talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Sci-Fi Thread..

football forum

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I have never read 2000ad... Should give it a go. Given that it's got over 2000 issues it's probably going to keep me busy for a while xD 

2114 if you include the one out on Wednesday xD but yea, plenty to read there, The early issues probably won't hold much appeal to you bearing in mind they were first around in the late 70's but they do give you timelines and characters etc like the Cursed Earth Saga.. That would be an epic ask though, They do a sister Magazine called Judge Dredd The Megazine which is a monthly issue and that comes in at a more doable 404 issues so far... They occasionally do crossovers for the more lengthy episodes/storylines... The Current storyline is Block Buds, these are like giant play characters that act as friendly help around city blocks but when it goes tits up it goes seriously tits up.. 

ojnxo-klb5d-001-791x1024.png

• Upvote 1

@nudge

Just tried to read through some of Saga but for some reason it's not showing the pages so moved on to Valerian and while reading through the intro it mentions the film and when I saw this photo I thought I know those characters... Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, I enjoyed that film.. didn't get the connection from the cover though... 

Valerian The Complete Collection TPB_1 Page 9

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

@nudge

Just tried to read through some of Saga but for some reason it's not showing the pages so moved on to Valerian and while reading through the intro it mentions the film and when I saw this photo I thought I know those characters... Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, I enjoyed that film.. didn't get the connection from the cover though... 

Valerian The Complete Collection TPB_1 Page 9

I didn't watch the movie as I didn't like the trailer... Worth watching then? 

It's a pity Saga doesn't work for you, I'm sure you'd enjoy it :(

3 hours ago, nudge said:

I didn't watch the movie as I didn't like the trailer... Worth watching then? 

It's a pity Saga doesn't work for you, I'm sure you'd enjoy it :(

I am sure I will find a copy of it somewhere... 

As for the film, I enjoyed it personally a bit of a sci-fi romp along the lines of The Fifth Element that kind of thing but if you didn't like the Trailer then maybe you wouldn't like it.. I didn't know anything about it or read any of the novels/books so didn't have anything to taint my vision of what it should have ideally been so in that respect I was only going to be disappointed if it had been a low budget effort..   

So then.. Which Sci-Fi character are you??? 

Take the quiz

https://onedio.co/content/which-sci-fi-character-are-you-11418

Apparently I am Fox Mulder... xD

Fox Mulder!

Needless to say, you’re a loony. You’ve dedicated your whole life to learning. No danger can stand in your way to the truth. Your power source is your obsessive curiosity. However, sometimes you have trouble controlling yourself and you don’t really realize that you're risking your loved ones’ lives. Yet, people keep trusting you and backing you up, as you have a determined personality like a warrior’s. They know that finding the truth and facing it is not a job for the ones who are, well, completely sane...

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Well... xD 

Dana Scully!

s-7e96bbac526e2fa1ba7dec76eb3b3a927a23c6

You depend on your rational side, no matter what. You never lose control over yourself or anything around you. You think the truth can only be found by reason. But you’re also more than your intellect, you’re a very good companion. You never let anyone down. Even in the most complex situations on the way to the truth, you first protect your loved ones’ lives. And although you wouldn’t accept it out loud, you love the adventure. It’s impossible to find the truth without you.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nudge said:

Well... xD 

Dana Scully!

s-7e96bbac526e2fa1ba7dec76eb3b3a927a23c6

You depend on your rational side, no matter what. You never lose control over yourself or anything around you. You think the truth can only be found by reason. But you’re also more than your intellect, you’re a very good companion. You never let anyone down. Even in the most complex situations on the way to the truth, you first protect your loved ones’ lives. And although you wouldn’t accept it out loud, you love the adventure. It’s impossible to find the truth without you.

:o

Perfect match!! 

• Like 1

• Subscriber

FFS just had a quick look in the bathroom mirror to check, I am good old...xD

Mr Spock!

s-eb9b70eb3d91aa3f3613ddea44317bac492d74

You must be the most logical person, maybe the most logical creature in the whole universe. No matter what the conditions are, you always depend on your reason. This makes other people see you as an emotionless being, but we know that you have sentiments deep inside. What would make you happy the most is a journey searching for life on other planets.  On a journey like that, you’re the one to deal with all sorts of crises. You’re an inborn scientist.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CaaC - John said:

FFS just had a quick look in the bathroom mirror to check, I am good old...xD

Mr Spock!

s-eb9b70eb3d91aa3f3613ddea44317bac492d74

You must be the most logical person, maybe the most logical creature in the whole universe. No matter what the conditions are, you always depend on your reason. This makes other people see you as an emotionless being, but we know that you have sentiments deep inside. What would make you happy the most is a journey searching for life on other planets.  On a journey like that, you’re the one to deal with all sorts of crises. You’re an inborn scientist.

Damn.. run out of up votes and it's only 3pm

We would need a good science officer we can trust, one that lacks emotion.. sees things in black and white.. 

We need to start working on a name for our ship and our future colony... 

• Subscriber

Ellen Ripley!

Ellen Ripley!

If there’s anyone in the whole universe who can survive against the most horrible monsters, it’s you. You’re an inborn warrior, you were born to fight. Also, your instincts never let you down and you always manage to do the right thing at the right moment. However, you’re also a lonely cowboy. You wouldn’t survive if you didn’t know how to cope with loneliness. You also have a mysterious side, no matter how close people get to you, they can never know everything about you. Maybe your survival skills take their source from this dark side of yours.

Kicking down doors and f'ing Xenomorphs up. Yep, that sounds like something I'd enjoy a lot.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Ellen Ripley!

Ellen Ripley!

If there’s anyone in the whole universe who can survive against the most horrible monsters, it’s you. You’re an inborn warrior, you were born to fight. Also, your instincts never let you down and you always manage to do the right thing at the right moment. However, you’re also a lonely cowboy. You wouldn’t survive if you didn’t know how to cope with loneliness. You also have a mysterious side, no matter how close people get to you, they can never know everything about you. Maybe your survival skills take their source from this dark side of yours.

Kicking down doors and f'ing Xenomorphs up. Yep, that sounds like something I'd enjoy a lot.

This crew is shaping up nicely... any hostile Alien encounters and guess who is getting shoved out front.. xD

Curious how you got to be her though??? must have picked ''what difference does it make' on the gender question... 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Curious how you got to be her though??? must have picked ''what difference does it make' on the gender question... 

Yeah I did. Was curious what it would throw at me and I wasn't terribly disappointed to be honest.

Lots of quality content in this thread been going through it slowly. Never figured @Bluewolf to be a comic fan either.

Edited by Mel81x
  • Upvote 1