talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

André Silva - Loaned to Eintracht Frankfurt

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ac-milan-schalke-interested-in-andre-silva-the-details-37110

Schalke are reportedly interested in bringing in Portuguese international striker Andre Silva on loan from AC Milan. The intial loan payment is reported to be around 5 million with an option to buy Silva outright at the end of the season. Silva looks like a young striker who could really benefit Schalke over the long term, if they manage to get this deal over the line.

• The title was changed to Andre Silva - Schalke to Loan Striker?
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.football-italia.net/143692/rebic-andre-silva-swap-milan

Several sources state that Eintracht Frankfurt are very close to signing Andre Silva on loan, with an option to buy him at the end of the season. While at the same time, Ante Rebic is going on loan to AC Milan with an obligation to buy him at the end of the season. This swap deal is apparently close to being concluded.

• The title was changed to André Silva - Frankfurt Loan
13 hours ago, Spike said:

Wait till he starts missing goals on purpose becase he doesn't want to stay in Germany permanetly. Good luck, Frankfurt.

Why do you presume that he does that? Frankfurt are actually a club on the up as shown by certain deals. This deal goes to show that there is a firm and ambitious strategy at the club. 

Silva will be joining Paciencia another Portuguese international at Frankfurt, which should help his settling in at the club. If Silva does play up in the future as you suggest, then Frankfurt and Bobic will find some answers(a suitable replacement), as the club have done for  while now with any hurdles they have encountered.

7 hours ago, Michael said:

Why do you presume that he does that? Frankfurt are actually a club on the up as shown by certain deals. This deal goes to show that there is a firm and ambitious strategy at the club. 

Silva will be joining Paciencia another Portuguese international at Frankfurt, which should help his settling in at the club. If Silva does play up in the future as you suggest, then Frankfurt and Bobic will find some answers(a suitable replacement), as the club have done for  while now with any hurdles they have encountered.

Because he did it at Sevilla, nothing at all to do with Frankfurt.

2 hours ago, Berserker said:

Why would he do that?, if he didn't actually want to stay he could just refuse instead of nonsensically ruining his reputation and career.

Not many are intellectual powerhouses like you and I.

42 minutes ago, Machado said:

Believe it or not, he doesn't miss on purpose. He's just not very good...

That was a funny comeback, I'll give you that. You are clearly not his biggest fan.

But from what I have seen of him, he has a lot of natural talent. If deployed properly, he can be a real asset. As Bobic said, he is suited to Frankfurt's way of playing. Silva is a typical centre forward and a very good one at that. I can envisage him getting onto the end of the crosses from Kostic and Da Costa to score goals. 

Andre Silva is only 23, yet he has already scored 15 international goals for Portugal, with a ratio of a goal every two games, where he has scored against teams like Italy, Poland and Switzerland. Paciencia I deam as an excellent striker, yet his record for Portugal can't even compare to what Silva has achieved. Silva has the best scoring record in the national team, compared to all the other current players after Ronaldo.

At only 20 years old, he was regarded as potentially becoming the best forward in the world. He was Porto's top scorer in his last season there. Then when he joined AC Milan in 2017, he was being touted as a player who would become the best in Italy. He didn't have the greatest time in his first season in Italy, in total he scored 10 goals in 40 games in all competitions, but he was mostly used as a substitute.

He may not of had the best first season at Milan, but perhaps he should of been given more of a chance by his then manager. In any case, it is relatively understandable if a 21 year old like Silva, doesn't have the best of season's in a new country, at an underachieving club where the expectations are sky high. It should be noted that Silva actually had some great games during that season, but his overall season, didn't meet the huge expectations that the media and fans were perhaps anticipating.

