talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Relegation Battle

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rightful three dropped. Sunderland have deserved it for years, Middlesbrough were far too negative and Hull don't have enough quality.

Knew Hull would be a waste of time this point last year before they played Sheff Wed in the playoff final. I expected a bit more from Boro admittedly.

Have to say, Burnley really surprised me. Really toughed it out and grafted for their top flight status. Full respect to them because they have a very limited team IMO.

Burnley have gone about their business really well, didn't overspend the first season they were up, used their money wisely in the Championship, have a lot of younger players with potential and with price tags. Hopefully Dyche can make them more expansive as you can only play the small team, park the bus for so long.

Glad Swansea stayed up, they've been bad for a couple of seasons but mostly in the Prem they have been a good side with a good track record of signing decent players. Be interesting to see how Clement gets on next season after all of the hype.

Its a shame Palace stayed up but I guess you'd rather them than Hull or Boro, they've been such a boring side with shit managers and whilst they won't be near a relegation fight anytime soon with Allardyce, the last entertaining side he had was at Bolton.

What do you define as exciting, Danny? Id argue given the manner of our wins against the top six in recent years, the skill of Yannick and Wilf, the FA Cup run, the atmosphere created by the Fanatics, and the desire of Puncheon, Delaney and Jedi we've been anything but boring.

Archived