talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forums

Just now, The Palace Fan said:

Yes.

I used it to watch all out because it was available through virgin media.  If you pay a monthly fee do you get the ppvs included or is it extra? Got to admit it is annoying when they go to a break and you miss bits. I think I heard it doesn't happen on fite?

More WWE releases. Biggest name is John Morrison. Other names include Tegan Nox, Hit Row, Drake Maverick and Jaxson Ryker.

I don't know why anybody watches that product anymore. Just looking at the state of the replies to Taya Valkriye's tweets just makes me feel that some of these genuinely suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

On 19/11/2021 at 09:47, The Palace Fan said:

More WWE releases. Biggest name is John Morrison. Other names include Tegan Nox, Hit Row, Drake Maverick and Jaxson Ryker.

I don't know why anybody watches that product anymore. Just looking at the state of the replies to Taya Valkriye's tweets just makes me feel that some of these genuinely suffer from Stockholm Syndrome.

To be honest, I'm not gonna miss any of those released. They could've done more with Tegan Nox though. On the other hand... I'm not watching anything anyway. Nothing interesting is happening. Just waiting on Undisputed Era v. The Elite to hopefully happen in the future.

To explain the young bucks stuff, even back in NJPW they have always sort of sold themselves as 'kingmakers'. Often choosing to or to not interfere in matches based on their feelings about what should and shouldn't happen. It's not a face turn, it's recognition that Hangman deserved it and it was his time. 
If always the bucks who superkicked anyone dumped from bullet club as well. 

On 19/11/2021 at 23:40, 6666 said:

To be honest, I'm not gonna miss any of those released. They could've done more with Tegan Nox though. On the other hand... I'm not watching anything anyway. Nothing interesting is happening. Just waiting on Undisputed Era v. The Elite to hopefully happen in the future.

I think they'd do that if they don't get Kevin Steen.

I think they could have done more with John Morrison as a singles given how much time they invested in Miz and Morrison. Hit Row probably should have been given more than two matches. Not that I cared much for them other than Shane Strickland. That AJ Francis comes across on Twitter like an absolute pleb.

On 20/11/2021 at 01:16, Devil-Dick Willie said:

To explain the young bucks stuff, even back in NJPW they have always sort of sold themselves as 'kingmakers'. Often choosing to or to not interfere in matches based on their feelings about what should and shouldn't happen. It's not a face turn, it's recognition that Hangman deserved it and it was his time. 
If always the bucks who superkicked anyone dumped from bullet club as well. 

If you've got the time this evening check out the Jurassic Express Vs Superkliq match that Meltzer gave 5 stars and tell me how many times you said wtf during the match afterwards.

• Haha 1

@Devil-Dick Willie I dont know if that works in aew though. The culture in Japan is different and more about honour isn't it? Admittedly malaki black did do a similar thing and there has been no sign of a face turn but I think it might be sign of a gradual young bucks turn 

@6666 undisputed era v the elite would be impossible unless wwe buys aew(in which case it would be terrible) or triple h takes over. He has mentioned interpromotional stuff before and appeared on icw once 

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@6666 undisputed era v the elite would be impossible unless wwe buys aew(in which case it would be terrible) or triple h takes over. He has mentioned interpromotional stuff before and appeared on icw once 

They might not be able to use the name "Undisputed Era" but if you put the wrestlers together, people will know. Cole & Fish are already in AEW and O'reilley could be going there soon. Roderick Strong might not leave as he might be committed to a new faction but the original three against Omega & The Bucks would be good enough.

Edited by 6666

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

They might not be able to use the name "Undisputed Era" but if you put the wrestlers together and people will know. Cole & Fish are already in AEW and O'reilley could be going there soon. Roderick Strong might not leave as he might be committed to a new faction but the original three against Omega & The Bucks would be good enough.

Ow right. I didn't realise fish was in the undisputed era. I  only know Cole and O'Reilly 

11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

So after deciding not to watch Survivor Series for the first time in over 20 years I read this morning they based the show around a Golden Egg that somebody has stolen.

