talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Women's World Cup - Semi-Finals

Just now, Bluewolf said:

There is a sad cloud of doom and despair about all things England when it comes to football.... If failure was a cancer we would be riddled with it.. 

Death and England not winning anything are the only two certainties in life...  

USA are the best in the world...it's not like you're might lose to Thailand. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'd be shocked if this game's result changes in any way now. The US have just won their next WC. Congrats.

Ha - no way. 

This game isn't over. 

The Dutch and Swede have the ability to beat anyone in the world. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha - no way. 

This game isn't over. 

The Dutch and Swede have the ability to beat anyone in the world. 

I've been saying it since the knockouts you'll are going to win this WC (by that I mean whoever comes from this side of the semis). Neither of those two teams can turn the energy up like you'll.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I've been saying it since the knockouts you'll are going to win this WC. Neither of those two teams can turn the energy up like you'll.

We lost a WC to a much less talented Japanese team. 

Nothing is given, and we are a little less scary if we don't have Lavelle in the final. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

USA are the best in the world...it's not like you're might lose to Thailand. 

I have been around a long time... I have had kids of my own that have grown up to have kids of their own and England are still yet to win something in that time... For a country that has it as it's number one sport we sure are rubbish at it when it matters...  We can but dream.. 

Congratulations USA

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I have been around a long time... I have had kids of my own that have grown up to have kids of their own and England are still yet to win something in that time... For a country that has it as it's number one sport we sure are rubbish at it when it matters...  We can but dream.. 

Congratulations USA

Yeah we've also invented so many sports only for our former colonies to be better than us at them... pretty annoying tbh

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

We lost a WC to a much less talented Japanese team. 

Nothing is given, and we are a little less scary if we don't have Lavelle in the final. 

The first time you'll met in Germany that was a much better Japanese team than the second time around imo. They had a better striker/midfielder than the rest of the pack as well. Going to penalties maybe what should have happened in the end but I had fewer doubts that they were the best team at that tournament than the one in Vancouver. I still think you'll are going to win it unless by some change of fortune things just spiral out of control which I can't see happening. 

4 hours ago, 6666 said:

Alex Morgan with the racist celebration. Sad. If FIFA had any morals they'd kick these diving MAGA knobheads out of the competition and reinstate the mighty England.

What racist celebration? xD

Alex Morgan is the type to bring out chopsticks after scoring against an East Asian team. And she's a Neymar level of cheat. Disgusting woman and the USWNT have generally been a dislikeable team this tournament.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Alex Morgan is the type to bring out chopsticks after scoring against an East Asian team. And she's a Neymar level of cheat. Disgusting woman and the USWNT have generally been a dislikeable team this tournament.

I'm not sure where you are getting all that...? We have a distinct history with England for obvious reasons, and so here celebration what drinking tea...to far....eh, maybe for snowflakes, but if you finding someone drinking tea as being offensive, you might be wound too tight. 

Disgusting woman? Please explain, and she isn't much of a diver, but has constantly gotten pelted all tournament long. She doesn't roll and roll and roll around screaming for a penalty, no, she goes down after getting hit in the head in the box, after getting a stiff hand to the face, after getting cleats straight into the shin which lead to a red card. But please, tell me how she 'cheats'. 

I think we are a bit boring at time given to amount of talent we have...and I think some people are upset with some of our players not singing the national anthem, but I'm not sure how this team can be seen as truly unlikable UNLESS you are just going to point out the fact that we scored 17 goals against a really poor Thai team and celebrated each goal.

18 minutes ago, Eco said:

I'm not sure where you are getting all that...? We have a distinct history with England for obvious reasons, and so here celebration what drinking tea...to far....eh, maybe for snowflakes, but if you finding someone drinking tea as being offensive, you might be wound too tight. 

Disgusting woman? Please explain, and she isn't much of a diver, but has constantly gotten pelted all tournament long. She doesn't roll and roll and roll around screaming for a penalty, no, she goes down after getting hit in the head in the box, after getting a stiff hand to the face, after getting cleats straight into the shin which lead to a red card. But please, tell me how she 'cheats'. 

I think we are a bit boring at time given to amount of talent we have...and I think some people are upset with some of our players not singing the national anthem, but I'm not sure how this team can be seen as truly unlikable UNLESS you are just going to point out the fact that we scored 17 goals against a really poor Thai team and celebrated each goal.

You're taking this way too seriously. xD

Alex Morgan is a cheat though. That part is true.

Fouling a player by holding them back and then falling like a turd. She's a hero though, everyone with an American flag on their uniform automatically is... 

Can't believe you support racist cheats.

:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

You're taking this way too seriously. xD

Alex Morgan is a cheat though. That part is true.