When he was loaned out to Seville last season, he was absolutely on fire for them at the start of the season. Silva scored a hat-trick in his first La Liga match away to Rayo Vallecano, in a 1-4 win for Seville. Silva would then score again in his 5th league match against Levante, after Seville went 3 league games without them scoring. In Silva's 6th league game against Real Madrid, Silva scored twice, inspriring Seville to a 3-0 win over Real Madrid. Silva would score yet again in his 7th league game against Eibar. But soon after that Silva got injured and the rest of his season would be plagued by injuries. So despite a super start at Seville, his succesful season at Seville was stunted by injuries.

I think that taking everything into account, there is little doubt that Silva is still a quality player, who at 23, has the potential to become even better than he currently is. If Silva can stay away from injuries, I think he could become a huge success in a Frankfurt team that suits his style of play. From what I have seen of him, Silva looks like the complete centre forward. He's strong in the air, he holds the ball up well, he has great technique and he's an excellent finisher of chances.

Frankfurt have a tradition of helping highly rated youngsters fulfil their great promise. We did it with Jovic, Rebic and Haller. In fact Silva is like a direct replacement for Haller, as he is the player that Silva is most similar to in style of play. If Silva can avoid serious injuries, then I can definitely see him become a success at Frankfurt and potentially become that world class forward that everyone said he would be.

The latest reports of this deal suggested that Andre Silva has gone on loan to Frankfurt for 2 seasons and Rebic has gone on loan at AC Milan for 2 seasons. But is there an option to buy each of these players at the end of their loan deals?

It seems a little strange for them to go on loan for 2 seasons without having an option to buy. I wonder how this deal is going to work out in the long term. I think it would of been in Frankfurt's interest to have had an option to buy clause, in the loan contract.

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, Michael said:

The latest reports of this deal suggested that Andre Silva has gone on loan to Frankfurt for 2 seasons and Rebic has gone on loan at AC Milan for 2 seasons. But is there an option to buy each of these players at the end of their loan deals?

It seems a little strange for them to go on loan for 2 seasons without having an option to buy. I wonder how this deal is going to work out in the long term. I think it would of been in Frankfurt's interest to have had an option to buy clause, in the loan contract.

Frankenbach confirmed today that currently there is indeed no option to buy for either of those players. He said that such clause could still be agreed upon at any time within duration of the loan.

A bit weird indeed.

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Frankenbach confirmed today that currently there is indeed no option to buy for either of those players. He said that such clause could still be agreed upon at any time within duration of the loan.

A bit weird indeed.

Yeah, it's a very strange deal. '

In theory, Rebic could return to Frankfurt in 2 years time and Silva could return to AC Milan in 2 years time. Even though they probably don't want to return to their parent clubs.

On 03/09/2019 at 15:13, Michael said:

That was a funny comeback, I'll give you that. You are clearly not his biggest fan.

But from what I have seen of him, he has a lot of natural talent. If deployed properly, he can be a real asset. As Bobic said, he is suited to Frankfurt's way of playing. Silva is a typical centre forward and a very good one at that. I can envisage him getting onto the end of the crosses from Kostic and Da Costa to score goals. 

Andre Silva is only 23, yet he has already scored 15 international goals for Portugal, with a ratio of a goal every two games, where he has scored against teams like Italy, Poland and Switzerland. Paciencia I deam as an excellent striker, yet his record for Portugal can't even compare to what Silva has achieved. Silva has the best scoring record in the national team, compared to all the other current players after Ronaldo.

At only 20 years old, he was regarded as potentially becoming the best forward in the world. He was Porto's top scorer in his last season there. Then when he joined AC Milan in 2017, he was being touted as a player who would become the best in Italy. He didn't have the greatest time in his first season in Italy, in total he scored 10 goals in 40 games in all competitions, but he was mostly used as a substitute.

He may not of had the best first season at Milan, but perhaps he should of been given more of a chance by his then manager. In any case, it is relatively understandable if a 21 year old like Silva, doesn't have the best of season's in a new country, at an underachieving club where the expectations are sky high. It should be noted that Silva actually had some great games during that season, but his overall season, didn't meet the huge expectations that the media and fans were perhaps anticipating.

