• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Junior Firpo - Liverpool To Trigger Release Clause

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

@SirBalon please shed some light :D

Real Betis left-back Junior Firpo has been identified as Moreno's replacement. 

Barca also interested. 

Yeah, alot of talk on this but I’m not so sure if he’s at that level imo.

Quality full-backs are in short supply and it seems it’s all about trial and error.

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Quality full-backs are in short supply and it seems it’s all about trial and error.

He would only really be back up to Robertson to be fair so plenty of time to learn I suppose. 

20 hours ago, Harry said:

Hopefully the release clause isn't high then. 

45m apparently (can't remember if that was Euros or Pounds, and cba to look it up because there's basically no difference these days). If we're spending that much, I think Klopp's got bigger plans for him than just backup left back. Depth for the front 3 as well?

14 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

45m apparently (can't remember if that was Euros or Pounds, and cba to look it up because there's basically no difference these days). If we're spending that much, I think Klopp's got bigger plans for him than just backup left back. Depth for the front 3 as well?

That's an alarmingly high price for a backup LB. I guess I'll hope this story is bollocks or that there's more than meets the eye with this one.

Not sure if Liverpool or Barcelona it's the right place to go as he's young. Spending your precious time on bench... isn't the best thing I would do for my carrer. Better stay where you are at the moment.

On 21/06/2019 at 13:56, SirBalon said:

I wouldn't say its trial and error.

Obviously clubs now scout players beyond belief, then a manager and his coaches need the confidence and belief that they can develop a player into what they want. 

I think Klopp and his staff have done a pretty good job so far in this field. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I wouldn't say its trial and error.

Obviously clubs now scout players beyond belief, then a manager and his coaches need the confidence and belief that they can develop a player into what they want. 

I think Klopp and his staff have done a pretty good job so far in this field. 

I say "trial and error" due to the many many examples of very good players failing in so many transfers in recent years mate.

23 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I say "trial and error" due to the many many examples of very good players failing in so many transfers in recent years mate.

Fair enough but bias aside, Klopp and Edwards do have a pretty impeccable record when it comes to transfers and coaching.

• The title was changed to Junior Firpo - Liverpool To Trigger Release Clause
1 hour ago, Drew said:

Not sure if Liverpool or Barcelona it's the right place to go as he's young. Spending your precious time on bench... isn't the best thing I would do for my carrer. Better stay where you are at the moment.

I agree.

At either of these clubs, he’s going to be #2 in the pecking order at LB. And apparently this kid is a very attacking left back who’s also played on the wing, so the rumoured plan for him (by our fans mind you, so this could be absolute bollocks) is he’d be cover at LB/LW.

And even, in his preferred position or outside of his preferred position... he’s pretty clearly going to be second choice (third possibly, considering we’re most likely going in for another attacker above anyone else - and I don’t see it being this kid).

Although if he joins us, regardless if he believes he can win a starting spot over Robertson or Mane (lol, but can’t see some kid taking over from 2 of our best players; but I guess you want to sign a player that has belief in his abilities rather than someone unconfident) - he should still expect not to get much time on the pitch in his first season. Klopp bloods players in slowly and only really starts them when he’s comfortable they work well in our system, which is pretty demanding of our players.

But if I were in his shoes, I’d look at both club’s starting lineup and think to myself “I should probably stay or go somewhere I play more - if I keep improving then I’ll get my chance for a big move in a year or so.” That way I’ll at least get to play regular first team football for a year or so, which is the most important thing for a young footballer honing his talents.

• The topic was locked

Archived