talking about Smiley? Can you not read?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to Liverpool Fan Sean Cox - Wife Reveals Impact of Assault

Roma have donated an initial amount of 150,000 euros (£130,000) to help with her husband's medical and rehab costs, of which 50,000 euros was a personal donation from club president Jim Pallotta.

When asked if she would like to see something similar from Liverpool, Mrs Cox said: "You would hope so, yes... let's just wait and see, that's all I can say at this point.

 

Same article, can’t you read... @LFCMadLad?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The family have received substantial donations from AS Roma, Liverpool, Everton's Seamus Coleman and Reds manager Jurgen Klopp, both of whom gave 5,000 euros (£4,400).

Football fans have been donating to a Go Fund Me page as part of the fundraising efforts, which recently hit £400,000, but government funding for care in the rehab centre is set to end in the coming weeks.

"The fans have been absolutely amazing and the club has promised to support Sean," Mrs Cox said.

 

What are you talking about Smiley? Can you not read?

On the face of it, they could certainly do more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Roma have donated an initial amount of 150,000 euros (£130,000) to help with her husband's medical and rehab costs, of which 50,000 euros was a personal donation from club president Jim Pallotta.

When asked if she would like to see something similar from Liverpool, Mrs Cox said: "You would hope so, yes... let's just wait and see, that's all I can say at this point.

 

Same article, can’t you read... @LFCMadLad?

You said the club hasn't done anything, which is wrong.

Sean's wife also went on to say that the club have promised to continue supporting the family once the government support ends. 

Not sure where you get the idea that they have done nothing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

The club have said they will continue to support the family once the government support ends. 

What more can they do?

I''m guessing he means financially support them like other clubs have done. Have Liverpool donated the same or more, do they plan to etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stan said:

I''m guessing he means financially support them like other clubs have done. Have Liverpool donated the same or more, do they plan to etc

By the sound of it yes. Sean's wife said LFC will continue to support the family. Klopp and the players have all donated along with others to contribute over £400'000. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...