Fouling a player by holding them back and then falling like a turd. She's a hero though, everyone with an American flag on their uniform automatically is... 

Can't believe you support racist cheats.

Hide contents   Hide contents

:ph34r:

Ha - all players embellish plays to get the call, it's no different with Alex Morgan than it is with Messi, Ronaldo, and anyone else player ATM. Name me a player who has played more than 5 years, and I'll find you a video of him/her embellishing a call. 

The real crimes are when players 'over' do it to where it's ridiculous....just like Neymar, the king of being ridiculous and as you put it, being a 'turd'.

15 hours ago, Eco said:

Eh... I think Morgan and Rapinoe are plenty dislikeable and as the face of your team I think that makes the team pretty dislikeable as a result.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Panna King said:

I am looking forward to our game later, hope we can beat Sweden and I am sure the whole world will be behind us against the USA. 

Dont think Sweden will be any pushovers but I think you'll will come through just fine.

1 hour ago, Panna King said:

I am looking forward to our game later, hope we can beat Sweden and I am sure the whole world will be behind us against the USA. 

I wouldn't mind them taking a tumble in the final to be honest, fair enough they have been good enough to get there but the way they have behaved sometimes with their over the top celebrations like against Thailand left a lot to be desired... that has hardly endeared me to their cause and I am sure I am not the only one who feels like that... 

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Eh... I think Morgan and Rapinoe are plenty dislikeable and as the face of your team I think that makes the team pretty dislikeable as a result.

I could honestly say that I have zero idea why...

11 minutes ago, Eco said:

I could honestly say that I have zero idea why...

Why they're dislikeable? Because they have this unreal arrogance about them. They're basically the exact opposite of the US Mens team, who are humble and likeable (granted, they're not the best team in mens world football, while the US womens team is). Like I'm astounded that Rapinoe is so unlikeable that even while the orange moron who sits in the Oval Office is tweeting that she's gotten under his skin (which is, quite frankly, hilarious), even I can't get on board with her.

With mens football, you don't even see the traditionally great sides like Germany, Brazil, France, Italy talk about themselves with the same sort of arrogance that the US womens team does. Especially in the middle of a World Cup.

I think a lot of British people living in the UK feel the same way about the 2 US national teams - we've got a lot of time and respect for the US Mens team. We think the US womens team are insufferable. And celebrating each goal after the 5th or 6th goal against Thailand like they were crucial goals I think really cemented that. But I wonder if the US mens team would adopt a similar attitude if they were actually a good side that could contend for the World Cup? I hope they wouldn't, as it's incredibly off putting.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why they're dislikeable? Because they have this unreal arrogance about them. They're basically the exact opposite of the US Mens team, who are humble and likeable (granted, they're not the best team in mens world football, while the US womens team is). Like I'm astounded that Rapinoe is so unlikeable that even while the orange moron who sits in the Oval Office is tweeting that she's gotten under his skin (which is, quite frankly, hilarious), even I can't get on board with her.

With mens football, you don't even see the traditionally great sides like Germany, Brazil, France, Italy talk about themselves with the same sort of arrogance that the US womens team does. Especially in the middle of a World Cup.

I think a lot of British people living in the UK feel the same way about the 2 US national teams - we've got a lot of time and respect for the US Mens team. We think the US womens team are insufferable. And celebrating each goal after the 5th or 6th goal against Thailand like they were crucial goals I think really cemented that. But I wonder if the US mens team would adopt a similar attitude if they were actually a good side that could contend for the World Cup? I hope they wouldn't, as it's incredibly off putting.

I can see how people were put off by the goal celebrations, but I guess I don't read the news or tabloids enough because I keep seeing us console the team after losing, in particular Morgan going to the lady who missed the PK at the end of the match. Do I think they are arrogant? Sure, but they have been the most dominant team the past decade in a global sport. I would say the same goes for Barca, Man City, PSG, Real Madrid, and other teams that absolutely dominated for a period of time. I have no issue with a little arrogance based off your performance that you have worked your whole life for. The Thai celebrations were a bit much, but I've addressed that already, as this World Cup would so built up, and we were the last team to play in the first round, and emotions probably got the best of them. 

Are they player supposed to remain quiet when they are asked how they will celebrate or if they will go to the WH IF they win? No, they aren't bringing it up. 

It's like when people say that Alabama football, and New England Patriots are 'cocky' and 'arrogant'. No, they are just better than the competition and have been for a long time, and so all that is based on them killing their competition. 

58 minutes ago, Eco said:

Are they player supposed to remain quiet when they are asked how they will celebrate or if they will go to the WH IF they win? No, they aren't bringing it up. 

You could say something like "We'll worry about that when/if it comes to that" to not come off as an arrogant dickhead though.

Archived