Jump to content
talkfootball365
  • Welcome!

    Tired of Kevins and Karens on Facebook and other social media platforms?

    Our forum is completely focused on football and moderated to keep discussions civil. Sound good? Sign up!

MLB 2017/18 Thread


football forum
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sign up to remove this ad.
On 4/23/2017 at 3:32 AM, ATL said:

Do any of you even care? It's a somewhat big deal here in Atlanta with the Braves. 

Braves are currently winning 3-2 against the Phillies. A win here would be nice. 

I care! I'm a Diamondbacks fan and you're going straight on my ignore list if you even think about mentioning Dansby Swanson :ph34r:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

I care! I'm a Diamondbacks fan and you're going straight on my ignore list if you even think about mentioning Dansby Swanson :ph34r:

...haha

We suck so whatever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2017 at 2:25 AM, Spike said:

Knocking down Turner was a disgrace.

Turner Field only opened 20 years ago. That's shocking when you consider there are football grounds in this country that have been in use for well over a century. Incredibly wasteful.

 

After a promising start to the season, Shelby Miller's having Tommy John surgery :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 4/28/2017 at 9:25 PM, Spike said:

Knocking down Turner was a disgrace.

Except that the city did NOTHING around the field. If you left on the South Side of the Stadium, you were fucked. I think the whole thing was stupid, and moving to Cobb is just a cluster, but if you go to a game, it's actually a great area they have made around the stadium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So basically we were a one man team, thankfully that man is the greatest player on the planet, but he's out for 2 months.

Somehow we're hovering around .500 not far off the second wild card in the AL but it's a miracle to be honest. We've had an easy schedule and our pitching and makeshift bullpen has been excellent on the whole. The hitting has been woeful.

We've been so unlucky with injuries - a whole starting rotation down with TJ and injury. Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano - half the backend of the pen, Street, Bailey and Bedrosian. Now Maybin has gone done too - and with no Trout it's just a shambles. 

I hate baseball sometimes. The Hamilton contract is finally coming off the books next year so we should have more flexibility. I think Eppler has done a really good job building a pen from other people's waste, and JC Ramirez has been incredible since being picked up from the Reds and converted to starter. We've also slowly started rebuilding a farm system that was pretty dire.

We need to start putting together a winning team though if we have any chance of keeping Trout 4 years down the line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Eco said:

Except that the city did NOTHING around the field. If you left on the South Side of the Stadium, you were fucked. I think the whole thing was stupid, and moving to Cobb is just a cluster, but if you go to a game, it's actually a great area they have made around the stadium.

Doesn't really matter because Turner was a fine ball park and taking the Marta to Atlanta is easier than Marietta. It has really alienated fans on the south and west side of Atlanta.  Not a Braves fan but I do always go to a game when the Cubs are in town.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Spike said:

Doesn't really matter because Turner was a fine ball park and taking the Marta to Atlanta is easier than Marietta. It has really alienated fans on the south and west side of Atlanta.  Not a Braves fan but I do always go to a game when the Cubs are in town.

Yeah, I hate MARTA so I don't even take it to United games.

Turner was better for tailgating, and a great stadium, but Sun Trust definitely has it's perks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah, I hate MARTA so I don't even take it to United games.

Turner was better for tailgating, and a great stadium, but Sun Trust definitely has it's perks.

I've never been to Suntrust. Besides, 'Turner' is a better name!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I've never been to Suntrust. Besides, 'Turner' is a better name!

You should go. You should also go to a United Game.

Since the wife is pregnant, we won't be able to go to many more games, so if you interested, I can cut you a deal on our tickets.

1 minute ago, Dickie said:

I got fast talked into getting a mets game plan....

Gross. Mets are ghey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Eco said:

You should go. You should also go to a United Game.

Since the wife is pregnant, we won't be able to go to many more games, so if you interested, I can cut you a deal on our tickets.

