talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Maybe some point next year but not anytime soon.

I dont know to much about wwe. From what I have heard he was a big name but chose to stay on nxt because he thought he wouldn't be used well on the main roster. Probably because of his size. He was voted wrestler of the year in one of the pro wrestling magazines so I think it may happen  a bit faster that you think. I definitely think aew have big plans for him and I dont see him and omega being in the elete for long together. 

On 23/09/2021 at 01:47, The Palace Fan said:

Bryan Danielson and Kenny Omega just gave us a teaser of what they can do together and now I want to see a 24/7 iron match between them.

It was brilliant just watched it. One of those matches I probably wouldn't have known was so good a few years ago. Neither wrestler needed to dominate it, they are both so good they can keep it entertaining for half hour. It didnt even rely on near falls just great wrestling. I think a draw was the right result. Thw crowd weren't happy but it was necessary so neither got to much momentum. Omega cheating wouldn't have been the right ending for me . I don't think omega has been as good as he could have  been from what I have seen in aew. Hes been good but for someone who is considered one of the best in the world not as good as I would of expected. But a championship match with danielson could be aew's best match yet. Just watching dynamite now. Should be a great show.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan so cody took a second loss to malaki black. Would have preferred a clean win for malaki but for triple h sorry cody that is not to bad. I wonder what his thoughts were with the heavy boos he recieved? 

I think he was prepared for it based on the way the match played out.

7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think he was prepared for it based on the way the match played out.

I think it is quite common for New York crowds to cheer heals. I personally find myself not interested in him. I think if he wasnt involved in management I wouldn't mind so much. But I dont feel as if he should be where he is in aew. Omega and the young bucks having championships is ok because they would be at a similar level even if not involved in management. But I dont think cody would. Thoughts??

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think it is quite common for New York crowds to cheer heals. I personally find myself not interested in him. I think if he wasnt involved in management I wouldn't mind so much. But I dont feel as if he should be where he is in aew. Omega and the young bucks having championships is ok because they would be at a similar level even if not involved in management. But I dont think cody would. Thoughts??

Cody is a fantastic story teller and I'm sure he's aware of the public perception towards him in the last year. Hence the emphatic entrances. 

He still has a lot to offer AEW but I imagine Wrestling will be his second interest if his entertainment career on TNT can kick on permanently. 

26 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Cody is a fantastic story teller and I'm sure he's aware of the public perception towards him in the last year. Hence the emphatic entrances. 

He still has a lot to offer AEW but I imagine Wrestling will be his second interest if his entertainment career on TNT can kick on permanently. 

Fair enough. I thought this weeks dynamite was very good. I haven't been quite as impressed with cm punk so far though as I was hoping. There have been glimpses if it but hes not delivering those excellent promos so far. Maybe it will take time. Or maybe he will need to go heel soon? With Bryan danielson there I feel like we have a mega face who we can cheer so maybe it would be better?

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Fair enough. I thought this weeks dynamite was very good. I haven't been quite as impressed with cm punk so far though as I was hoping. There have been glimpses if it but hes not delivering those excellent promos so far. Maybe it will take time. Or maybe he will need to go heel soon? With Bryan danielson there I feel like we have a mega face who we can cheer so maybe it would be better?

CM Punk is unlikely to turn heel until at least next summer.

23 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

CM Punk is unlikely to turn heel until at least next summer.

Cody as a deluded executive with his head up his ass v. An anti-authority CM Punk with a chip on his shoulder. 

This "it's just nice to be here" version of Punk is underwhelming and Cody is shit as a babyface. Only reason he was getting cheered at the start was because starting AEW was mainly his idea. He also dreams he was HHH so he gets what he wants as well. Everyone gets to be in their natural roles.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Cody will rip up his "I can't compete for the AEW title" contract to either get punk into an anti authority story line for the title or to  beat punk for the title and form an anti authority story. 

To be honest a punk v a heel cody could be good 

9 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

meanwhile, in japan, Zack Sabre Jnr has submitted 3 of the last 4 IWGP champs including the current champ in a row in the G1. 
Naito
Shingo Takagi 
Kota Ibushi

Gangster. Maybe it's time for another ZSJ push?

Imagine if he'd signed with WWE after the Crusierweight Classic. He'd be 24/7 Champion by now.

8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Whats happened? 

Both men on the floor outside. The arena went red and a heartbeat noise played whilst 'Demon Balor' was on the floor. He then acted possessed, German Suplexed Roman through a table and then rolled him in to the ring. Balor then went to the top rope to hit the Coup de Grace but the top rope gave way. The lights went back to normal and Roman hit the spear for the win. The show ended with Roman looking at the sky as if God saved him.