When he was loaned out to Seville last season, he was absolutely on fire for them at the start of the season. Silva scored a hat-trick in his first La Liga match away to Rayo Vallecano, in a 1-4 win for Seville. Silva would then score again in his 5th league match against Levante, after Seville went 3 league games without them scoring. In Silva's 6th league game against Real Madrid, Silva scored twice, inspriring Seville to a 3-0 win over Real Madrid. Silva would score yet again in his 7th league game against Eibar. But soon after that Silva got injured and the rest of his season would be plagued by injuries. So despite a super start at Seville, his succesful season at Seville was stunted by injuries.

I think that taking everything into account, there is little doubt that Silva is still a quality player, who at 23, has the potential to become even better than he currently is. If Silva can stay away from injuries, I think he could become a huge success in a Frankfurt team that suits his style of play. From what I have seen of him, Silva looks like the complete centre forward. He's strong in the air, he holds the ball up well, he has great technique and he's an excellent finisher of chances.

Frankfurt have a tradition of helping highly rated youngsters fulfil their great promise. We did it with Jovic, Rebic and Haller. In fact Silva is like a direct replacement for Haller, as he is the player that Silva is most similar to in style of play. If Silva can avoid serious injuries, then I can definitely see him become a success at Frankfurt and potentially become that world class forward that everyone said he would be.

Andre has got decent overall technique I agree, and I have nothing against the guy, but his finishing is far from being clinical. I was harsh in my previous post but you know, I find frustrating the inability of Portuguese strikers in general to be deadly in front of the goal. For too long now we produce very talented players for all positions except for one, and Andre is just another striker.

You have to wonder why he is not being called for the national team. Actually... you don't have to wonder, I already told you.

In the end I think Frankfurt have got themselves three strikers who might not be worth 30 or even 25 goals between them in the Bundesliga.

On 08/09/2019 at 17:40, Machado said:

Andre has got decent overall technique I agree, and I have nothing against the guy, but his finishing is far from being clinical. I was harsh in my previous post but you know, I find frustrating the inability of Portuguese strikers in general to be deadly in front of the goal. For too long now we produce very talented players for all positions except for one, and Andre is just another striker.

You have to wonder why he is not being called for the national team. Actually... you don't have to wonder, I already told you.

In the end I think Frankfurt have got themselves three strikers who might not be worth 30 or even 25 goals between them in the Bundesliga.

Well, have seen him score some very clinical goals and perhaps at other times he hasn't been so clinical. He needs to be consistent and I think that in the past, his injuries have affected his consistency to some degree. 

Andre was in the Portugal national team squad for their last match against Serbia, he just didn't play. Portugal do have a number of highly rated forwards playing for big clubs like Atletico Madrid, Juventus and Valencia, so the competition is tough. Once Silva gets regular football at Frankfurt, I am sure that he will be playing again, his scoring record for the Portugal national team is the best in the team behing Ronaldo. Not that bad for a 23 year old and he has potential to improve as well.

Frankfurt have 3 young forwards who are very decent and who still have potential. Joveljic is a baby, so I wouldn't expect too much from this season, but I do feel that Silva and Paciencia will do well this season. 30 goals between these 2 forwards will be a great achievement from Frankfurt's perspective. The more older and more experienced Bas Dost should get a fair few goals himself, seeing as he scored a bucketload of goals in his time in the Portuguese League playing for Sporting Lisbon.

• 3 months later...

It is looking increasingly likely that Ante Rebic will end his loan spell at AC Milan early and return to Eintracht Frankfurt in January 2020. Rebic hasn't settled well in Milan and his place in the Croatia national team for Euro 2020 is under threat. At Frankfurt it is likely that Rebic would get more games as he would fit into the teams system. Rebic's best position is as a second striker and he would provide good competition for Kamada in this position, if he were to rejoin his parent club Frankfurt.

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/milan-rebic-potentially-to-return-to-eintracht-frankfurt-in-janu-64976

Archived