Gross. Mets are ghey

RIGHT?!?!?! Guy walks in and is like so you a mets fan? I'm just like no die hard phillies phan, next thing I know I was shaking his hands and I had mets tickets....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dickie said:

RIGHT?!?!?! Guy walks in and is like so you a mets fan? I'm just like no die hard phillies phan, next thing I know I was grabbing his dick and I had mets tickets....

Wow, that's one hell of a way to get tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eco said:

You should go. You should also go to a United Game.

Since the wife is pregnant, we won't be able to go to many more games, so if you interested, I can cut you a deal on our tickets.

Gross. Mets are ghey

:o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Storts said:

So basically we were a one man team, thankfully that man is the greatest player on the planet, but he's out for 2 months.

Somehow we're hovering around .500 not far off the second wild card in the AL but it's a miracle to be honest. We've had an easy schedule and our pitching and makeshift bullpen has been excellent on the whole. The hitting has been woeful.

We've been so unlucky with injuries - a whole starting rotation down with TJ and injury. Richards, Skaggs, Heaney, Tropeano - half the backend of the pen, Street, Bailey and Bedrosian. Now Maybin has gone done too - and with no Trout it's just a shambles. 

I hate baseball sometimes. The Hamilton contract is finally coming off the books next year so we should have more flexibility. I think Eppler has done a really good job building a pen from other people's waste, and JC Ramirez has been incredible since being picked up from the Reds and converted to starter. We've also slowly started rebuilding a farm system that was pretty dire.

We need to start putting together a winning team though if we have any chance of keeping Trout 4 years down the line. 

Tough break Storts - tell me more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Spike said:

The American League is shit and hides behind 'parity'. Oooh, look at our league everyone has .500 - that is because they are shit teams. 

The National League is so boring. Can't wait for the day they bring in the DH. Hate inter league games at NL Parks so much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

lol the NL outhits the AL, son. 

It may do, but it's not enjoyable for me. I hate watching the pitcher come up and rally killing at bats. I want to see the 9 best hitters on a team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

It may do, but it's not enjoyable for me. I hate watching the pitcher come up and rally killing at bats. I want to see the 9 best hitters on a team. 

NL > AL

Nothing is better than watching Big Sexy hit. 

A quality hitting pitcher is rare, but they have been around and they are awesome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Eco said:

NL > AL

Nothing is better than watching Big Sexy hit. 

A quality hitting pitcher is rare, but they have been around and they are awesome. 

Colón is funny. Ryu is as well, especially running bases. As a dodger fan I still love Matt Kemp and I´m happy to see he´s doing well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

The DH rule is for simpletons.

Bartolo Colón is a cunt.

Why do you think Bartolo is a cunt? I think he is fun character, good for the game. Having said that, I don´t think he should´ve won the Cy Young in 2005 (?) and I also don´t think he´s a capable MLB pitcher anymore.

 

What´s your team, by the way?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

Why do you think Bartolo is a cunt? I think he is fun character, good for the game. Having said that, I don´t think he should´ve won the Cy Young in 2005 (?) and I also don´t think he´s a capable MLB pitcher anymore.

 

What´s your team, by the way?

Had a secret second family, failed to pay them child support.

https://nypost.com/2016/05/18/bartolo-colons-double-life-with-secret-family/

Also the PED thing (and he's absolutely nauseating to look at)

 

Diamondbacks. Ironically, we'd benefit from the DH rule with how terrible Yasmany Tomás is in the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Had a secret second family, failed to pay them child support.

https://nypost.com/2016/05/18/bartolo-colons-double-life-with-secret-family/

Also the PED thing (and he's absolutely nauseating to look at)

 

Diamondbacks. Ironically, we'd benefit from the DH rule with how terrible Yasmany Tomás is in the field.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that´s not nice. 

The Dodgers also would benefit, they have a guy in the minors, Willie Calhoun, he can flat out hit but is worse than Daniel Murphy at 2nd,  a butcher. 

Do you think the DBacks are for real? As a dodger fan, I´m still more worried about the Rockies, but you just keep winning. Goldie and Pollock are great players.

Edited by El_Loco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

football forum
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Sign up to remove this ad.


×
×
  • Create New...