talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Player Outside the Top 6?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Vardy if we're talking strikers. His record speaks for itself.

Maybe I should ask the question in another way - makes it a bit more interesting.

Who's the best striker? (Vardy)

Who's the best winger/wide player?

Who's the best midfielder?

Who's the best fullback?

Who's the best centreback?

And who's the best keeper?

All outside the top 6 though.

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Who's the best striker? Jimenez 

Who's the best winger/wide player? Anderson 

Who's the best midfielder? Neves 

Who's the best fullback? Digne

Who's the best centreback? Ake 

And who's the best keeper? Patricio

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Maybe I should ask the question in another way - makes it a bit more interesting.

Who's the best striker? (Vardy)

Who's the best fullback?

Winger - Ryan Fraser - stats speak for themselves with how many times he's assisted for Bournemouth. Felipe Anderson a close second.

Midfielder - Moutinho or Sigurdsson

Full-back - Pereira/Doherty for RB; Digne for LB

Centre-back - Boly probably - rock solid and an absolute tank. Ake's done well for Bournemouth despite the amount of goals they've let in.

Keeper - I quite like Rui Patricio. Schmeichel has had his faults with distribution and the occasional brain-fart. Not seen that from the Wolves keeper and he's usually resilient. 

Who's the best striker?

Jamie Vardy. He's the one player who has proved himself in the division for a few seasons now. Electrifying pace and great desire.

Jimenez is class as Wolves though and Wilson should potentially get better.

Wilfried Zaha for me. So tricky and sometimes unplayable. I actually feel gutted he isn't wearing the Three Lions. Should be playing for one of the Top 6 easy.

I like Sigurdsson and always have but I think he thrives more in a littler pond. I've got to say, I'm actually a big fan of Doucoure. I think the fact he plays for Watford goes against him because for me he always seems to stand out in a game, other than the fact he looks like a human daddy long legs. Would really profit at a bigger club.

Who's the best fullback?

I like both Chilwell and Perreira at Leicester. Infact I'd like to see Chilwell at a bigger club to see if he can go up another level. Matt Doherty is very underrated and Digne is handy going forward but Wan Bassika looks really classy. I've been thoroughly impressed with him.

Toss up between Boly and Ake. I would be inclined to say Ake as I think he's a bit more agile and play's the ball out much better, which seems to be an important facet for a centre back these days.

Rui Patricio could play for a Top 6 club now. But I do think Angus Gunn is one to watch at Southampton. Looked mighty impressive since he came in the team for McCarthy and shored things up back there.

• Subscriber

Pickford

Wan Bissaka, Duffy, Maguire, Digne

Doucoure, Gueye, Neves

Fraser, Vardy, Zaha

Could easily consider Schmeichel, Doherty, Keane, Dunk, Deulofeu, Jimenez, Ricardo Pereira, Chilwell, Anderson, Arnautovic, Sigurdsson, quite a few others.

22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pickford

Wan Bissaka, Duffy, Maguire, Digne

Doucoure, Gueye, Neves

Fraser, Vardy, Zaha

Could easily consider Schmeichel, Doherty, Keane, Dunk, Deulofeu, Jimenez, Ricardo Pereira, Chilwell, Anderson, Arnautovic, Sigurdsson, quite a few others.

That's a decent side tbf

• Subscriber

Patricio

Ricardo - Boly - Ake - Digne

Neves - Gueye

Anderson - Sigurdsson - Zaha

Vardy

If Tielemans signs permanently for us though I think there's a chance he walks into people's version of this in a year's time. His problem is simply lack of time here so far.

14 hours ago, Dan said:

Patricio

Ricardo - Boly - Ake - Digne

Neves - Gueye

Anderson - Sigurdsson - Zaha

Vardy

If Tielemans signs permanently for us though I think there's a chance he walks into people's version of this in a year's time. His problem is simply lack of time here so far.

Unless you finish in the top 6. If Chelsea have this transfer ban upheld, I think all of those clubs that are fighting for 7th need to look at next season as a chance to kick Chelsea while they’re down. They look like they need a refreshing of the squad now, if they can’t add to it in the summer or January it looks like their period of transition will be a hell of a lot longer. Could be a great moment for a club that wants to kick on to get a chance to act on their ambition.

I’ve made it clear I’m not a Rodgers fan, but there’s no denying that when he gets an attack going... he really gets it going. And Vardy’s form since he’s come in has been shit hot - if that continues into next season, I think Vardy is in for a big season. Which I think means Leicester have a chance to kick on in a season where Chelsea might be poo.

Having said that I’m sure Wolves will splash the cash, Everton will spend a good chunk again and this time Silva knows the squad better and has a group of players more familiar with his tactics than last summer.

If I were a chairman of a club like Leicester though and the news was the Chelsea transfer ban is upheld... I think I would be inclined to spend big this summer. And I’d want Tielemans to sign permanently. He’s come in and adapted to Rodgers setup and Leicester immediately.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Unless you finish in the top 6. If Chelsea have this transfer ban upheld, I think all of those clubs that are fighting for 7th need to look at next season as a chance to kick Chelsea while they’re down. They look like they need a refreshing of the squad now, if they can’t add to it in the summer or January it looks like their period of transition will be a hell of a lot longer. Could be a great moment for a club that wants to kick on to get a chance to act on their ambition.

I’ve made it clear I’m not a Rodgers fan, but there’s no denying that when he gets an attack going... he really gets it going. And Vardy’s form since he’s come in has been shit hot - if that continues into next season, I think Vardy is in for a big season. Which I think means Leicester have a chance to kick on in a season where Chelsea might be poo.

Having said that I’m sure Wolves will splash the cash, Everton will spend a good chunk again and this time Silva knows the squad better and has a group of players more familiar with his tactics than last summer.

If I were a chairman of a club like Leicester though and the news was the Chelsea transfer ban is upheld... I think I would be inclined to spend big this summer. And I’d want Tielemans to sign permanently. He’s come in and adapted to Rodgers setup and Leicester immediately.

Tielemans signing permanently would be my first choice too. 

And then a striker because Okazaki is leaving and that leaves us with only Vardy and Ulloa. 

I do wonder if our spending will be restricted given we've just paid out for new training ground and have a stadium expansion in the pipeline though. Not that we're lacking when it comes to finance but we've always wanted to be shrewd when it comes to spending. Not a always got it right but when we have, we've absolutely nailed it (Vardy, Kante and Mahrez being the glaring examples). 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Tielemans signing permanently would be my first choice too. 

And then a striker because Okazaki is leaving and that leaves us with only Vardy and Ulloa. 

I do wonder if our spending will be restricted given we've just paid out for new training ground and have a stadium expansion in the pipeline though. Not that we're lacking when it comes to finance but we've always wanted to be shrewd when it comes to spending. Not a always got it right but when we have, we've absolutely nailed it (Vardy, Kante and Mahrez being the glaring examples). 

Oh I’m sure that will have at least some impact on your spending, unfortunately. I think every club but City and PSG & the Spanish giants would have their spending impacted by stuff like that 

Archived