talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Köln win 2. Bundesliga

They are up 4-0 on Furth with just over a half hour to play. All they need is a point to clinch. 

This thing is over and the best team clearly from start to finish has overcome of bumps lately to clinch the title. 

Congrats and welcome back :congrats:

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Welcome back, Effzeh! ^_^ Lived up to expectations in the end despite struggling a bit at times, well done. Happy for Kainz and hope he stays in the Bundesliga next season.

Well done to the guys and the goat!  Best thing about it is that next season young Herr Geiss will be able to come back and show the prats in Gelsenkirchen that he is three times at least better than the mid-field garbage we have - but they said he wasn't good enough for us.  Midfield history - bye bye Johannes, Ivan, Julien,  Mesut, Max, Leon, Ilkay, Alexander,  - I wonder where they are now?  I can't think of any other club who have let their Academy players go to find regular first team places at other clubs when we were unable to keep them - for whatever reason, but basically totally bad management.

2 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Well done to the guys and the goat!  Best thing about it is that next season young Herr Geiss will be able to come back and show the prats in Gelsenkirchen that he is three times at least better than the mid-field garbage we have - but they said he wasn't good enough for us.  Midfield history - bye bye Johannes, Ivan, Julien,  Mesut, Max, Leon, Ilkay, Alexander,  - I wonder where they are now?  I can't think of any other club who have let their Academy players go to find regular first team places at other clubs when we were unable to keep them - for whatever reason, but basically totally bad management.

Well let's see Johannes ( Geis) played with second tier Köln, Julian (Draxler) warms the bench at PSG, the same do Thilo (Kehrer) at the same club and Mesut (Özil) at Arsenal, Max Meyer made 28 league and three League cup matches for an average Crystal Palace and the one you didn't mention Benedikt (Höwedes) played 14 matches with Locomotive Moscow this season after having played three matches for Juventus last season. That doesn't read as if the Schalke drop outs were those worldbeaters you always suggest. By the way neither of Kevin Trapp, Philipp Wollscheid, Mike Frantz, Erik Durm or Patrick Herrmann still plays with Saarbrücken. I might be wrong but I seem to remember Toni Kroos isn't playing with Hansa Rostock anymore either. Players leave the club that nurtured them, that's just the way it is.

Delighted for Köln. It’s a shame it’s tailed off a bit lately on the pitch and something’s gone on off the pitch that’s led to Markus Anfang’s departure but promotion was vital and thankfully, it’s been achieved at the first time of asking. 

Hi my Saarbrucken supporter friend!

Sorry you seem to have slightly missed my point!  All those - on or off the bench or misused(abused)  by old man Hodgson are still far better than anything we have replaced them with.  I am sure that your guys would let a player go - either up or down - when and if you had something better waiting to come in. The Uk clubs have a habit of playing musical chairs with managers - irrespective of how useless they are if the name seems to fit but to do that with good players is difficult to even start and justify. I'm sure if you were offered any of those in my list - or any of those playing for 04 at present you would find it difficult to even think of looking at the present 04 list!  Even young Ayhan playing for Tommy would find it easy to get into his old side down the road!

Archived