Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

Man Utd Refuse To Compensate Bournemouth Fans After Bomb Postponement F Up


Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.

Why should they get any compensation? This is why modern football gets shitter and shitter. Next you'll have fans demanding compensation because of a waterlogged pitch. If you let this happen, everyone will expect it, a bit like how clubs have started refunding their fans after a heavy away defeat. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Why should they get any compensation? This is why modern football gets shitter and shitter. Next you'll have fans demanding compensation because of a waterlogged pitch. If you let this happen, everyone will expect it, a bit like how clubs have started refunding their fans after a heavy away defeat. 

No you won't - the point is this was completely avoidable and Manchester United's fault. Very entitled to compensation in my view

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

No you won't - the point is this was completely avoidable and Manchester United's fault. Very entitled to compensation in my view

Not in the slightest. The blame lies with the company that left the bag there, they admitted the blame at the time of the incident. 

They were compensated with a free ticket for the game, as is standard with postponed games, and I'm sure their coach fare was either subsidised, if not free, due to Premier League teams taking up that option the other year. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Multi millionaire clubs reimbursing travel expenses or putting on free travel when fans are caught out is not making football shitter and shitter. 

xD

 

Being outraged and expecting compensation for an incident that neither club were to blame for is making the game shitter. The culture our fans are developing is absolutely awful where they want compensation, apologies and to be put up on a pedestal for watching their team. It's the scourge of modern football in this country.

When you commit to buying a ticket you know the team may lose 5-0, you know the game could be called off for a variety of reasons and you know the game could be moved to a different time and date yet fans are now almost expecting some for of compensation or apology for almost every possible incident now. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Not in the slightest. The blame lies with the company that left the bag there, they admitted the blame at the time of the incident. 

They were compensated with a free ticket for the game, as is standard with postponed games, and I'm sure their coach fare was either subsidised, if not free, due to Premier League teams taking up that option the other year. 

 

Who were Manchester United's responsibility. It was completely avoidable and United have to take the blame.

A free ticket isn't a free ticket though is it. They'll have spent a large amount getting up there, they would then have to double that to come up again or costs of staying up there. Plus time off work. If it was postponed for the weather, that's tough, but as it was postponed due to human error on behalf of the company and the club they are well within their rights to seek further compensation.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

12 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Being outraged and expecting compensation for an incident that neither club were to blame for is making the game shitter. The culture our fans are developing is absolutely awful where they want compensation, apologies and to be put up on a pedestal for watching their team. It's the scourge of modern football in this country.

When you commit to buying a ticket you know the team may lose 5-0, you know the game could be called off for a variety of reasons and you know the game could be moved to a different time and date yet fans are now almost expecting some for of compensation or apology for almost every possible incident now. 

 

Asking for compensation is a side effect of the Thatcherite business model you are promoting, stripping football of its community values and downgrading supporters to the level of a consumer. That is the real disease that underpins the loss of club identity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

 

Asking for compensation is a side effect of the Thatcherite business model you are promoting, stripping football of its community values and downgrading supporters to the level of a consumer. That is the real disease that underpins the loss of club identity.

When Football had its community values clubs weren't offering compensation for defeats, postponements, etc. It was, and still is IMO, part and parcel of supporting a Football team, regardless of your club's level. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Storts said:

Who were Manchester United's responsibility. It was completely avoidable and United have to take the blame.

So if a beam at Tottenhams new stadium cracked and fell onto supporters killing them, it would be the clubs fault for hiring the company? Obviously it's a bit more serious but it boils down to the suggestion that a club is liable due to the companies it employs?

United employ the security who did their job and found what was to be believed a suspect package and evacuated the stadium. Not really sure how it's their responsibility to compensate the Bournemouth fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

So if a beam at Tottenhams new stadium cracked and fell onto supporters killing them, it would be the clubs fault for hiring the company? Obviously it's a bit more serious but it boils down to the suggestion that a club is liable due to the companies it employs?

United employ the security who did their job and found what was to be believed a suspect package and evacuated the stadium. Not really sure how it's their responsibility to compensate the Bournemouth fans.

Absolutely the club is responsible! xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

When Football had its community values clubs weren't offering compensation for defeats, postponements, etc. It was, and still is IMO, part and parcel of supporting a Football team, regardless of your club's level. 

It didn't happen because fans weren't consumers then. That's the point.

There weren't any club's turning over half a billion pounds a year off excessive consumerism or footballers making it to the top of the social ladder financially. The request for compensation is related to being made into a consumer. As people are pushed into increasing their financial outlay the perception of value and fairness comes into the equation. Back when football cost nothing there was no sense of being badly done to, value wasn't an issue.

Fans are forking out fortunes across the season to keep up with following their town club, the relationship between fan and sport is permanently on edge as a result, anything that tips things over like this case brings up side effects of this relationship. Compensation is one of those side effects where supporters are trying to wrestle back some of that outlay and sense of unfairness, sense of an unjust financial burden. If we are going to continue as a consumerist sport then absolutely fans should receive compensation.

Turning fans down over compensation is just a way to beat them into accepting the new order of things. Keep them away from daring to question the justification of the cost of the sport.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Sign up to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...