talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Making Music

football forum

1 hour ago, Mpache said:

Asked for a refund on the interface. Amazon just took too long and continue to lie. So I found a store that could have the same product ready in less than 2 days.

If you fan find a good local music equipment store, it's usually worth supporting them. You can usually get around 15-25% off (on the more expensive stuff) if you pay in cash too. Imo it's always better to support good local stores than the big national/international stores. Especially with music stuff - because there's usually a benefit for the customer as well.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

I tell you what, as a person who enjoys Rick's videos this is stupid. It's just absurd how much the copyright law is broken in the name of money and how they think that a guy who is promoting a band, talking about music technicalities and actually educating audiences is doing something wrong to the point of a copyright strike. 

Most of these bands started out playing music from other bands. The next logical step is to take interviews from all kinds of musicians and say "oh but you said you listened to XYZ and loved playing their music. Okay, now cough up some $$$ because you used their music to get your first start"

• Upvote 1

Wasn’t sure where to post this but... looks like Dave Mustaine is joining Gibson. And it looks like there will be 3 possible models of this signature line: Gibson, Epiphone, and... Kramer.

I thought Kramer was a dead brand. I remember seeing second hand models in the 90s.

Gotta say... I’m intrigued. I’m usually not big on signature guitars, but I used to want his Jackson model & his ESP (never really played a Dean I liked, so I didn’t care when he went with them). But I think I’ll probably buy one of these.

If the Kramer is the pointiest model, that’s probably the one I’ll get.

• Upvote 1

On 21/02/2021 at 16:12, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this but... looks like Dave Mustaine is joining Gibson. And it looks like there will be 3 possible models of this signature line: Gibson, Epiphone, and... Kramer.

I thought Kramer was a dead brand. I remember seeing second hand models in the 90s.

Gotta say... I’m intrigued. I’m usually not big on signature guitars, but I used to want his Jackson model & his ESP (never really played a Dean I liked, so I didn’t care when he went with them). But I think I’ll probably buy one of these.

If the Kramer is the pointiest model, that’s probably the one I’ll get.

Gibson seems like a strange one, not really he's style :35_thinking: ..i always imagine dave with a white rhoads like mine

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2021 at 10:45, Happy Blue said:

I was only really into early Megadeth, his voice got annoying 😂

Early Megadeth is for sure the best Megadeth. In the middle of their “golden era” they make a sudden turn towards radio friendly rock. Metallica did the same around the same time tbh.

His voice now is awful xD - the last time I saw them live it was so strange compared to the first time I saw them. Still a good live show mind you

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Early Megadeth is for sure the best Megadeth. In the middle of their “golden era” they make a sudden turn towards radio friendly rock. Metallica did the same around the same time tbh.

His voice now is awful xD - the last time I saw them live it was so strange compared to the first time I saw them. Still a good live show mind you

Apart from a few songs i've never really liked his voice even before all the drugs fucked him up! :4_joy:  ...the guitars though, that's a different story  ..speaking of guitars, my new one is finally ready (made to order) and i should have it by Monday B|

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Apart from a few songs i've never really liked his voice even before all the drugs fucked him up! :4_joy:  ...the guitars though, that's a different story  ..speaking of guitars, my new one is finally ready (made to order) and i should have it by Monday B|

His guitar playing has always been miles better than his voice for sure xD

tbh I don’t really listen to metal for “the vocals” - I just view it as another instrument

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

His guitar playing has always been miles better than his voice for sure xD

tbh I don’t really listen to metal for “the vocals” - I just view it as another instrument

Wonder what Megadeth would sound like with Hetfield on vocals :35_thinking::4_joy:

• Haha 1

My new guitar arrived! :D first thing i did was chuck the stock strings in the bin and fit a nice beefy set of 10's and tuned it to D standard  ..the stock Jackson highout pickups sounded a bit dull on my Peavey 6505mh but with my overdrive pedal in front of it they sound hot as fuck, comparable to my EMG 81 actives ..i was going to spend £200 on a new pickup set but this has made me realize that pickups don't really matter that much and the money would be better spent on pedals etc to give you the sound you want ..the Nazgul's do look gnarly though if i just wanted my guitar to look better :35_thinking: 

7fi9kPS.jpg

• Upvote 2

Today I recorded myself singing some Bossa Nova, and I remember why I stopped music. Or at least looking for a brand new style. It's not because I think I'm bad, but rather because the times I think I sound good, people don't agree, and the times I think I sound awful, people think I sound good. And I can't be dealing with that reverse psychology nonsense. My judgement in this industry hasn't been good, so I've lost all motivation to continue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2021 at 15:55, Mpache said:

Today I recorded myself singing some Bossa Nova, and I remember why I stopped music. Or at least looking for a brand new style. It's not because I think I'm bad, but rather because the times I think I sound good, people don't agree, and the times I think I sound awful, people think I sound good. And I can't be dealing with that reverse psychology nonsense. My judgement in this industry hasn't been good, so I've lost all motivation to continue.

You’re just starting out. It’s normal to get disillusioned making music. You’ve got to keep at it to get any better. 

I picked up my SG for the first time in far too long. The ESP & Jackson have me a bit spoiled, but I forgot how fucking good this guitar is. New strings and a bit of a setup adjustment and...I’m back in love with the fucking thing.

The Gibson Dirty Fingers pickups are mental. I don’t know why more guitars don’t have them, I think it’s an absolutely brilliant pickup. Actually quite versatile for such a high output pickup.

• 2 weeks later...