What is Vince playing at.

Movie tie-in with The Rock's new movie and it went as well as all movie tie-ins in wrestling. That along with the fact they dedicated the whole show to The Rock, it shows how much WWE value their current wrestling scene.

7 hours ago, 6666 said:

Movie tie-in with The Rock's new movie and it went as well as all movie tie-ins in wrestling. That along with the fact they dedicated the whole show to The Rock, it shows how much WWE value their current wrestling scene.

Well at least zombies are not attacking people this time I guess.

15 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

How is that wrestler kushida doing? I thought he was really good when I watched nxt. He would be good in aew.

He was outstanding in NJPW but his best years are behind him. Was a great junior heavyweight champ on several occasions. 

I wish NJPW started flashing off their best and brightest on AEW. I know Suzuki and Ishii are pretty great, but both their best years are behind them, and Archer is a midcarder. 

Get some of the English speakers, Like Zack and Ospreay, some of the big guns, Okada, Naito, Hiromu and Ibushi and of course, Jay White, whos easily the best English speaking heel wrestler on the planet. 
Fuck, I'd settle for Taichi at this point, his Schtick is WAY over in western audiences. Was long before he was accepted by the Japanese crowd.  

On 24/11/2021 at 04:17, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He was outstanding in NJPW but his best years are behind him. Was a great junior heavyweight champ on several occasions. 

I wish NJPW started flashing off their best and brightest on AEW. I know Suzuki and Ishii are pretty great, but both their best years are behind them, and Archer is a midcarder. 

Get some of the English speakers, Like Zack and Ospreay, some of the big guns, Okada, Naito, Hiromu and Ibushi and of course, Jay White, whos easily the best English speaking heel wrestler on the planet. 
Fuck, I'd settle for Taichi at this point, his Schtick is WAY over in western audiences. Was long before he was accepted by the Japanese crowd.  

Based on the ROH matches I've seen Ospreay, White and Sabre would be a grab for anybody but with the impending arrival of Steen & O'Reilly I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to stay away for another year to make a bigger splash when they arrive. Then again Jay White was in Impact Wrestling for a cup of coffee recently and I'm not sure if it was the booking but he didn't really stick his head above the parapet when doing stuff with Chris Bey. 

Ishii on Dynamite cracked me up but until Okada comes over those Chaos guys aren't going to climb the card.

19 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Based on the ROH matches I've seen Ospreay, White and Sabre would be a grab for anybody but with the impending arrival of Steen & O'Reilly I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to stay away for another year to make a bigger splash when they arrive. Then again Jay White was in Impact Wrestling for a cup of coffee recently and I'm not sure if it was the booking but he didn't really stick his head above the parapet when doing stuff with Chris Bey. 

Ishii on Dynamite cracked me up but until Okada comes over those Chaos guys aren't going to climb the card.

Being big in New Japan doesn't really mean much to most wrestling fans. Should just sign a short contract with WWE to raise his profile (even if it's as "Big Spoon" Kay Black) and then go back out there.

@Devil-Dick Willie what are the copyright laws with aew mentioning wwe? Bryan danielson mentioned wrestlemania. ( clever tactic to comment a heel turn) Jericho did mention wwe once. A lot of the times wwe isnt directly mentioned it is just hinted at. Are aew allowed to say wwe?  They mention other companies all the time but not wwe. Wonder if it is a copyright thing? Wwe have copyrighted names and things more than other companies it seems 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Devil-Dick Willie what are the copyright laws with aew mentioning wwe? Bryan danielson mentioned wrestlemania. ( clever tactic to comment a heel turn) Jericho did mention wwe once. A lot of the times wwe isnt directly mentioned it is just hinted at. Are aew allowed to say wwe?  They mention other companies all the time but not wwe. Wonder if it is a copyright thing? Wwe have copyrighted names and things more than other companies it seems 

I don’t think name dropping ever infringes on copyright