talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 0-9 Leicester - Friday 25th October, 2019

football forum

8 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Ralph Rabbit Hutch won’t see Monday morning. He’ll be sacked before then and you can’t really have any complaints. 

No way.

He'll be there next weekend for the Man City game. Confident of that.

He's really suffering because of those he's followed. Puel lost the spirit of the team. Pellegrino took away ehat little flair they has and Hughes ruined their defensive structure. Can't be his fault.

Bad recruitment at the club also including players like Carrillo, Vestergaard, Hoedt and Elyounoussi for nearly £75m combined, of which nothing has been recouped to date.

Only bought in Che Adams, who has unfortunately not got going and Djenepro who has been injured. Other than that, spent no money, especially on defence.

He deserves more time clearly. It was a crushing defeat but should not signify his demise IMO.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No way.

He'll be there next weekend for the Man City game. Confident of that.

He's really suffering because of those he's followed. Puel lost the spirit of the team. Pellegrino took away ehat little flair they has and Hughes ruined their defensive structure. Can't be his fault.

Bad recruitment at the club also including players like Carrillo, Vestergaard, Hoedt and Elyounoussi for nearly £75m combined, of which nothing has been recouped to date.

Only bought in Che Adams, who has unfortunately not got going and Djenepro who has been injured. Other than that, spent no money, especially on defence.

He deserves more time clearly. It was a crushing defeat but should not signify his demise IMO.

Haven’t won at home since April and they’ve won five at home in his tenure. Since they last won at home, they’ve conceded 23 and failed to beat conceded 13 in their last two home games. They’re also bottom three and had four different managers since the start of 2018, so they’re a club that don’t let you get your feet under the table.

Once you stop winning in front of your home fans, you effectively sign your own P45 and after a 4-1 and a 9-0, you’re a dead man walking. Interesting run of home games ahead in Everton, Watford, Norwich and West Ham, all crap in their own unique ways. I don’t think he’ll get as far as 14th December (the day of the West Ham game) but they’re four huge games for them now. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Haven’t won at home since April and they’ve won five at home in his tenure. Since they last won at home, they’ve conceded 23 and failed to beat conceded 13 in their last two home games. They’re also bottom three and had four different managers since the start of 2018, so they’re a club that don’t let you get your feet under the table.

Once you stop winning in front of your home fans, you effectively sign your own P45 and after a 4-1 and a 9-0, you’re a dead man walking. Interesting run of home games ahead in Everton, Watford, Norwich and West Ham, all crap in their own unique ways. I don’t think he’ll get as far as 14th December (the day of the West Ham game) but they’re four huge games for them now. 

He definitely won't be gone Monday though.

Deserves more time to turn it round for me, but obviously if he doesn't get results against those teams you mentioned, it starts to become edgy for sure.

If they had to let him go, I'm struggling to find alternatives unless they go foreign.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

Their squad is absolute rubbish isn't it? How did this happen?

They kept selling their good players, called it a good business model, and eventually couldn't keep finding the perfect replacement each time. This was inevitable eventually.

57 minutes ago, Lucas said:

He definitely won't be gone Monday though.

Deserves more time to turn it round for me, but obviously if he doesn't get results against those teams you mentioned, it starts to become edgy for sure.

If they had to let him go, I'm struggling to find alternatives unless they go foreign.

They’ve tended to go foreign for the last couple of years, Hughes the exception, I think they would again. 

• The topic was unpinned

Even tough they conceded early and Bertrand was off early on 0-9 is truly embarrassing. Saints aren't this bad and they have good players. Leicester played well and under Rogers they look like a solid unit. Chelsea drew home with them in a game which we could have easily lost, the Foxes will be a tough tough game against every team in the league.

Archived